Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any interest in Rota Slipstreams 16x8, 4x108?

I've heard the 16x7s are around 13.5lbs and 16x8s are closer to 15lbs. But we'll have to find out whenever they come in. The price should be $675 shipped.
Ahh, it said $650 with 15 sets sold. I got it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Is 17lbs the correct weight? 15x7.5 +40 is 12 lbs. they are quoting me a different price as well. Higher of course.

Yea I've been eyeing the 15x7.5 slips for a while. The weight is a lot less that these 16x8 and being 15s means you can fit more sidewall than even 16 which means more comfort. I mean more sidewall without throwing off the speedo a lot. My plans are for the 15x7.5 with 195/55/15 bfg sport comp 2 tires...the tread width on these is like 7.7 I believe so should be a perfect fit. Tire is 21 lbs wheel is 12 or so that's 33 per corner coming down from nearly 43 per with the stock setup that's a huge weight loss on rolling stock. Oh and to put the icing on the cake I can get the tires cheap on this size, I will have a full inch more sidewall for comfort and my speedo will basically be dead on as these are basically the exact same height. I do like these 16x8 and if weight was 15 or under I might consider them. I probably won't be racing mine competitively just spirited daily driving but to me the more weight I can lose off the wheels the better overall performance will be plus I like the idea of cheaper tires and 1 inch more on the sidewall

Yea I've been eyeing the 15x7.5 slips for a while. The weight is a lot less that these 16x8 and being 15s means you can fit more sidewall than even 16 which means more comfort. I mean more sidewall without throwing off the speedo a lot. My plans are for the 15x7.5 with 195/55/15 bfg sport comp 2 tires...the tread width on these is like 7.7 I believe so should be a perfect fit. Tire is 21 lbs wheel is 12 or so that's 33 per corner coming down from nearly 43 per with the stock setup that's a huge weight loss on rolling stock. Oh and to put the icing on the cake I can get the tires cheap on this size, I will have a full inch more sidewall for comfort and my speedo will basically be dead on as these are basically the exact same height. I do like these 16x8 and if weight was 15 or under I might consider them. I probably won't be racing mine competitively just spirited daily driving but to me the more weight I can lose off the wheels the better overall performance will be plus I like the idea of cheaper tires and 1 inch more on the sidewall
I agree 100%. Still may end up converting to 4x100 but if I don't I'll go with the 15x7.5 SS.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
When are these wheels supposed to arrive and then ship?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Zissou

Was there ever any traction on Rota Grid's?
I kind of like the slipstreams but not in flat black. A dark grey gloss would be great

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Out of 15 sets, I believe there is either one set left to purchase, or none left. I purchased the second to last set available.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I've been looking into the 16x7 +38 Slipstream, but what is the offset of the 16x8 wheel?

EDIT: Answered my own question, they are +45. How flush are they compared to stock?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Anyone try 215/50-16 on this type of setup? I already have 215/40-17 Dunlops on OZ Ultraleggera wheels

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Anyone interested in buying my Rota Slipstreams? I traded my FiST for a FoST. Local pick up only. Not yet delivered.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Anyone have these 16x8 wheels on their car? Havnt seen any pics. Would like to see how much they poke out with 205/45/16 tires.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I put 225/45/16 on mine, and they do rub a little, and poke in the front. Will take pictures this afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Does anyone know exactly how much these weigh? I am curious I heard 17 lbs but the 7 inch wide is just over 14 I would not think the extra inch would add that much I heard it was closer to 15 but curious to see what they actually do weigh. I saw a set of these in 16x8 for 799 recently on eBay. I went with 15x8 in the team dynamic pro race 1.2 I weighed them at 15.4 lbs each without tires that's not bad. I like how I can have a full inch more on sidewall and still keep virtually the exact same OD as stock. I paid 695 shipped brand new through Chalon at PCA. I love how they look on my car. I considered 15x7.5 in these but ended up with the team dynamics wheels and have no regrets. I have a friend who owns my old svt focus and he may be interested in these slips in 16x8 curious to see if anyone has weighed them.