Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal 595 RSR 205/45/16 $369.43 Shipped from Online Tires

How was the noise and ride on the street?
On smooth roads, they were great. But on the rougher roads, I would say that the noise levels were a little bit better than the OEM Potenza's. And when I say a little, I mean a little. I would probably bet they make the same road noise. But I prefer the Federal's to the Potenza's any day.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Just passing along the word, these tires are extreme performance tires in the same category as the RE71 or the Direzza SS2, etc, but for about half the price. My buddy uses them on his fist and it grips just as good if not a little better then my RE71Rs. My potenzas are still going strong but I can really notice the increased sliding and less overall grip as compared to when they were new. I decided to give these a try seeing as again, they are literally half the price of buying new RE71Rs.

https://www.onlinetires.com/search/...es/all_sizes/all_tires/all_speeds/page_1.html

SKU Description QTY Price Total Shipping
950K6AFE 595 RS-R RACING - 205/45-16 FEDERAL 595 RS-R RACING 83W BSW - FEDERAL 595 RS-R RACING 4 $74.90 $299.60 $69.83
I have the 595RSRs in that size and like them a lot so far. the only time I've been able to push them a little is through my favorite cloverleaf exit ramp, but I'm looking forward to some back road drives once I have some free time.

I saw a few bad reviews for onlinetires.com, so I ended up buying them through Ebay for $400 shipped - I figured if there was any issue. I could go through ebay and paypal to make sure they're resolved, but I had no isses.
I have federal 595 RSR's and LOVE THEM. Best performance tire for the price hands down.
I've been running the 215/40-17 RSR for about 1.5 years now, no complaints about road noise. It's slightly louder than the stock tires (which to me are pretty much silent) but especially with an exhaust I can't hear these tires at all. My buddy has a very different experience on his E92 with the RSR and the noise is more noticeable.
The RSR was great on track and didn't overheat on me like the stock tires did. For the price as a Summer tire I'd definitely buy it again, especially because in comes in FIST friendly sizing (17")

In the Fall of 2015 I dropped my car off at the dealership to address a transmission issue, unfortunately due to back order of parts this ended up taking > 2.5 months and I picked up my car about a week before Christmas (with the RSR's still on)
DO NOT leave these tires on in Winter conditions (unless you live in a pretty warm area of course), I'm in Vancouver and it only drops to about 0 degrees Celsius (32F) but they were still enough to crack these tires
All 4 tires now look like this and I'm not comfortable tracking on them any more

Trying the RE-71R which should be here next week. Online Tires is backordered on these (same situation in 2014 actually) and last time it took > 2 months but I didn't mind the wait since I didn't have my wheels yet

[MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION]

Hey fellas, any of you with the Fed 595RS-R please chime in..........

I've had these on the car for about 2,000 miles. I love love love them. However I've noticed at the last few fill-ups that that my mpg has dropped about 12%. I track it meticulously and it's consistently down about 40 miles per tank. My driving style hasn't changed, and the only new part on the car is the tires. They are inflated properly, my spark plugs are brand new, my oil is clean, my AF is clean, etc. So the only variable that's changed is the tires. I know from past experience that tires can affect MPG + or - so I'm wondering....

Have any of you noticed a drop in MPGs with these tires?

I appreciate it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Donuts which stick to the road like velcro are not exactly 'low rolling resistance' gas mileage helpers.

Different tire, with possibly a different compound, but my RS-RRs do cause a gas mileage nosedive when they are on, vs. the Pilot Sport AS/3s (also 215/40-17 vs. 205/40-17, so not exactly apples to apples there either, I guess).

I also tend to drive harder with the gumballs on the car in the summer, so that must be factored in as well. ;)

MPA

I noticed no real difference in gas mileage running the tires. I'd say my foot and running E30 caused more of a drop :D

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] Yes a little more fuel usage. A because I am more aggressive with these and they are stickier and (I assume) higher roll resistance(load rating of the tyre and such). But they run nicely. I would not worry about them. Funny my new Nokian Hakkapelitta R2 give me better fuel economy, which they claim in saying they have a very low roll resistance.

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] Yes a little more fuel usage. A because I am more aggressive with these and they are stickier and (I assume) higher roll resistance(load rating of the tyre and such). But they run nicely. I would not worry about them. Funny my new Nokian Hakkapelitta R2 give me better fuel economy, which they claim in saying they have a very low roll resistance.
Thanks that makes sense, plus the wider size is a factor.

How long did they last, how many miles?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks that makes sense, plus the wider size is a factor.

How long did they last, how many miles?
I put 12k miles on them. A lot of highway daily driving with some very spirited. I should get another season out of them. Unlike the Potenzas I switch them out quite early as I did not trust them in the cold nor did I want them to crack.

MPA

I got a little more than 15k out of my 1st set. Just DD and back road duty

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I get about 1.5 mpg better with Michelin XIce3's than the stock Potenzas.

DaveG99

I dont understand the noise issues with tires. I dont hear them over my exhaust, blow off valve, intake/filter, radio, etc!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I dont understand the noise issues with tires. I dont hear them over my exhaust, blow off valve, intake/filter, radio, etc!
It's easier to notice if you used a quieter tire before. I didn't realize how loud stock tires were either until I switched to a tire that was a lot quieter.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Under acceleration maybe, but with the mods I have, while cruising on the highway, the car is just about as quiet as stock. So tire noise is definitely important to me when I spend a good portion of time to and from work unfortunately... I miss the good days of a sub 10 minute commute [facepalm]

SST

found this great thread!

so if i get it right,

RS-RR is for track?
RS-R is streetable track tires?
Evo is trackable street tires?

what does the Evo compare to?
also, what are their tread wear number?
i only found RSR is listed as 220

currently i am on Pilot sport A/S3+ but haven't track or Autocross with it.