Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any interest in Rota Slipstreams 16x8, 4x108?

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #82
I can't seem to find any alternatives to the Slipstreams, again taking into account fit (the size we want in 4x108), weight and cost.

PCA is offering a great option in the Braid, but I can't afford to spend $1,000+ for wheels.

Changing the hubs to 4x100 opens the possibilities, but even then you are probably still looking at $800 to $1000 for some decent light wheels in addition to the hub work.

If anyone has any better ideas, please bring it on.

If we can't make this happen no problem I am happy to shift my cash to a FMIC.

I'm hoping these slipstreams in et38 go through, don't have to many other options elsewhere in this pricepoint.

Ok so what's going on with the slips? [MENTION=2529]Ext569[/MENTION] are the still in so I can send them my monies

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #90
I am sending an update to all those I tracked and seemed interested in the Rota Slipstreams.

Until April 2nd Discount Tire has a $100 visa checkcard rebate available for the purchase of I think any 4 wheels. In particular the leg work has been done for TD Pro Race 1.2 if you'd consider a 15x8. See this thread:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8281-Wheel-sale-at-Discount-Tire?p=145788#post145788

If there are folks still interested in the Slipstreams that is fine. I just want to be totally transparent and make sure that members get what they want and at a price they feel good about.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
[twothumb]
I am sending an update to all those I tracked and seemed interested in the Rota Slipstreams.

Until April 2nd Discount Tire has a $100 visa checkcard rebate available for the purchase of I think any 4 wheels. In particular the leg work has been done for TD Pro Race 1.2 if you'd consider a 15x8. See this thread:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8281-Wheel-sale-at-Discount-Tire?p=145788#post145788

If there are folks still interested in the Slipstreams that is fine. I just want to be totally transparent and make sure that members get what they want and at a price they feel good about.
Good man[twothumb]

I did my part on the Slips and will proceed with that.

I'd like to thank you again Ext569 for your help and time in putting this group buy together.

Hope the best for everyone and their cars.

I'd like to thank you again Ext569 for your help and time in putting this group buy together.

I did my part as well I sent part of my payment. 15s were never an option for me.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #94

If you are happy I'm happy. Now go out there and enjoy that car!

I am not a big fan of this wheel style but a huge fan of 16x8 on this car as it should of come with 16's size wheel stock and far lighter.

I want to do all I can to help whomever needs it find the best wheels for their needs.
I'm really split between this and the current deal on the 15x8 TDs. Looking for dedicated AutoX/Track wheel setup. Would you recommend one over the other? Taking into consideration tire options/costs too. Stock suspension.

You seem really high on the 15x8s in the track wheel thread, but the 16x8 on this car seems like a good sweet spot.

Waterfan

I'm really split between this and the current deal on the 15x8 TDs. Looking for dedicated AutoX/Track wheel setup. Would you recommend one over the other? Taking into consideration tire options/costs too. Stock suspension.

You seem really high on the 15x8s in the track wheel thread, but the 16x8 on this car seems like a good sweet spot.
If a dedicated set, I'd pick based on which size might fit the "best" tire* and lowest overall weight. 16" is probably the "easier big brake fitment" choice.

*Examples:
225/45-15 VRS-3 V2 on 15x8 ($118 tirerack)
225/45-16 DZII SS on 16x8 ($132 tirerack)

Has anyone received any update on these? I paid the deposit about two weeks ago and tried e-mailing but no response. I just really want them by the end of may, very early June latest.

gabe

Has anyone received any update on these? I paid the deposit about two weeks ago and tried e-mailing but no response. I just really want them by the end of may, very early June latest.
Nope. Nothing if you hear anything let me know.

UPDATE:

I just received this email from 18Racing.

"HI,

Yes, the order has been placed on 3/24. It will normally take about 2 months to order.
We should get an ETA mid May.

Thank you for your patient."

Looks like we're good to go.