Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

6UL, 15x8, 11.4lb, fit my DIY 11.75" BBK, you can to if you wish I will make it happen

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
I have no answers to the questions on how they do things, maybe I can find out though.

One of the very first things I did was measure the hubs to see what bolt pattern they could be made to fit, 5x114.3 was not going to happen, 5x100 but not much I liked in wheels, I already knew about the Miata wheels so decided to go with 4x100 and like a few other parts on this car I am likely the first to do so.

Then I had to develop my own front and rear BBKs which was far more effort than expected.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I have no answers to the questions on how they do things, maybe I can find out though.

One of the very first things I did was measure the hubs to see what bolt pattern they could be made to fit, 5x114.3 was not going to happen, 5x100 but not much I liked in wheels, I already knew about the Miata wheels so decided to go with 4x100 and like a few other parts on this car I am likely the first to do so.

Then I had to develop my own front and rear BBKs which was far more effort than expected.
Hey Rick. I Pm'd you about 3 days ago and never heard back. Please check your PM when you have time.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Sorry about that, I will get right on it, I read it and forgot to finish responding.

------------

Finished and sent:)

------------

Old thread, but I am surprised not one pic of the wheels on the car. Got any to share, Rick?

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
Sorry, only on the car a couple of days, been stored since, I did post some pics on one of the threads somewhere on here though I do not recall which one.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
Highly unlikely the standard ST BBK will fit under the 15x8 TD, the 16x8 RPF1 does not even fit but it has a rather smaller inner barrel diameter but at least some other 16x8's will fit.

The TD might fit over the BBK I built but nobody makes it though I offered the design for free to two different companies:(

Would you be interested in releasing the cad design so we can have our own fabricators make the piece? I have someone local that can make these pieces if we have a cad file for him to reference.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
No CAD design, a one off hand fitted, have given the specs to one manf when I had them make a new set of mounts, will have to see if I can find them if interested let me know.

-----------

I have a rear set as well but those take considerable effort, modified knuckles at a bare minimum and lose the parking brake. To keep a parking brake find cable mounting tabs/actuators and flip the knuckles side to side of the car, mod the axle to fix the camber and toe which I increased camber to -1.9 and t toe to zero.....(helps keep the front to rear balance when adding more front camber, allows more clearance for wider wheels an tires with rolled fenders, actually improves the overall balance for more neutral handling at higher speeds which is optimal when looking to building up to really fast lap times)