Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Production Numbers

Anyone know where to find production numbers for the FiST? TIA
This might help.

http://wardsauto.com/industry/ford-st-products-surpassing-expectations

Its for 2014 but should be reflective of recent model years.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/ford-fiesta-sales-figures.html

The link above would take you to monthly/annual sales up until last month. These are sales though, actual production numbers will be slightly more due to in-transit, in-production, orders, and cars still for sale.

Doing some numbers Ford sells around 5500-5900 per year with total production just slightly more.

Now production numbers based on color, option-list, and date I don't believe have been released yet or no one has found them yet.
The link below is something which would be awesome to have for the FiST. This is for the 13 Focus ST.

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-ge...r-2013-north-american-production-numbers.html

By comparison to even the FoST we have a very uncommon car. That will become even more rare as it ages considering there is always FiSTs on Co-Part which have been wreaked and will mostly likely be torn apart for parts, or FiST which have been converted to race vehicles.

So,, with that being said , will they have to stop making them for the value to rise noticeably , or are they rare enough to at least not to depreciate much , I wonder

So,, with that being said , will they have to stop making them for the value to rise noticeably , or are they rare enough to at least not to depreciate much , I wonder
OK LONG POST.

In Europe, the Fiesta is the most popular car sold, with the 1.0 leading the pack. The ST served as a halo car (now the ST200) and it did its job well. WRC, Rallyes, endorsements, test drive days, Top Gear. As a result, values of ST models will most likely rise as the FiST is literally born of the same Euro blood as the XR2, Cosworth, and RS badges of Europe's past.

Now in the US we like horsepower and tire smoke. Understandable; we grew as a nation with highways. American culture is Grease, Fast n' Furious, Santa Claus. Also gas is cheap even when its 4 bucks a gallon. This favors the GT350s, and Hellcats of the world, as well as our trucks. Small, sporty, cheaper cars historically don't do that well in America, unless it receives unanimous praise and/or a dedicated cult following. Example: Beetle, classic GTI, classic CRX/Civic Si, Miata.

The worst I could see actually happening to the FiST would be similar to it's "father" the Focus SVT. A short production, a following, an aftermarket, but not making any impact on mainstream culture which results in prices not really going anywhere but down with possibly an uptick after 25 years. Don't expect 30 years from now that the FiST will demand figures high enough at an auction house to cover total cost of ownership which really adds up overtime.

Now time for more predictions.
A) No NA Next-Gen. Dedicated fan base, low production, motorsports/halo/drivers car status, reliability = slowed depreciation,
B) No NA Next-Gen. Fan base falls apart, low production, no clean/stock examples = forgotten, examples in good shape sell higher
C) A mix of A and B.
D) No NA Next-Gen, but somehow a FiST becomes a hero car, movie does insanely well = movie legend status [rockon]
E) Next-Gen FiST sucks = dedicated following for 1st Gen continues, FiST is soon no longer offered in NA due to poor sales, back to A and B
F) Next-Gen FiST improved = everyone trades in for new model, 1st Gen falls victim to high school parking lot status, and a whole number of things can happen here afterwards
G-Z) ....etc....etc...etc

It helps to be a future classic, but this was thrown around alot when the FoST came out, and the FiST, and the RS (which could be more of an "true" with a limited number produced). But the "true, red, white, and blue" classics from Ford will always be the GT, and all your "special limited race snake edition Mustangs", possibly the V8 Raptor.

So to answer your question, "Will they have to stop making them for the value to rise noticeably?" Yes and No.
Your second question, "Are they rare enough to at least not to depreciate much?" You guessed it, Yes and No.

The only thing that is fact is that we have an uncommon car that will become more even more uncommon/rare.

Hey guys. I was in touch with Ford Performance. The official owners certificates will be ready in April. On them will be total build numbers and your specific build number for your model year.

Hope this helps!

jeff

2000 Post Club
I highly doubt there will be a second gen FIST with those production numbers. We're going the way of the dinosaur, but in 20 years these cars will be revered the way the '91-94 SE-Rs were/are. FIST will be on those top ten lists of "rare but amazing cars that not too many people know about".

jeff

2000 Post Club
Sort of like the TV show "Firefly". Great but ahead of its time/just too awesome for the masses.

That's the FIST.

I highly doubt there will be a second gen FIST with those production numbers. We're going the way of the dinosaur, but in 20 years these cars will be revered the way the '91-94 SE-Rs were/are. FIST will be on those top ten lists of "rare but amazing cars that not too many people know about".
The B-13 SE-R, born from same ideals as the FiST. A perfect real-world historical example of what will probably happen if they discontinue the FiST. They still make these, just I don't think it's offered with the 2.0 anymore or in a coupe.

jeff

2000 Post Club
The B-13 SE-R, born from same ideals as the FiST. A perfect real-world historical example of what will probably happen if they discontinue the FiST. They still make these, just I don't think it's offered with the 2.0 anymore or in a coupe.
Yes. Great car. I found a 1991 red SE-R hidden on the back corner of a dealer lot, dirty and "unsellable because it has a manual transmission". Bought it for $2200, that car was AMAZING. Sold it years later, never should have. But the Fiesta has that same special feeling.

OK back on topic - I would be surprised if Ford continues the FiST much longer here in USA - it is not a money maker.

it is not a money maker.
I believe it might allow for slightly more profit margin when compared to a base Fiesta. But in areas where the cars like the Fiesta are not popular, they sit on dealer lots for months and get marked down effectively negating any actual gains, like here in Truck country where a pair of FiSTs sat on the lot for about 10 months*.

What it did succeed in doing was creating lifelong Ford customers who are young and new to the brand, as well as providing a sort of attainable entry-level performance car vs. the FoST which might have been considered a "Halo" car for the segment at least. Now that the RS is here, the RS is the Halo car and the FoST is the attainable entry-level performance car. It makes sense, considering even Block is trading in his "Fiesta" for the "Focus".

*(when I was car shopping, saw two FiSTs in the corner of a local dealer lot. Salespeople at a local dealer told me they only had 3 FoSTs. I pointed out the FiSTs. "No sir those are FoSTs, I would know" "Alright 100 bucks, we can go looking at the badges on them right now." "Sounds good, I have the papers here, though" I make a point of shaking hands. Salespeople make a point of gathering around to help. "Just a minute" (Looks for papers, checks computer) "I can't seem to find the FoST papers" (Looks around more, frustrated typing) Look of shock, embarrassment, sweating. "I was just kidding those are Fiestas" Asked for prices, etc. They then insisted on not handing me 100 bucks blaming it as a minor mistake, even with promise of a sale, and so I walked out)*

I wonder if they will release all the specific % of what ever options were produced.

Since the FiST is more or less a hopped up version of the regular fiesta built on very common chassis. A second generation is not entirely out of question. Especially since the chassis development is done for the larger volume non ST models, the costs of simply tuning a suspension and engine into the same chassis is much lower. This usually helps on deciding wither or not A manufactors can turn a profit on the car or not. With the FiST being a fairly popular platform across the pond and being able to do anything from rally to road courses it's very possibly we'll get a second generation. The massive hint I saw from Ford as to how much they they really want to keep the FiST going is the switching of Ken Block's GRC car to a Focus RS platform.. That could be a bad sign from Ford that they feel the development dollars from the FiST could be better suited providing a larger budget to a more viable platform in the Focus performance models than the FiST. Just my 2cents.. Oh I owned and raced a rusty LeMons/Chumpcar B13 SER, awesome platform, But they are all but disappeared 20years later. Damn rust and high school kids.

Hey guys. I was in touch with Ford Performance. The official owners certificates will be ready in April. On them will be total build numbers and your specific build number for your model year.

Hope this helps!
I didn't know we are going to receive build certificates, pretty cool. :)

yeah, I have no idea now. Obviously, Ford Performance's communication to me was not correct, or if it was at the time, something has changed. It would be really nice to have. I check every week.

yeah, I have no idea now. Obviously, Ford Performance's communication to me was not correct, or if it was at the time, something has changed. It would be really nice to have. I check every week.
how are you getting your info? via website or direct communication? I'm just curious if this is something others can "watch" for, as well.

I reached out to Ford Performance's facebook page. They got back to me after a couple days confirming that they were to come out in April.

Nice. Are they just going to send them automatically, or do we have to place orders (pay) for them?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk