Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any interest in Rota Slipstreams 16x8, 4x108?

Hello all,

I have identified a vendor that can supply us with Rota Slipstreams in 16x8, that is correct 8 inch width, for our stock 4x108 bolt pattern. The vendor is 18racing.com and they are based out of Pleasanton, CA.

slipstream_4_ablk1_300.jpg

Can we hit these folks up for 15 sets? Let me know if you are interested and I will add your name to the list.

LIST CLOSURE DATE
March 11th, or when the 15 sets are assigned, whichever comes first.
If we don’t reach 15, we will need to assess the final price upon closure and discuss with 18racing.

PRICE per set $650
(based on order of 15 sets)
- Includes shipping in continental US
- Add CA tax if applicable
- PR, Hawaii, Alaska: add $150 for shipping
- Canada: add $90 for shipping

PAYMENT
18 racing will want 50% at time of placing order, and the other 50% when ready to ship.
Each and one of you will work all this out directly with the vendor after we have supplied them the list of buyers. My involvement is limited to gathering the interested parties.

DELIVERY
Turn-around time about 2 months from date order is placed.

WHEEL SPECIFICATIONS
Size: 16x8
Bolt pattern: 4x108
Hub bore: 63.35
Offset: 45mm (closest to stock)
Weight: 17 lbs
Color: Flat black

READ THIS
- All wheels same color
- All wheels same offset
- I have no relationship with Rota wheels. Like with anything else you buy, do your research and if you don’t like these, exercise your freedom to pass.
- I have no relationship with 18racing. I am just a FiST owner trying to figure out what wheel choices there are in 16x8 and our funky 4x108 bolt pattern.
- If we collectively decide to move ahead with this group buy, all financial transactions, shipping, warranty, accessories, etc. will be between you the buyer and 18racing.

ORDER LIST
1. [MENTION=2529]Ext569[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=4281]SeanBonham[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=2288]Phill_owns[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=411]westcoaST[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=2188]gabe[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=2877]Lhurg0yf[/MENTION]

As you all know it is not easy finding a vendor that will provide a 16x8 that will fit the stock hub.

TD is an awesome brand, but they don’t want to bother building the 16x8. Braid is another awesome option, but not sure why that group buy hasn’t moved.

We’ll see. No loss either way.

Take care!

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Might be interested. I wish this came along sooner :( 18racing is a great vendor.

Siestarider

I have decided to run separate track and DD tires, will go with 16's for DD, but am not sure an extra inch of width is useful to me for DD and 17 lbs is heavier than I want for track. Have to research like you say.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I already have a new set of 16x7's (14lbs.) still in the boxes otherwise I'd do it.
Same here. Just got mine wrapped and balanced the other day, ready for the spring. Would have been nice to have the extra width though, but for daily driving like myself, I guess it's really no big deal in the long run. Now looks wise might be a different decision... I just want that wide look on the car, hence why I went with the 225/45 tire look. And a 8'' tire would have definitely helped with them, I'm guessing.

I am in for sure. In the market for the those wheels and had wished I could find 8" width. I have the deposit ready.

OP
Ext569
Thread Starter #8
Same here. Just got mine wrapped and balanced the other day, ready for the spring. Would have been nice to have the extra width though, but for daily driving like myself, I guess it's really no big deal in the long run. Now looks wise might be a different decision... I just want that wide look on the car, hence why I went with the 225/45 tire look. And a 8'' tire would have definitely helped with them, I'm guessing.
[MENTION=308]Kip2MyLou[/MENTION], you got my interest perked with your post about the Slipstreams, so I decided to find out what this vendor could do for us.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=308]Kip2MyLou[/MENTION], you got my interest perked with your post about the Slipstreams, so I decided to find out what this vendor could do for us.
If I didn't already have my set I'd say add me to the list. Not worth selling mine though. Good luck though!

I would venture to guess they weigh less that 17 pounds. The 16x7 slipstreams are right about 14 pounds. I bet they are 16.5 lbs or so. Stockers are like 22, so 17 seems alright by me for an 8" wide wheel. Plus I don't really know of ANY other 16x8 wheels available in 4x108 (besides the Braid wheels that are over a grand for the set at 17.6lbs).

Subbed. I have yet to decide if I'll be getting new tires for the stockers or switching to 16s. Thanks for taking the effort to get this rolling.

Huge coincidence, I actually e-mailed them yesterday asking when they'd have stock on this spec wheel. Can you add me to the list?

EDIT:

Does the color we choose have to be flat black?

Pete

I have been running the 16x7 not only for daily driving but on track days. I wished and wished I could find the same wheel in an 8 inch width for track day use. Count me in as if we can get 16x8 it will be my dedicated track day wheel while the 16x7 will be my DD/Rally wheel :)

I'm really happy to see a 16x8 option but I don't know if I'm sold on flat black. I would have to think on it before committing.

Butterybunz

No because then my 16x7 slipstreams won't be worth as much....

Any possibility to get a lower offset like et40?

Waterfan

Just swapped to 16x7 Maxxim Winner or I would be all over this! Good pricing, great specs (weight, hub, offset), good styling

Good Luck!