Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Future Product Idea Requests?

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Hi Boomba,

I figured a dedicated topic might be more appropriate for this sort of question. I know you guys are typically pressured to keep things under wraps, but I almost never see companies asking the community what they want, as opposed to just making and putting things out. In my experiences with Boomba, I'd like to believe you guys have been pretty receptive to customer feedback and always have a great relationship with the community. It helps that I also love my short shifter setup to death, so it'd be cool to see Boomba expanding that quality to other products. Since you're one of my favorite companies, I thought I'd throw up a thread with some product ideas I'd like to see from Boomba in the future to see what you folks think and maybe also get some other feedback from other community members. :)

As cool as fluid caps are, I'd really like to see some more serious products from Boomba such as chassis bracing (Which I think you guys could do quite well and with neat colors) for those of us into things like autocross. There are already offerings from other companies in that realm, but I'd really like to see what Boomba can bring to the table there. I'd also wonder if you guys would consider additional motor mounts? Sith is already working on what is probably a very sorely needed trans bracket and upper motor mount, but they're the only ones, as far as I know. Not trying to pit two vendors against each other here, but as a consumer I can't say options are a bad thing.

Lastly, have you guys considered making some lightweight pulleys for the Fiesta ST? I know the Fusion and Focus get them and that install wouldn't be the funnest in the world, but the benefits are undoubted and well-documented on other platforms. I feel like we suffer from serious accessory drain from things like the Air Conditioning unit. On our tiny engines this could really go a long way to making the car more responsive and more livable overall, in my mind. This would be my biggest request; if only to also even the offerings between the three cars. :p

These are all things I would personally pay good money for.

I'm sure other members have things they'd like to see too!

I also apologize if this isn't the proper method of requesting such things, as well. Just thought I'd voice some things I'd like to see from the company and hopefully inspire others to, as well! :)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Hi Boomba,

I figured a dedicated topic might be more appropriate for this sort of question. I know you guys are typically pressured to keep things under wraps, but I almost never see companies asking the community what they want, as opposed to just making and putting things out. In my experiences with Boomba, I'd like to believe you guys have been pretty receptive to customer feedback and always have a great relationship with the community. It helps that I also love my short shifter setup to death, so it'd be cool to see Boomba expanding that quality to other products. Since you're one of my favorite companies, I thought I'd ask throw up a thread with some product ideas I'd like to see from Boomba and maybe also get some other feedback from other community members. :)

As cool as fluid caps are, I'd really like to see some more serious products from Boomba such as chassis bracing (Which I think you guys could do quite well and with neat colors). There are already offerings from other companies in that realm, but I'd really like to see what Boomba can bring to the table there. I'd also wonder if you guys would consider additional motor mounts? Sith is already working on what is probably a very sorely needed trans bracket and upper motor mount, but they're the only ones, as far as I know. Not trying to pit two vendors against each other here, but as a consumer I can't say options are a bad thing.

Lastly, have you guys considered making some lightweight pulleys for the Fiesta ST? I know the Fusion and Focus get them and that install wouldn't be the funnest in the world, but the benefits are undoubted and well-documented on other platforms. I feel like we suffer from serious accessory drain from things like the Air Conditioning unit. On our tiny engines this could really go a long way to making the car more responsive and more livable overall, in my mind. This would be my biggest request; if only to also even the offerings between the three cars. :p

I'm sure other members have things they'd like to see too!

I also apologize if this isn't the proper method of requesting such things, as well. Just thought I'd voice some things I'd like to see from the company and hopefully inspire others to, as well! :)
Thanks for reaching out to us! This is actually one of our preferred ways of customers to make product suggestions because it puts things out in the open and encourages discussion among the community. We would be nothing without the owners of these vehicles.

Before even getting into responding, I do want to let everyone know that every idea is taken seriously and evaluated, no matter how large or how small. With that being said, the next time we have a meeting and Boomba things are being discussed, all of these products will be brought up and we will bounce ideas around. Depending on what we decide, some ideas will be put into motion.

We pride ourselves on not releasing products until they're perfect. So if we can't get something right, there is a strong chance we're not going to do it at all.

Chassis bracing would be a little bit of something new for us. Seeing as how most of our products are CNC machined, we would either have to CNC machine the brace or toy around with the idea of having it welded together. We do have in-house capabilities to do this, it would just have to have a strong enough benefit on the car. I could see demand for something like this being high.

Top and side motor mounts: how do you guys feel about vibrations? These have come up in the past time and time again. Don't get me wrong, the benefits are there. We just find ourselves questions if there is enough demand for something like this to justify all of the NVH that would be added.

Lightweight pulleys: this would be a product with an installation on the more challenging side of things. People get a little squeamish on the Focus ST pulleys when they learn their valve cover must come off to lock the cams. How does the Fiesta crowd feel about this? Also keep in mind your tiny engine bay.

We really appreciate the feedback and ideas! This thread will be passed along to our engineers and we'll see what we can do :)

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
An intake manifold with option to have built in port injection would be game changing. Take my money now. Haha

I've bought the side mounts up to you guys through comments on Instagram. Not sure if you even read the comments lol. Personally I don't mind Vibrations but I could see where some would. This might be a mod for the more serious/race car owners.

I also like the lightweight pulley idea. Don't mind taking valve cover off at all lol

FistSt215

I like the idea of intake manifold . Along with a front lip that don't cost 3-400 dollars . Every platform has a 1-150 eBay from lip. A plug and play headlight projector .