Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Production Numbers

Waterfan

Regarding "not a money maker":

DISCLAIMER - NAPKIN MATH BASED ON SWAG'D ASSUMPTIONS

The Fiesta platform provides HUGE economies of scale and I assume the "special" ST parts are nearly a wash in terms of cost over other trims*. So except for the development time/cost putting it all together and the Fiesta Movement Launch Events, I will venture to say every dollar above the Titanium pricing (~18.5k) is essentially pure profit.

Everyone loves profit = FiST is profitable = Ford loves the FiST? :) LOL

*the 1.6T engine and gearbox are the most substantial difference. 1.6T used in many other models for good economies of scale. Gearbox is possibly the most "special/unique" part in the entire FiST. Maybe adds less than 1k to incremental parts costs?

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I think the sole purpose of the Fist is as an entry point to Ford performance vehicles. After all what is the competition for $22K or so? Car people know the ST's. Came out of wally World the other day with three guys circling my car like sharks. The average joe out there has not a clue how special this car is...........

Any updates, I really really want to purchase this lol. I am curious as to what number mine would be. I had a fairly early build date of September of 2013.

Any updates, I really really want to purchase this lol. I am curious as to what number mine would be. I had a fairly early build date of September of 2013.
So I reached out to Ford Performance and they directed me to the company selling them. Calling them, they told me they're in the process of putting it all together and they should have them by December. He stressed it could be sooner, or may be later. Just FYI

So I reached out to Ford Performance and they directed me to the company selling them. Calling them, they told me they're in the process of putting it all together and they should have them by December. He stressed it could be sooner, or may be later. Just FYI
Awesome! Thanks for the news I'll keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

I agree with this car being very special and the majority not knowing what it is. The only performance I've changed on mine is a little weight reduction, lighter wheels/tires setup (saved me about 25 lbs total), k&n drop in, muffler and resonator delete (although this may not have gained any power) and an LMS 93 octane tune. It is not the quickest car on the road for sure but its a lot faster than most people realize. I have surprised a couple owners of various different cars on the streets in my 5 months of ownership :). As for the build certificate I want one of those bad....any update?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Will Ford even give us the total production numbers by year, and what number our cars are in that production run, or are they saying we have to buy the certificates in order to get this info at all??

LILIKE16ST

Will Ford even give us the total production numbers by year, and what number our cars are in that production run, or are they saying we have to buy the certificates in order to get this info at all??
I am very interested in one of these certificates. It is similar to the svt certificates that used to come with all the svt vehicles (and should come with the ford performance vehicles as well). It is something really cool to have. I also picked up one of those things in the show room when I was waiting to sign papers while buying the car that has a pic of both ST vehicles and info on both. It says something like "there's a new badge in town" and it tells all about both the FoST and the FiST. I think one of those, one of these certificates, as well as the original window sticker (which I kept and still have and always will) and three really cool things to have with this car and would be cool to put on display if one ever entered into a show or something of that sort. Just an idea...anyways I'm VERY interested in a certificate and I will buy it no matter the cost unless it is something out of the world like over 100 bucks or something like that...that's just insane if so. They should have came with the car for free but I'm willing to buy. I have a 2016 so when will/did production stop for the 16 model year so we can get final numbers?

delcodan

In addition to production numbers does anyone know when production ends for the 2016 model year and starts for 2017? I read it was sometime in October but can?t seem to find the article or post that said that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^If I am recalling correctly, it was; final day of '16 production; 11/25/16, first day of '17 production; 11/28/16, but I have no idea if that was actually confirmed by anyone at Ford production planning, or not, just what was posted. ;)

?Ford has now sold more than 38,000 Fiesta STs in Europe since we introduced the acclaimed hot hatchback in 2013, and growing numbers of customers have been asking us for a 5-door version,? said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe.

Very interesting info! I think this might be some of the first official Fiesta ST production numbers I've seen directly from Ford! Too bad it's UK only [:(]

LILIKE16ST

^^If I am recalling correctly, it was; final day of '16 production; 11/25/16, first day of '17 production; 11/28/16, but I have no idea if that was actually confirmed by anyone at Ford production planning, or not, just what was posted. ;)
Good info....if this IS true I wonder how soon after this could we order our certificates for those of us who have the 16 FiST? I'm very interested in obtaining one for sure....

LILIKE16ST

Good info....if this IS true I wonder how soon after this could we order our certificates for those of us who have the 16 FiST? I'm very interested in obtaining one for sure....

Here's a little taste of production numbers: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...on-eco-boost-registrations-up-21-percent.html

Retail registrations of Fiesta ST are up 7 percent year over year, based on IHS Market data, and with Focus ST up just over 5 percent in the same timeframe. The addition of Focus RS, starting in June, puts retail registrations of Ford?s hot hatchbacks up 21.3 percent year over year. Through September, retail registrations of the 165-mph-top-speed Focus RS totaled 1,674. Focus ST retail registrations totaled 8,249, while Fiesta ST totaled 3,215.
So I take that to mean 3,215 Fiesta STs were sold from September 2015 through September 2016. Being up 7% year over year, that would be 3,005 for August 2014- August 2015. Given we know it took a little time for the FiST praise to ring out from the media, I would say year 1 (Sept 2013 to Sept 2014) was probably high 2000s. So this would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 9,000 US Fiesta STs.

What I don't know is if this is US only, NA or globally. I'm thinking US market.

However, different estimate method:

According to this link (http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/ford-fiesta-sales-figures.html), and using the Ward's 8% mix Fiestas being "performance models" I would say the following would be a very very rough estimated US Fiesta STs sold to date:

September 2013 = 403
October 2013 = 346
November 2013 = 371
December 2013 = 358
January 2014 = 332
February 2014 = 387
March 2014 = 527
April 2014 = 465
May 2014 = 576
June 2014 = 516
July 2014 = 603
August 2014 = 447
September 2014 = 334
October 2014 = 290
November 2014 = 274
December 2014 = 297
January 2015 = 276
February 2015 = 296
March 2015 = 395
April 2015 = 478
May 2015 = 754
June 2015 = 637
July 2015 = 439
August 2015 = 471
September 2015 = 559
October 2015 = 289
November 2015 = 273
December 2015 = 284
January 2016 = 204.8
February 2016 = 300
March 2016 = 363
April 2016 = 356
May 2016 = 492
June 2016 = 325
July 2016 = 327
August 2016 = 315
September 2016 = 338
October 2016 = 270
----------------------
14,967 Fiesta STs

Who knows but I think the somewhere between 9k and 15k seems about right for 3 full years of production.

LILIKE16ST

does anyone have any updates on the certificates and their availability for the 16 owners? also does anyone have access to production numbers in particular the 16?

Hey guys. I was in touch with Ford Performance. The official owners certificates will be ready in April. On them will be total build numbers and your specific build number for your model year.

Hope this helps!
Do you know where you can get them? Still only see Focus ST ones...