Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

aftermarket seats...

codestp202

So, I haven't seen this covered, have we figured out the issues that come from removing the stock seats? I would love to get some nice Sparcos but there is the airbag and weight sensor. Have we found a resistor to wire into the existing plug so the dash doesnt throw an airbag light and disable all of the bags?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So, I haven't seen this covered, have we figured out the issues that come from removing the stock seats? I would love to get some nice Sparcos but there is the airbag and weight sensor. Have we found a resistor to wire into the existing plug so the dash doesn't throw an airbag light and disable all of the bags?
I would like to know this as well, but since so few on here are willing to swap out either of the factory seats for aftermarket ones (for whatever reasons/rationale) there is no info on this. [:(]

I want to install either Status Spa alcantara recliners, or an OMP, Sparco, or Racetech shell in mine come spring. [wink]

codestp202

I would like to know this as well, but since so few on here are willing to swap out either of the factory seats for aftermarket ones (for whatever reasons/rationale) there is no info on this. [:(]

I want to install either Status Spa alcantara recliners, or an OMP, Sparco, or Racetech shell in mine come spring. [wink]
I would love to get the resistor thing figured out along with what rails would work for the car. I just want a simple, very well bolstered, reclining bucket seat that will slide.

codestp202

Has anyone figured out the air bag resistor bypass for the fist yet?
I'm desperate for an answer on this. It looks like the answer for subarus is a 3.3 ohm 1/4 watt resistor is the answer. Looks like Mustangs use 2ohm 1/4 watt resistors. I'll talk to my electrical engineer friend to get his thoughts on how we could test resistance needed.