Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Schroth QuickFit Pro Harness First Impressions

I know the ideal is a seat made from a garbage bag filled with a little two part expanding foam and seat belt mounts welded directly in to the cage at the dimensions specified in the seat belt instructions or FIA/SCCA manual. That works great in a space frame race car where the seat area is built with maybe 1/2" clearance for the driver. If you do it right you've got to worry about the rules for exiting your car in a certain amount of time.

In a caged car, usually you want a fixed back seat with a seat back mount going back to the harness bar and the bar placed right for the harness.

Then there is the same idea with a roll bar instead of a cage.

Then there is a huge gap in the effectiveness between a roll bar and the topic of this thread.

A well designed hoop with harness bar would fit in that gap and work for a lot of people who won't get a full roll bar. It just makes sense.

Siestarider

Motorstate (thanks again) reminded me to come back to this thread, Schroth is now residing in a bag beneath my rear seat delete. I could probably deploy it in less than 60 seconds if I tried.

Works very well with stock seats on track, you can make it as tight as you want without pain or discomfort. Best of both now, easy in and out DD, great lumbar adjustment in stock seats, and tight seating on track ready for deployment. Wonderful system.

OP
M
Thread Starter #23
I haven't got a chance to really use mine yet. I have a bracket race this weekend so I'm hoping to finally get some real use out of them.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Dang, I was going to order two sets of the QF Pro and one or two NecsGens but noticed some cracking on the sidewalls of the dually tires and will soon be pulling the heavy toyhauler again in the heat, had to buy 6 new expensive tires:(

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Has anyone had any problems installing the harness? I just picked up a used drivers side base model and cannot get the bolt in the car to fit in the hole of the harness mount. The threads fit, but the smooth shank is too big. I have a 2016 model, the seller had a 2015. I know the .pdf install guide states its for 2014 as latest, but the order drop downs just state G7.

Has anyone had any problems installing the harness? I just picked up a used drivers side base model and cannot get the bolt in the car to fit in the hole of the harness mount. The threads fit, but the smooth shank is too big. I have a 2016 model, the seller had a 2015. I know the .pdf install guide states its for 2014 as latest, but the order drop downs just state G7.
If I recall correctly from installing on my 2016, that’s normal, the flat part of the bolt doesn’t need to go through the hole in the buckle mount.