Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Baby Got New Shoes

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Are these cast wheels? And what do they weigh? Haven't been able to find much specific information on them.
Yes, cast. They weigh 19.2 according to my bathroom scale. Since they're a full inch wider than stock and still 3# lighter I say that's a win.

Chuckable

Yes, cast. They weigh 19.2 according to my bathroom scale. Since they're a full inch wider than stock and still 3# lighter I say that's a win.
Yes, considering they're a full inch wider and still weigh only about 85% of stock wheels, that is certainly a win [clap]

Ya 22.5lb for stock wheels is atrocious when the FiST is such a nimble car hahaha. I may be picking up a set in matte black. Wish I could find hyper black like you though! Looks fantastic.

I'm so stoked. I have the exact same wheels ordered and on the way. 17x8 hyper black rota grids 40 offset and swift springs too. You made my decision much easier seeing your set up. I'm also performance blue. I feel like a total copy cat but it's okay we'll probably never run into each other on the road :D lol

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #50
[MENTION=648]iso100[/MENTION], any update on rubbing with the 8" width set-up?
No rubbing metal of any kind. Some slight rubbing of the fabric fender liner up front but it's just the very edge of the tire's contact patch. I can't even hear when it does it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THANKS for that update, since the 17x8, 215/40-17 Star Spec 2 setup on Swift springs is also one I am considering, albeit not with Rotas, or Grids (TD Pro Race 1.2s). ;)

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
^^^THANKS for that update, since the 17x8, 215/40-17 Star Spec 2 setup on Swift springs is also one I am considering, albeit not with Rotas, or Grids (TD Pro Race 1.2s). ;)
Welcome. My offset is 40mm. In case that helps.

Just ordered a set of Hyper Black Grids, my second set. I used to run the Grid Offroads on my 240sx 5 years ago lol. Can't wait to get some rubber on them.