Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone try the CP-E Flex rear motor mount?

It is the most expensive I have found but all the reviews of it say it has less NVH than cobb and boomba after break in. It also uses a bushing material that is more heat resistant and comes with a custom bracket

I have a lease but I really would like to replace the RMM because granny shifting into 2nd and 3rd is really boring and stupid.[rockon]

I have the CPE RMM and love it. I can't say that it has less than the cobb or boomba, but the NVH is at 1k-1500 instead of at idle. I really only notice it when in reverse as I accelerate around that range. But honestly any RMM is better than stock.

Chuckable

The CP-E mount looks like a quality piece. I've had both the Cobb and Mountune units, and didn't like either, though the Mountune was markedly better at NVH than the Cobb unit. I've since gone back to stock.

Not to go off-topic, but Mountune have said that they have seen aftermarket mounts which allow vibration at such a frequency which triggers the knock sensors, pulling timing, and reducing power. They've said that their unit does not have this issue.

In any case, if you get the CP-E, please let us know your impressions.

I don't think any RMM completely removes all NVH after break in, but it definitely reduces. I've changed my normal driving style to where I minimize the amount of time I'm in that RPM band.

I have had it on my car for 10k miles now and it definatley does the trick (I am biased). The torque steer is much less and it has made me unsure if I even need a short shifter any more as the shifting has become much more crisp. It also did me well at the dragstrip as well (tires didn't though).

It does not hit any frequency that triggers knock sensors. Generally, that is caused by metal on metal interactions and less so from motor mount NVH.

I will admit, the NVH right out of the box is not great but it does get better with break in. I have noticed that the worst vibration happens when you are in too high of a gear (mostly being in 2nd when you should be in 1st). I have driven my car with RMM and stepped out and driven another FiST with stock and realized that there wasn't a big difference in NVH.

Definatley a must have!

I'm about 5 days into my CP-E now and it has a bit more NVH at idle, not to bad really but it definitely feels a little more race-car. When driving I have very brief strong NVH at right above 1000k RPM. Hopefully it becomes less noticeable after it breaks in more, but even if it doesn't I'll probably keep it on.

I can't say whether the shifting is better or not yet, although it's definitely a bit different. I try to drive as smooth shifts as possible, (which is difficult in this car going from first to 2nd without losing a lot of speed or going up to 4000k+ before shifting) and I'm not sure that I've ever experienced the engine banging against the firewall that others have mentioned. I think once I get used to it more I may be able to shift 1-2 smoothly without loosing as much speed as I did before.

haste

1000 Post Club
I've had my CP-E rear mount on the car for about 26k miles now. I barely notice any vibration anymore and it still feels the same as new.

I've had mine on for about 50k miles. It has held up just fine and honestly I don't even notice the any vibrations. I purchased the other 2 engine mounts new and filled them with 60a polyurethane and installed them this past weekend. I must say I noticed a difference with the CP-E mount and it helped a lot, but now, WOW! No torque steer and really no added vibrations. You will like the CP-E mount and if you can replace the other 2 you will be happier.

I just installed my this past weekend. The shifting difference is immediately apparent. So much cleaner and direct, the slop is gone. I will say the vibration on cold start and around 1k rpms are pretty brutal right now and hope it breaks in a little.

FWIW, you can get the CP-E mount for $125 from Whoosh, making it cheaper than anything else. Didn't see if anyone else posted that, but here is the link. This is the route I plan on going, assuming the price stays that low. It looks like a good piece, and CP-E is known for quality parts.

http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify...roducts/ford-fiesta-st-xflex-rear-motor-mount

Wow wish I would have known that before I ordered mine haha. I still got a good deal on mine so it's not to bad

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think it's a new price honestly. I have done zero mods to my car so far, but everything that I can I plan to buy from Woosh. I was going to get in on their CP-E exhaust group buy, which was a hell of a deal, but I ended up having to have surgery and reprioritized some things. Woosh seems like a stand-up small company from what I've read on here, and I like to support the little businesses whenever possible. Them, Depo, and DHM seem to be where I plan on spending most of my money for mods when the time comes....plus, they're all active on the forums and enjoy the cars.

Back on topic...let me know how the CP-E engine mount is...I want to get it ASAP