Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kyle's Build Thread - STallone

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #21
Tear down for the DHM EFR turbo kit starts tonight! I'll update when I can.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #22
EFR kit is on, and running well. I just now have a Cam position sensor problem. guess I need to get a new one. once its good I will be able to get the tuning underway. I'll post pics of the install tonight.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #23
Everything is great on the EFR kit. Fully tuned now and I have run out of fuel with 329WHP and 300WTQ on 92oct. I will post the graph tonight.

in the meantime heres an exhaust video, a little smoke due to the oil supply fitting being the wrong one, I have the new one on order. For the short version the start to 2:30 and then 6:30 to the end are the best parts of the video.

[video=youtube;mWzQhfawLFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzQhfawLFA[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzQhfawLFA

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #26
can't see the video. says it's disabled by owner. check privacy settings [like]
I added the link below the video so if the video isn't working you should be able to click the link and watch it. Thanks for the heads up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nice blue flame over run near the end! [thumb]

That thing sounds PISSED OFF!! [cool]

Is that tip part of (welded onto) the Vibrant, like some of their mufflers have them, or did you put it on yourself?

IF mine ever gets an aftermarket turbo kit, it is going to be a big DHM setup, for as great and reliable as they may be, the hybrids just don't seem to be worth it (bother, percentage of their cost compared to a full BT kit, etc.) to me, especially if one gets and installs all of the necessary ancillary items/compressor wheel designs which greatly reduce the BT's tendency for turbo lag. [wink]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #28
Nice blue flame over run near the end! [thumb]

That thing sounds PISSED OFF!! [cool]

Is that tip part of (welded onto) the Vibrant, like some of their mufflers have them, or did you put it on yourself?

IF mine ever gets an aftermarket turbo kit, it is going to be a big DHM setup, for as great and reliable as they may be, the hybrids just don't seem to be worth it (bother, percentage of their cost compared to a full BT kit, etc.) to me, especially if one gets and installs all of the necessary ancillary items/compressor wheel designs which greatly reduce the BT's tendency for turbo lag. [wink]
Thanks! I like the Pissed off sound. Its much deeper in person, and a little louder than I was originally wanting, but after hearing it I just could not stand to change it.

The tip was from Red tail performance. It is not part of the vibrant resonator. But it is welded onto the exhaust right after the resonator. Because of the rooming the exhaust stream I had to put the magna pack right after the down pipe and the resonator at the back after the axle. which worked out perfectly. This exhaust is based off the MBRP. I took the muffler section out, Mandrel bent a 3" pipe with an v band connection on it to match up with my full 3" Vband Downpipe. put the magna pack muffler in that straight section used the rest of the mbrp, and where it bends right after the axle to go straight out the back I cut that off, put the vibrant resonator there, then straight 3" pipe with the tip on it. it extends a little further than I wanted it to, but thats simple to fix.

I do Highly suggest DHM products though. They have Amazing Quality parts.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #29
So I feel decently confident about the numbers as I have done both with and without my girlfriend in the car. I thought it was a fluke but i had a friend do the exact same thing. we even weighed the car for this. the only thing I could see that would fudge the numbers was if I spin. I did the smoothing 1-6 trick and both graphs/datalogs lost less than 10hp. this is on 92 octane. I am going to start the Race gas tune (100 or 110) here in the next week, then once that is squared away I will be adding Meth to both. :) super excited.

datalog 68 Vdyno.jpeg EFR VDyno Log 66.jpeg

Also I just got my new cheap Daily wheels in the mail! Flat Black XXR 527 17x7.5 +40 weighing in at 17.9lbs per my scale. and my neighbors scale. Yeah they are cheap wheels but if you have seen the roads in hawaii you would understand why cheap wheels are a good idea for daily. They will get mounted on Saturday!

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #30
Got the XXR 527s installed and finally got some decent pictures of them

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

How do you like the XXR's? I'm considering the same fitment in a different color and stock suspension. Any rubbing? Stock tires fit just fine?

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #35
How do you like the XXR's? I'm considering the same fitment in a different color and stock suspension. Any rubbing? Stock tires fit just fine?
I have absolutely no rubbing issues, and the stock tires fit perfectly. No reason to go any wider unless you like the look of a fat tire. but the stock bridgestone 205 works better on the 7.5" than the stock 7". clearance is only 1mm less on the inside and the rest is outward. Even lowered these wheels with the stock tires should have no rubbing issues. They really do sit perfectly for this car. I like the XXR's much better in person than the photos I have posted. From the difference in weight, 4.6lbs per corner lost, even though it is not a huge amount of weight loss you can really tell the difference in the feedback. In my opinion, its a great option for stock bolt pattern/and looks.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #37
Thank you very much. Going to order these tonight!
No problem! You will love them! I ordered mine from next level motoring, and I got the optional "installation kit" that comes with lug nuts of your color choice, hub centering rings, valve stems, and a lug nut wrench. it was only $30 so its worth it unless you have some already. What color choice are you going with?