Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler piping worth it

I remember hearing of a handful (or more) of people that were having this issue with the Cobb pipe. I don't know if they've since changed that weld or not but it hasn't come up much at all recently. Cobb has some of the best customer service I've ever seen from a company and usually aren't even remotely hesitant to replace any defective parts.
Agreed. They have been very responsive to all of my inquiries and I'm pretty confident that they would take care of things if I broke my pipe. This defiantly has be wanted to look under the car though. Is this something that would be very noticeable given the pressure leak?

When mine broke the mounting tab snapped off and left the weld behind. Didn't effect the pipe at all, ran it without the tab for about 8 months with no issues.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
When mine broke the mounting tab snapped off and left the weld behind. Didn't effect the pipe at all, ran it without the tab for about 8 months with no issues.
^ This. The mounting tab is just welded onto the tube so it most likely would never be noticed without a visual inspection if it broke.

Thanks guys. The reason for my concern was one of MrMeatbags pics showed a hole in the pipe itself. Either way, hopefully these issues are not real common, but will definitely be checking it out.

im going with dhm race intercooler with mountune charge pipe upgrade kit. its gets really hot in miami fl and my car despise traffic [clap]

Perhaps I missed reading it, or not lol, but what does a hot-side charge pipe do for the vehicle, exactly? I heard that it's basically for better the turbo spool sound as the resonator donut is eliminated.

Thanks!

- JR

A7xogg

Perhaps I missed reading it, or not lol, but what does a hot-side charge pipe do for the vehicle, exactly? I heard that it's basically for better the turbo spool sound as the resonator donut is eliminated.

Thanks!

- JR
Yeah I got rid of that resonator doughnut. More building into boost noise and smother going into boost