Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RPM dropping

Hello, I have a 2015 ST and notice while driving on the highway in fifth gear my rpm will drop to about 1000 before springing back up doing about 65mph usually. Has anyone else had this issue or anything else like it? MODS if this is the wrong place sorry in advance
-Al

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Yes, I do. Sorry I forgot to mention. Im on the "stage 1" 91oct tune

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yes, I do. Sorry I forgot to mention. Im on the "stage 1" 91oct tune
A few other questions... Are you enabling/cancelling cruise control when this happens? Or touching nothing at all? Also, more for curiosity, why are you cruising 65 in 5th?

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Actually yes I am canceling cruise and it's six not fifth must be the sinking getting to my head. Maybe it's something to do with the tune?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yep ^^ It's the map switching "menu." Read up on your Accessport some more.

Are you saying it slows down to 21 mph (1000 rpm) and then speeds up again or just your tach drops to 1000 while maintaining 65 mph?

twolf

Keep in mind you must re-flash your tune after updating firmware.

OP
F
Thread Starter #13
Yep it sure it the map switching menu. It was only My tach and it happens at any speed in any gear when I push the cancel on the cruise. I was kinda worried but thanks to you guys I'm at ease about it. Thanks everyone:)

Ford Community Posts