Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kona Blue vs Magnetic Metallic

Which color would you prefer?

• Kona Blue

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Magnetic Metallic

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also am one regretting the dropping of the Performance Blue color option, and was then moving towards the Kona Blue as a 'next choice' alternative.

But then yesterday, while in the process of actually ordering the car, I had the dealer find ANY car on their lot with the Kona, and when they pulled up a Fiesta SE sedan in it, I really liked it from a distance, but when I got close, it appeared to have a little too much metal flake 'sparkle' to it for my taste, (IMO ONLY) 'cheapening' the look of the car.

So, I ordered the Magnetic, which looks very good/'rich' looking in ALL of the pics on this site.

IF the Kona was a more solid, and much less metallic color, I would have opted for it, as then it would be close to at least some of the paint on the M Sport team WRC cars.

Black TDs or (even Sparcos for snow wheels) will look GREAT on the Magnetic, again, IMO. [wink]

I really wanted MO, but i had to order to get one. I wasn't patient enough... I saw 3 cars in the same lot with the same option but only color difference. Kona, Magnetic, and black. all had the exact options I want, recaro and navi. I stared them 3 down real hard and it was over cast... I really liked the black. The sun came out. I left with the Kona Blue. :)

It's hard to say the grey would probably be much rarer as a Fist but, much more common when included in every other vehicle. It does look really good though.
I have a perf blue and I've only seen two ST's since owning it, one blue and one molten. I'm with you though, I've owned black and white vehicles and will never
ever own either again. White is so stark and boring, it looks like a rental car or fleet vehicle. Black is dirty before you even get back from washing it (especially
with hatches) and the forget about the swirl marks.

I saw a Kona Blue recently and I personally liked it better than my Performance Blue. Performance Blue is a tad too purple for my taste, the Kona is a deep shade of blue, which would look real nice with my white wheels. Had I known that Kona would be offered on the 2016 models, I'd have waited a little longer to order.
Hmm, I wanted more purple. I loved the sonic blue color the SVT Focus and Lightning came in.

I really wanted MO, but i had to order to get one. I wasn't patient enough... I saw 3 cars in the same lot with the same option but only color difference. Kona, Magnetic, and black. all had the exact options I want, recaro and navi. I stared them 3 down real hard and it was over cast... I really liked the black. The sun came out. I left with the Kona Blue. :)
Wow, my car was the only one around and it was 180 miles away lol. Luckily it was the color I wanted. I had to deal with the sunroof and wheels.
I feel ya on not getting the black, I will never make that mistake again.

I also am one regretting the dropping of the Performance Blue color option, and was then moving towards the Kona Blue as a 'next choice' alternative.

But then yesterday, while in the process of actually ordering the car, I had the dealer find ANY car on their lot with the Kona, and when they pulled up a Fiesta SE sedan in it, I really liked it from a distance, but when I got close, it appeared to have a little too much metal flake 'sparkle' to it for my taste, (IMO ONLY) 'cheapening' the look of the car.

So, I ordered the Magnetic, which looks very good/'rich' looking in ALL of the pics on this site.

IF the Kona was a more solid, and much less metallic color, I would have opted for it, as then it would be close to at least some of the paint on the M Sport team WRC cars.

Black TDs or (even Sparcos for snow wheels) will look GREAT on the Magnetic, again, IMO. [wink]
Good thing is those greys never really look dated and always show their age very well. It's not flashy but, it's also not a flavor of the month.

That's interesting, I found the Kona blue to have a great balance of metallic (only seen through the sun) and a solid looking dark blue overcast, and black at night. Actually without the sun its hard to see any metallic on my car.

The magnetic I saw in person on the other hand. Was wayyy too warm when the sun hit its metallic flakes, and I can see some shine during overcast. I guess I am just not a warm-gray person. it almost looks like a dirty gold. I wonder if Ford's paint is very inconsistent through batches.

the black is amazing as long as I don't own it. :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I ordered my car in September and chose Kona Blue. A week later i was at another dealership and noticed how purple a Kona blue car looked. After some research online, i was set on changing the color. It can go from blue to purple to black depending on the environment, and purple was not something i wanted at all. I was able to change the order and i'm driving a magnetic metallic car. The color is great.
Yes, THIS is what I noticed as well, and even when it does not look purple, it has too much of an 'indigo' tint to it.

That all being said, I DO like some of the colors being offered EXCLUSIVELY on the Focus RS (that bright team blue, even though they call it a metallic, and the non-metallic grey). [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Good thing is those greys never really look dated and always show their age very well. It's not flashy but, it's also not a flavor of the month.
They also have the advantage of not doing the proverbial, "catching the LEO's eye" as much as the brighter colors either, although I am WAY TOO OLD to be hooning around anyway! [:)]