Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Baby Got New Shoes

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I love them. I chose them because they were linear rate. I didn't like that so many weren't publishing spring rates and instead going the route of "progressive". I didn't want my car to be softer in normal driving and to only perform when loaded up. I wanted crisp handling right from the initial turn-in without having to wait for weight transfer.

The fact that Swift uses a shock dyno to test the stock dampers and then chooses a spring rate to match was key. It meant an easy install and assured performance.
Oh okay, that makes sense. Might look into them then. You have a link for them? And you plan on running with stock shocks for a while or getting upgraded shocks?

NICE NICE NICE, we have similar taste. I just put my Matte Black Grids 17x7.5 ET45 with Yoko Advan AD08s on the other day, also on a performance blue. I've never had tires of this caliber and was shocked about how much more grip I have now.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
40. Posted some photos in the ''what I did to my car today?'' thread.
40mm offset with 225's does put it out pretty wide. That's another 5mm closer to the fender lip than mine is already.

I started here and then looked for retailers:
http://www.swiftsprings.net/products/sport-compact/spec-r.html

I think Modbargains carries them now.
Just ordered my swift springs. Do you rub at all with the 17x8s with 215/40s? It doesn't look like it would. Just a very slight stretch on the wheels to help not rub. I track my FiST and I'm looking for a stiffer ride and lighter wheels other than stock haha. I still have no idea how you got hyper black grids. I can only find matte black....I might just settle with them.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Just ordered my swift springs. Do you rub at all with the 17x8s with 215/40s? It doesn't look like it would. Just a very slight stretch on the wheels to help not rub. I track my FiST and I'm looking for a stiffer ride and lighter wheels other than stock haha. I still have no idea how you got hyper black grids. I can only find matte black....I might just settle with them.
So far I haven't rubbed yet but they've only been on the car since Thursday. I've pushed it pretty hard in twisties but definitely not 10/10ths yet. I'm thinking it's not going to rub and even if it does it would be at max braking while turning (which you shouldn't ever do). I'll update the thread if I end up getting rubbing.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
And you plan on running with stock shocks for a while or getting upgraded shocks?
I plan on running with stock shocks. Swift designed them to work with the stock valving (which is already stiff) and if they wear out I'll get new ones at $40 each. I have almost 19k on the car and the upgraded springs since last July. So far no issues.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Sweeet!

Love to see a shot from behind to see the stance.

What IC do you have? (It's not in your signature.)
Whoops! I have the Mishimoto J-Line.

Here's a cellphone shot from the back:

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I plan on running with stock shocks. Swift designed them to work with the stock valving (which is already stiff) and if they wear out I'll get new ones at $40 each. I have almost 19k on the car and the upgraded springs since last July. So far no issues.
Sounds awesome. I still looking around the see if I can run them with my set up.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So far I haven't rubbed yet but they've only been on the car since Thursday. I've pushed it pretty hard in twisties but definitely not 10/10ths yet. I'm thinking it's not going to rub and even if it does it would be at max braking while turning (which you shouldn't ever do). I'll update the thread if I end up getting rubbing.
Are these the same springs?

http://www.modbargains.com/swift-spec-r-springs-ford-fiesta-st-2014up.htm#customer-reviews