Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart is finally selling their vacuum source block...

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #21
that does look like it's popped in and the block looks thinner than the ATP one as well.

do you have a picture with the cover off showing which way the connector is facing? With the ATP the connector sits facing out and interferes with the cover, but more because of it's height.

koozy

3000 Post Club
here's the ATP on my car. it's clearly not popped in like the Turbosmart unit.

and the bad location of the port on the wrong side. The port on the other side would have been better and would suit users who prefer to point the direction in either way.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #24
in the first pic you can see where the secondary port is located. you can see the plug sticking out.

koozy

3000 Post Club
yeah, I see it. I only need one port right now, but my main issue is getting the cover to pop back on like it should.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I can confirm that the Turbosmart vacuum block I received allows the engine cover grommet in that corner to snap in. It's still close, but better. I removed a little bit of the foam on the back of the cover to allow more room for the connector.

Here's the Turbosmart unit and everything it comes with.

Here's the ATP unit and everything it comes with.

Here both side by side. The thickness between the two are clear.

The Turbosmart block allows the use of the OE fastner to the intake manifold. ATP provides a longer screw.

Some of where the foam was removed or layered thinner.

Turbosmart unit in place.

OP
twolf

twolf

Thread Starter #27
glad to hear it worked out for you.