Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Inexpensive Alternative Intake, the "joker96 intake"

Glad to see this pop up again! I may give this a shot. Anyone do before and after tests to see how much the intake temps rise?

How much is the intake temp gonna affect the charge temps with a good intercooler?

I really just want it for sound....always a ricer at heart....it'll go good with the boomba bov adapter lol

This set up is decently loud. Really amps up the stock blow off... So having a boomba blow off might be a bit crazy but I mean you have to feed the inner ricer.

KKaWing

Glad to see this pop up again! I may give this a shot. Anyone do before and after tests to see how much the intake temps rise?

How much is the intake temp gonna affect the charge temps with a good intercooler?

I really just want it for sound....always a ricer at heart....it'll go good with the boomba bov adapter lol
On a 35*C/95*F day, @ idle temperatures are around 50-60*C/122-140*F. Once you get going it would be around 42*C/108*F.

On a 35*C/95*F day, @ idle temperatures are around 50-60*C/122-140*F. Once you get going it would be around 42*C/108*F.
Doesn't seem to bad. It was upper 80s today and with the stock box I was climbing up over 130 in traffic . It drop to the low 100s on light throttle.

After going crazy looking at filter dimensions I settled on this one http://www.knfilters.com/mobile/mProduct.aspx?prod=RU-4450

Looks to be a little smaller than the one in the original post. Hope that will avoid the rubbing on the hood prop clip.

Now just waiting for everything to show up!

Should have a mtc intake hose coming too.

Anyone have issues with water splashing up? Debating if I need a filter cover or maybe the metal shield linked earlier in the thread.

For the life of me, I just don't get this. Save yourself a bunch of money and just drill a bunch of holes in the airbox. You'll get the same turbo noises and warm air for none of the cost.

For the life of me, I just don't get this. Save yourself a bunch of money and just drill a bunch of holes in the airbox. You'll get the same turbo noises and warm air for none of the cost.
Same kinda intake idea they sell for many other cars. I had this for my mazdaspeed and it was great http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/mazdaspeed3-sf-intake-system

It looks nice and if I want to stock out I don't have an air box that's full of holes. Under $100 for the adapter and filter...getting a new box is gonna cost more.

Got the maf adapter in the mail today. 5 minutes to swap over. If it's terrible and temps soar it's only 5 minutes to swap back.

Feels like it needs a bracket or at least a zip tie to keep it in place.

I know this kind of an old thread, but does anyone have this with a 2016? I am a poor student and wouldn't mind a budget intake.

DangerMouse

It will work fine on a 2016, since you are keeping the stock intake hose, you won't need to buy an adapter, this just replaces the air box.

OP
G
Thread Starter #32
Can also confirm, reinstalled it on my current 2016.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Has anyone ever made up a ducting/square hose option (from the factory shroud opening/duct) to all of these open element type intakes, to at least get some cooler air into the intake tract??

Has anyone ever made up a ducting/square hose option (from the factory shroud opening/duct) to all of these open element type intakes, to at least get some cooler air into the intake tract??
I’m keen on doing this.. taking it straight to the filter with aluminium flex hose

So I wanted to make something cheap for use in winter time and thought it would be easy to find that MAF adapter. I was wrong. Chinese eBay has some but not sure if the maf location/orientation works.

Being in Ford parts I discovered an inexpensive part used on early NA mk3 focus’. Was only $7 my cost number BV6Z-9B642-A and I used the cheap universal Spectre Autozone filter. Still need to fab up something to secure it (for now I’ll zip tie it thru the ears on the adapter to the stock airbox mounts.

IMG_2036.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk