Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM 14-15 brake pads replacements info

Dave,

Were the fronts in standard compound (not the comfort version) available now? I only ordered rears little over a week ago, because the fronts were on back order.

I guess I should call Tasca tomorrow and find out.

Thanks!

I just ordered a set of these on Friday from Tasca.
So yes, these are the current numbers.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
AY1Z-2001-D Front Brake Pads, are NOT the comfort version.
Sorry I don't know that part number as I did not order them.
Yes, AY1Z-2001-D is on back order, this is why I ordered, so that I would have when I need them.

Dave

GAbOS

Anyone with a 2016 that can enter their VIN at FordParts.com and tell us the part numbers for the Comfort brake pads?

How bout this vin for a car still for sale, 3FADP4GX6GM162364.
It is local to me, I considered buying it and it has the A/S tires and no track pads.
I just got my ST and can't wait to get rid of the track pads and get the "comfort" pads that the all seasons come with.
I will never track my car and the brake dust is is insane with the track pads...
I to want to verify the part # of the street/comfort pads so I know what to ask for.

How bout this vin for a car still for sale, 3FADP4GX6GM162364.
It is local to me, I considered buying it and it has the A/S tires and no track pads.
I just got my ST and can't wait to get rid of the track pads and get the "comfort" pads that the all seasons come with.
I will never track my car and the brake dust is is insane with the track pads...
I to want to verify the part # of the street/comfort pads so I know what to ask for.
Ok, I went to Ford Parts and entered the car lot car (without track pads) and my car (that came with track pads) and got the same results. Still not sure how to find the part #'s for the "comfort/street" pads.
Anybody with the Low Dust option have a part#??

Ok, I went to Ford Parts and entered the car lot car (without track pads) and my car (that came with track pads) and got the same results. Still not sure how to find the part #'s for the "comfort/street" pads.
[MENTION=5844]Lite2[/MENTION], one option for OEM is to contact Steve Powell at Tasca Psrts. FWIW, the part number for the non-comfort version is
C1BZ*2200*AFord

Good luck!

[MENTION=5844]Lite2[/MENTION], one option for OEM is to contact Steve Powell at Tasca Psrts. FWIW, the part number for the non-comfort version is
C1BZ*2200*AFord

Good luck!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are the REAR brakes/pads used as much for all of the 'nannies' (ESC, ABS, etc.) as the fronts of these cars?

In other words; are the rear pads going to wear just as quickly as the fronts with all of the nannies engaged during regular driving, or not as much due to weight transfer, brake biasing, etc.??

I ask because my car will come with the so called 'comfort' pads due to being ordered with the PS AS/3 all seasons.
I expect them to wear much quicker than the standard pads that come on the Potenza summer tire equipped cars, so I plan on changing out the front to some G-Locs, and just want to know if I should do the backs at the same time, or not worry about them since they are not used as heavily (by the various nannies) as the fronts? [dunno]

I gave up trying to get the part#'s for the ford "comfort pads" and just got Powerstop Z16's.
So far LOVE it, brakes not so grabby and wheels stay cleaner MUCH longer!
Pads cost about a 3rd of fords too, $45 from amazon.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Sorry to ask, but how do I contact Steve?
he is on this forum so you can PM him. [MENTION=5890]Steve@Tasca[/MENTION] this mention could also get his attention. If someone does have the comfort pads he can easily find them via teh VIN.

The original front pads were AY1Z-2001-B and these are NO longer available.
That has already been superseded by AY1Z-2001-D.

Dave
The front breaks on my '14 are shot at 40K miles. Do I order 1 each AY1Z-2001-D and C1BZ-2200-A along with 2 each AY1Z-1125-A and 1BZ-2C026-A to change everything?

Of course I need a Motive Products 1118 Adapter for the fluid flush too, I believe.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The front breaks on my '14 are shot at 40K miles. Do I order 1 each AY1Z-2001-D and C1BZ-2200-A along with 2 each AY1Z-1125-A and 1BZ-2C026-A to change everything?

Of course I need a Motive Products 1118 Adapter for the fluid flush too, I believe.

Ford changes their parts all the time.
That post was made some time ago.
I would suggest you give Steve at Tasca Parts a call.
He is listed in the Vendor Section.
He will get you hooked up with the latest Ford numbers and at the best prices.

Dave

Ford changes their parts all the time.
That post was made some time ago.
I would suggest you give Steve at Tasca Parts a call.
He is listed in the Vendor Section.
He will get you hooked up with the latest Ford numbers and at the best prices.

Dave
Thanks Dave! Knowing whether the pads are ordered by "axel" or by wheel would be really helpful.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks Dave! Knowing whether the pads are ordered by "axel" or by wheel would be really helpful.
I have been doing this for very many years.
Although I know there some very specific applications that require a different brake pad compound at each wheel.
I have only ever heard of pads being sold as an axel set.
So it is easy, just ask for a front or rear set.

Dave