Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Top Gear Drives Past and Present Fast Ford Fiestas

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Published - 26 Mar 2016

Ford hands us the keys to its collection of old Fiestas....

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/classic/tg-drives-fast-ford-fiestas#1

Everyone loves a fast Fiesta - including us. Everyone knows someone who’s owned one, or has owned one themselves. They’re fun for the everyman, and unbeatable value for money. Which is why when Ford asked us back down to its Heritage Centre - a (purposefully) nondescript shed in deepest Essex - to drive some old, fast Fiestas, we just about bit its hand off...

It’s all in honour of the ST200, the latest version of today’s ST, which from the factory has more than twice the power of the very first XR2s. Progress, huh? It’ll be a few months before we get a a go, but if (most of) the oldies are anything to go by, it’ll be an absolute riot...

TG Fiestas.jpg

Hi guys! I had the 1990s fiesta RS turbo.it was what I call a nippy car,but not a fast car the latest fiSt I have now is way better

Classic, this brings back fond memories for me when I was a lad in England 1st a mk 1 Mexico than a RS2000 then a XR2 a XR3i and finally a RS1600i before moving stateside. All great cars but I sure miss RS2000 and now worth a fortune and I sold it for 700 quid.