Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kona Blue vs Magnetic Metallic

Which color would you prefer?

• Kona Blue

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Magnetic Metallic

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys!

I'm going to order my FiST next week, and I'm a little disappointed there's no Performance Blue color option for 2016 models. I wanted a somewhat lighter color, I think that looks better on small cars like the FiST, but my brother's taken the Molten Orange. I'm not a big fan of white or black - one is for service vehicles and the other gets dirty easily. So that leaves me with Kona Blue or Magnetic Metallic. I thought the Magnetic Metallic looked really good, until I went to the Ford dealership, then I wasn't so impressed, so I'm now considering my last option - Kona Blue.

Wanted to get you guys' opinion, I'm sure some of you have Kona Blue or Magnetic Metallic... I'm sure some have even the white or black. What are some thoughts on Kona Blue? I think it looks good, but its no Performance Blue... and I'd have preferred a lighter color, but this is the next best option for me.

Thanks for the input!

SPhilli911

I saw a Kona Blue recently and I personally liked it better than my Performance Blue. Performance Blue is a tad too purple for my taste, the Kona is a deep shade of blue, which would look real nice with my white wheels. Had I known that Kona would be offered on the 2016 models, I'd have waited a little longer to order.

I'd go with the blue; there are several people in my office who have similar color vehicles (not FiSTs) and all but one said although they liked the gray when they bought the car, they soon became tired of it. When I ordered silver (no longer available) in mid 2014 it was to keep a low profile and it doesn't show dirt as easily.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, one thing for sure - metallic looks way more common on the road, not just FiST, but in general. And I thought Kona Blue looks a bit more purple-ish than Performance Blue does... at least in the pictures on ford's website. It does look completely different under the sun though, actually looks nice, but looks a little more purple-ish in shade, or dark conditions.

Zormecteon

When I saw Magnetic, it almost made me trade in my IS one.. not quite but almost. Dark enough to disappear in traffic, its a great sleeper color. It should shine up and glow unlike the silver and hide dirt better than black. I think it's the perfect compromise between those two.

Magnetic still gets dirty don't get me wrong but coming from a black truck it's a ton better. I fell in love when I saw mine sitting on the lot with black wheels. uploadfromtaptalk1456584651312.jpg

Zormecteon

Magnetic still gets dirty don't get me wrong but coming from a black truck it's a ton better. I fell in love when I saw mine sitting on the lot with black wheels.
It will show dirt, of course, but not as bad as black. You need to get to the Octane Academy now and get the STOA badges (ST in black with hint of red trim)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Another Magnetic Grey Fiesta with black wheels here. I had a chance to buy a Kona Blue with moof roof and nav but opted for the Magnetic. It looks so nice with the black wheels. [grinking]

Fiesta 2.jpg

I think I see colors like a dog sniffs scents. Magnetic is definitely a great color. Unique and very bada55.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I almost went with magnetic metallic until I saw it. It's not really metallic and the dealers are mislabelling the color. I know this because there was a magnetic metallic Mustang GT on the lot for comparison. The GT had the metallic flake and the FiST did not. There was an obvious (and gorgeous) sparkle to the GT while the fist was just gray with not even the slightest hint of flake... Get the Kona blue! I saw one on the road and wish I had known it existed b4 I bought my black one. Amazing color.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Love the combo with the gloss black wheels. It looks better than the one I looked at with the standard alloy wheels, IMO.

But I think this proves that no matter the choice, the FiST looks good in any color. :)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
you DO have flake! I wanted the metallic and went to a dealer that had both a shadow black one and what i thought was a magnetic one. Well, the one they had didn't have ANY flake in it. I checked it from every angle in clear daylight and nothing. That's why i didn't buy it :( Looking at the window sticker (i kept both) i now see that the color was listed as magnetic. Not magnetic metallic. WTF Ford?! Did they really put out two grays?!!

OP
R
Thread Starter #17
Thanks guys, some good info. I think I'll go with the Kona Blue and black wheels, despite the polls showing otherwise! I think it stands out a little bit but not too much!

I ordered my car in September and chose Kona Blue. A week later i was at another dealership and noticed how purple a Kona blue car looked. After some research online, i was set on changing the color. It can go from blue to purple to black depending on the environment, and purple was not something i wanted at all. I was able to change the order and i'm driving a magnetic metallic car. The color is great.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with Kona Blue with black rims - the blue in direct sunlight is AWESOME! (Not my pics, got them from the KB thread)

Attachments