Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bad Seller/Poor Communication

Trader history for jaysinstrife (0)

jeff

2000 Post Club
Agreed. But a post like that one absolutely raises a red flag for me. A post count that low for a high ticket item = no sale for me every time. Risk, reward just not worth it imo. Unless it were local, of course.
Yes - and the guy did not respond to my question but still bumped his thread. That's a red flag for me.

I just realized I sold my All-Weather Mats to this guy. He took forever to send payment and kept having trouble but I insisted and specified what he needed to do and the correct process to follow. I was thinking it was a little fishy but I was selling the mats so I guess I had a little more control in the situation. Ended up fine, but damn reading through this thread sure made me grateful everything went well. But it does make me wonder if he even has a FiST which probably means he turned right back around and scammed someone with the mats.

I'm truly appalled at the whole situation, but applaud everyone on here for handling it so well and catching this guy. I also hate to think that the scammed money was probably used to the buy my mats, but in the end justice is served.

The paper thing though... what in the world?!? Shaking my head, man.

me32

1000 Post Club
Never ever send money as a gift unless you know the person and trust them. Very long read of 31 pages. Sorry for all involved learning lesson for all involved.

OP
J
Thread Starter #307
Mine came back thru my dispute with PayPal. The sellers refund never went thru. They credited it back to my card so now I have a bunch of credit for my PayPal credit card lol.

This was a fascinating thread to read. I've definitely learned a lot about buying/selling on forums. I've only ever bought three things (all on FF) but definitely feel lucky that I wasn't scammed. Everyone should take the time to read this thread.

Whatever happened to the guy? Was legal action pursued?

SPhilli911

Reading this thread this morning was like watching a TV show, I couldn't wait to see what was in the box! I was definitely not expecting paper, but it was a good twist.

In all seriousness, this was an eye-opener. I don't sell a lot of things, but one thing I always do when buying/ selling car parts is local pickup. I got scammed on Ebay years ago (out of about $500) and Paypal did not want to help me, so I've strayed away from that.

What a read. I just finished reading through every single post and holy shit what was that guy thinking sending all that paper, smh. Glad it all got resolved at the end and all of you got a refund. I would have liked to see him get arrested and face a judge because this is a blatant fraud case that had plenty of evidence to prosecute the guy. Did you guys decide it was just not worth the trouble to follow through with law enforcement? Any update in this?

Butterybunz

What a read. I just finished reading through every single post and holy shit what was that guy thinking sending all that paper, smh. Glad it all got resolved at the end and all of you got a refund. I would have liked to see him get arrested and face a judge because this is a blatant fraud case that had plenty of evidence to prosecute the guy. Did you guys decide it was just not worth the trouble to follow through with law enforcement? Any update in this?
I can't speak for everyone, but for me it was a busy time of year for me recently started a new job and moved to a new city. Looking back I wish I would have at least called local authorities in the scammers city and saw how they wanted to deal with it.