Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

turbo swap question

hey gys I'm saving up for either a cyborg or gt2560 turbo swap .. what exactly do I need? I have an mbrp hotside pipe, I have an upgraded dp, do I just need the turbo and a bov? how does the bov go on the hotside pipe if its solid aluminum? do I have to buy a different one? I'm basically asking what do I need? I found a really good price on the turbo do I just need this?http://topspeedparts.com/GT2560R_p_689.html and a bov with a tune and I'm set? thanks

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
The cyborg will be about as bolt on as it'll get when it comes to turbo upgrades.

ATP is another option that will sell you what you need.

DHM will get you everything you need.

To answer your BOV question. You need to get a flange welded the charge pipe or buy a charge pipe that comes with a flange built on (i.e. maperformance, DHM kit comes with one)

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
The cyborg will be about as bolt on as it'll get when it comes to turbo upgrades.

ATP is another option that will sell you what you need.

DHM will get you everything you need.

To answer your BOV question. You need to get a flange welded the charge pipe or buy a charge pipe that comes with a flange built on (i.e. maperformance, DHM kit comes with one)
I see thanks guys, and with the cyborg do I need a bov?

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
The ATP kit is 1600 and comes with everything you need. You can't just buy the turbo and bolt it on.

If you already have an intercooler and downpipe you can order ATP's kit and a blowoff valve and have everything you need.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-021&Category_Code=FIE
that link you sent me says 1895... how much power will I be seeing with that tuned on e30 and tuned on 91? where will it start spooling at? where des the cyborg start sooling? the stock starts at like 2800 right?

twolf

Cyborg uses stock diverter valve.

It says $1895 on the page, but if you know the right people you'll pay like $1600. Look around, the deals are there. Check eBay or PM your favorite ATP dealer.
It will spool slow. idk, maybe 280-300hp. The dyno chart is literally on the page I linked.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Cyborg uses stock diverter valve.

It says $1895 on the page, but if you know the right people you'll pay like $1600. Look around, the deals are there. Check eBay or PM your favorite ATP dealer.
It will spool slow. idk, maybe 280-300hp. The dyno chart is literally on the page I linked.
il prob go cyborg tbh it spools almost the same as stock and it has like 255whp

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
il prob go cyborg tbh it spools almost the same as stock and it has like 255whp
The cyborgs power will be determined by your supporting mods.. If you're running a catted downpipe and a smaller intercooler you may only see 230-240. Just a heads up.

OP
F
Thread Starter #10
whats the general consensus of the g2560 on e30? I have the cobb catted dp and mountune fmic

OP
F
Thread Starter #12
Somewhere shy of 300 with a lot of lag.
dam like round 4500rpm spool? cyborg with a mountune fmic and cobb dp id see 240-250whp on e30 right? I don't want to give up that quickspool, for me its a lot of what makes this car fun

dam like round 4500rpm spool? cyborg with a mountune fmic and cobb dp id see 240-250whp on e30 right? I don't want to give up that quickspool, for me its a lot of what makes this car fun
If you want to keep the quick spool, stay far away from the ATP turbos. I'm not exactly sure about cyborg numbers, [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] would answer your question best.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A whole lot of info on this site so you may want to spend some time reading the threads;)

In the end, around 250 WHP with all the supporting nods which includes possible E30 tune, Cyborg is the way to go.

Want 300WHP or so, DHM Quick Spool on pump gas but more costly.

They both are the most cost effective, reliable and have real support for those power goals.

Hello,

Is it possible to install an Evo turbo into the Fiesta ST? I have a buddy who has his stock turbo, which is significantly bigger than the ST's tiny one. He claims that all I'll need to purchase is the turbo manifold, and I should be set. Any concerns with this?

Thanks in advance!

- JR