Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NJ/NY/PA dealership service department reviews

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been researching dealers in the NJ area. As FiST owners in the New England areas and members of this forum, I think it would be wise to have a regional thread dedicated solely to sharing our dealership experiences. Some of the shit I'm finding online is straight up horrifying. Ford really has some insanely bad dealerships. We have to band together and show our support for a dealer(s) that treats us FiST owners right. Then hopefully with enough of us endorsing a given dealer(s), we can expect good service for our beloved lil hatches. I'll update the lists below as members post their experiences.

THE GOOD
  1. Bethlehem Ford --- Leased my car here. Honest Sales/Finance. Too far for me to drive for service though.
  2. Holman Ford
  3. Fred Beans Ford
  4. Tom Masano
  5. Performance Ford

The BAD AND UGLY:
  1. Liccardi Ford --- Shady sales/finance, Scary service dept reviews
  2. Fullerton Ford --- Shady sales/finance, Scary service dept reviews
  3. Malouf Ford --- Scary service dept reviews
  4. Bell Ford --- Scary service dept reviews
  5. Dana Ford --- Scary service dept reviews
  6. Causeway Ford --- SCARY service dept

It wasn't until i did some real digging for some of the dealers that I found the really horrid reviews. It seems like the positive reviews on dealerrater.com are mostly fake (I left one for Bethlehem). Salerno Duane and Maplecrest Ford seem to have decent ratings but so did some of the others on the list. If anyone in the region has any recommendations (good or bad) please share them here! Working together may be our only hope in finding good dealerships! [cheerleader]

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I have one. Add Causeway Ford in manahawkin NJ to the bad list.

Had my transmission replaced under warranty from them. Terrible communication. I was the one calling up to find out if the car was done. "Oh yeah I meant to give you a call"

Gave me back the car, drove home to find CEL on. Open hood, find the lid to the air box off, my plastic engine cover was MISSING, and there were random screws halfway tightened. Ended up getting the engine cover back the next day.

Went to swap trans fluid last week and almost nothing came out of the trans. The verdict on that is still to be determined because there's a chance the trans is leaking fluid, but I checked it multiple times and left cardboard under the car hoping to catch a drop, but nothing has come up. I wouldn't put it past this dealer forgetting to fill the trans with fluid.

STAY AWAY FROM CAUSEWAY FORD SERVICE

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Holy shyte! So sorry to hear. Stories like urs are all too common. All I need are struts replaced and I'm shitting bricks. Adding causeway. I was hoping you'd pop in. Thanks for playing!

I've had relatively good experiences with Bethlehem Ford though they were supposed to order my strut and give me a call still nothing almost 2 months later.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
I just made an appointment with Maplecrest Ford for 3/26. I'll report back. Wish me luck.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Sooo, get to the dealer and they don't have me in their system....My name, appointment...nothing. Go through the process of adding me to "the system". The guy then tells me that he's full with 4 people ahead of me & this may be 3-4 hours before they can even look at it. So I left. Go Ford! The guy that wrote me up was very apologetic tho. Even stating that if he would have gotten my initial service call, he would have told me not to do it on Saturday since they are always packed.

The service bays can be seen through giant windows in the service office, which was pretty cool. Incentive for the techs to refrain from taking a hammer to car, u know. The lifts, garages, workers, everything was REALLY clean and looked very organized. BUT, i watched a tech bolt a wheel back onto a new Explorer without cross tightening it. Just went round in a circle with the impact gun 3 times. Don't know how i fell about that.

The jury is still out for Maplecrest. I may or may not go back. Considering just going aftermarket and fixing it myself.

rexdriver85

Bought my car at Tom Masano Ford in Reading, PA. Sales and finance wasn't horrible honestly. I negotiated and got the deal I wanted after hours of back and forth. I know dealerships and I know how sales and finance guys are, so for me it was easy to deal with them since I've worked at a dealership in the past.

I had them do my first oil change (free) at 290 miles. I provided them with an oil analysis kit and they took the car in on a Saturday afternoon right away. No questions or comments about it getting an oil change at such low miles. Very nice service writer.

I was right there with the tech while he did the oil change and took my sample. Nice guy and was very respectful to me and my new car. All the other techs came over to see the car and chat about it.

Good experience but it was only an oil change, nothing major like Frankie. This is the only time my car has ever been to the dealership service department in 14,500 miles.

Fred Beans Ford in Boyertown, PA is very mod friendly. They do performance installs at Carlisle each year. I've never had a car serviced their before but I know lots of people in the area who do and everyone says they are top notch.

Also their parts department is one of the best. I used to work with a guy who is in their parts department now and he's extremely good at his job and a very nice person. I've had great experience with parts there. They go the extra mile to help you out. If you ever need anything call and ask to speak to "CB". He will take care of you.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for posts. The list has been updated.

Deli

I got the car at Performance Ford in Randolph NJ and after driving it a few weeks, I noticed the steering wheel was slightly off. I brought it in thinking it would just need a slight adjustment and they ended up doing a whole alignment all under warranty. My VW service for my other car would have either just adjusted the steering wheel without looking at anything else, or they would have said I hit a pothole and made me pay for it. I'd mark them in the "good" for now, but I'll wait to see how they are down the line.

I've had relatively good experiences with Bethlehem Ford though they were supposed to order my strut and give me a call still nothing almost 2 months later.
Finally got my strut replaced! stopped in last weekend to inquire about the strut, they told me it was on back order but then magically appeared Monday. Which makes me believe they didn't order the part after my last service. But today's experience was painless, stopped in dropped the car off went and grabbed some breakfast at the Borderline diner across the street. From took them a little over an hour to complete so no problems there. We'll see how they do when the passenger side one decides to blow out.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
My axles are leaking so i need to have the TSB performed and i'm shitting bricks. Bumping this thread for more feedback! Thanks all!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Fred Beans in DOYLESTOWN was about the absolute WORST, BOTTOM OF THE BARREL new car, or ordered car buying experience I've ever suffered through in my 62 years of life on this planet! [mad]

I don't know about their service, as I REFUSE to let them touch this car until it is ABSOLUTELY necessary (warranty. TSB, recalls, etc.), and I will even forego (due to lack of trust) the one free oil change they give their new car buyers.

I did once go for their free coupon alignment check, but they flat out REFUSED to set it to the (STILL within factory specs range) settings I wanted (even with me offering to sign a tire wear waiver!), so they are OUT of the picture for that as well now!