Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My new hood vents.

GAbOS

The Evo X hood was damn near perfect. The two front vents used to extract\pull heat from under the hood and the single intake near the rear of the hood fed cool air directl behind the engine to the turbo to help keep it cool. The plastic under tray also had vents to direct cool air to the transmission.

OP
W
Thread Starter #22
Thought those looked familiar. I had installed a set on my '15GT, but I had them hydrocoated with CF pattern and cleared first. Cleans up the appearance a lot.

View attachment 9105
Very nice looking car. The vents can be removed, I was going to live with them for awhile and see if I wanted to paint match them to the hood. Not sure that I want them CF because it matches the other plastic trim more than the CF would. I have the CF splitter though so I am not sure.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Looks great:)

If you want to increase the effectiveness a simple, carefully done to look good as in not stand out to much, little lip at the front of the first opening sticking up would help quite a bit in pulling more air out from under the hood.

----------

As for using NACA ducts, used for air flow to brake coolers or fluid coolers, air inlet to the intake, etc, I have never seen one used for under hood cooling on any real race car.

I love the oem look of these. Can you go into how you cut the hood and attached them?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have an RS style vented CF hood to install but these vents look like they might flow more air out.

And I think I might like the looks of these better:)

Can you please measure the opening width and height one one or more of the outlets so I can add it up?

Thanks,
Rick

OP
W
Thread Starter #26
I love the oem look of these. Can you go into how you cut the hood and attached them?
I will add some detailed under hood pics of how they are installed and fitted. I was going to install them myself. But honestly I decided it was too important for me to screw up on my first try at it, so I paid a shop with experience to install them for me.

OP
W
Thread Starter #27
I have an RS style vented CF hood to install but these vents look like they might flow more air out.

And I think I might like the looks of these better:)

Can you please measure the opening width and height one one or more of the outlets so I can add it up?

Thanks,
Rick
Yea I can get you some measurements, and as far as overall size... When I was trying to decide I just went to a ford dealer with a GT on the lot, take a pencil and paper and lay it over and trace around it and you have the template.

Only difference on the GTs is that they have an actual formed pressed in mounting flange for the vents. Now if you had a bead roller and could form a step down, those vents would look amazing.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That would be an exceptionally difficult task using a bead roller, almost easier to built dies and press instead but still a big task....would look great though:)

OP
W
Thread Starter #32
Only difference on the GTs is that they have an actual formed pressed in mounting flange for the vents. Now if you had a bead roller and could form a step down, those vents would look amazing.
The original plan was to weld up a mounting structure underneath and then actually drop them down flush. But after considering the cost of the fab and repaint it wasn't worth it because they have a beveled edge to them and looked good enough like this.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I think they look just fine as is, flushed would be nice but not worth the trouble in the least, I agree on how they are installed:)

OP
W
Thread Starter #35
Sorry for delay. Here is some under hood pics, pretty dirty it had just rained.
I may decide to modify them more and open up some more area in the under side plastic, but not sure yet, it does help keep rain from splashing everywhere.

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
They would be considerably more effective with the rain trays removed:)

They do fit nicely within the underhood structure.

I think they look great! How big is the hole in the hood? on the mustangs it looks like its only down at the front

Chuckable

About where do these vents sit with the hood closed in relation to the components underneath? Like RAAMaudio said, they'd be more effective with the rain trays removed. But I'm wondering where the rain would fall underhood?