Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kyle's Build Thread - STallone

No problem! You will love them! I ordered mine from next level motoring, and I got the optional "installation kit" that comes with lug nuts of your color choice, hub centering rings, valve stems, and a lug nut wrench. it was only $30 so its worth it unless you have some already. What color choice are you going with?
I just got the Chromium Black set, with red lug nuts. I too ordered from NL Motoring, spoke with Ryan on the phone and he advised the installation kit. Unfortunately I wasn't informed enough to get the metal hub centric rings and opted for the default polycarbonate ones. Will I regret that decision?

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #42
I just got the Chromium Black set, with red lug nuts. I too ordered from NL Motoring, spoke with Ryan on the phone and he advised the installation kit. Unfortunately I wasn't informed enough to get the metal hub centric rings and opted for the default polycarbonate ones. Will I regret that decision?
Not at all. They work perfectly fine for daily driving. If you do hard track days then you will want to upgrade eventually. but they are only like $20 for a new set. No need to worry about it.

Not at all. They work perfectly fine for daily driving. If you do hard track days then you will want to upgrade eventually. but they are only like $20 for a new set. No need to worry about it.
Very good to hear. I was sweating for a minute there! Thanks for the advice and help with my wheel purchase, everyone.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #44
A few exhaust revs of the new setup

[video=youtube;rqtFwPeHv8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqtFwPeHv8E[/video]

Sounds good and I like what you've done.

Was just in Hawaii, such a beautiful place but you are right, the roads can be pretty rough and not a lot of excitement either. Nonetheless, still gorgeous - good reason to get a 4x4 and adventure that way as well

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Hey! Sorry I don't want to clog the wheel Thread, thought I'd jump on here and continue with the response.

I hear what you're saying about getting personal with the car, that's exactly what's happened to me. That is why I've paid the crazy exhange that i have, just to have the car sit where I want it too.

Your plans sound amazing and I like the fact that you're willing to do things at one limit of X at a time. That makes it way more enjoyable and definitely makes for a crazy story with ones car.

Power levels: did I read this right? 8k redline? 440-450hp??
Ok I'm not anywhere near that or will gee want to be but my x37 on pump is fast enough, I'm almost scared to do my e30 tune. Can't even fathom a number starting with 4_x_x, that would be insanity. I do like your taste in wheel sizes. I come from G35/Rx8 ownership,so I'm used to big numbers and small offsets lol

Crazy hearing what's ahead for your build. ( wonder if they can mover those messages here, it is your build after all:)

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #47
Updates to the Car:

15x8 +36 6UL wheels 11.4lbs each w/ 205/50-15, 4x100 conversion.

Attachments

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #48
Hey! Sorry I don't want to clog the wheel Thread, thought I'd jump on here and continue with the response.

I hear what you're saying about getting personal with the car, that's exactly what's happened to me. That is why I've paid the crazy exhange that i have, just to have the car sit where I want it too.

Your plans sound amazing and I like the fact that you're willing to do things at one limit of X at a time. That makes it way more enjoyable and definitely makes for a crazy story with ones car.

Power levels: did I read this right? 8k redline? 440-450hp??
Ok I'm not anywhere near that or will gee want to be but my x37 on pump is fast enough, I'm almost scared to do my e30 tune. Can't even fathom a number starting with 4_x_x, that would be insanity. I do like your taste in wheel sizes. I come from G35/Rx8 ownership,so I'm used to big numbers and small offsets lol

Crazy hearing what's ahead for your build. ( wonder if they can mover those messages here, it is your build after all:)
I just spent the last hour trying to update the OP the way I wanted it but I couldn't get it to work just right. oh well. I'll do it another day when I have more time. but all the pictures are there.

I know what you mean, and I'm glad you brought it over here as I hadn't updated this in quite sometime. Trust me, I know how the exchange rate hurts, for me everything hurts in Shipping. it has to be flown in and most of the time the only choices are over night or 2 day express. so it's hard to get a decent shipping price living in Hawaii. But if it's what we like its what we do.

One main reason I am doing a little at a time is because it is also a learning experience with the car, this is the first car I have gone beyond bolt-ons with while doing everything minus the tuning all myself. and so far the most tasking was the 4x100 conversion. even the turbo kit was hard but it was pretty straight forward. the conversion is pretty straight forward as well, but man was it a tasking project, and tiring and tedious too.

As for my power level goals, you did read that correctly. haha. it is something still in the works. and I don't want to give away too much info but I am looking for a High revving motor so the power can be used for much longer. this will give me much more gear in Road courses when racing once I get back to the Mainland in a little over a year. My problem will be putting the power down but with the LSD and boost by gear I will be able to use the full benefits of the power. I will probably not see that 450whp until 3rd gear at least as I feel with 15x10 and boost by gear will limit 2nd gear around 300-350 but it more than enough to get me out of a turn and into 3rd quickly. It's a long build away. and it hasn't been reached just yet, but I know it will be reached before I get there. the motor build will start in April time frame 2017, probably not be done for a couple months and then the motor will need to be stored or shipped to hawaii. once the time comes available that I can install it, I will then need it to be tuned. so It may be this time next year before the car reaches that level. but it is always a possibility. The reason for the power goal? One to max out this turbo, and two. I want it to be as fast as my friends cammed Z06 that is running 599rwhp. granted I will need a rolling start but to even hold a small light to his car would be hilarious. he hates on it all the time. but he got beat by it a couple times in a road course before he got the cam and tune. so its time for me to get back on it. and catch back up.

I come from the Z/G world so I know what you mean about the wheels. haha

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you going to put some 225/45s (Rival Ses/RS3s) on those 6UL 15x8s for the street, when the 205/50 Direzzas wear out?
Will the 17s be sold?

I give you, and all of the other BIG powa people on here props and cudos for pushing the limits/boundaries so far, but as far as I'm concerned, 300 to the front wheels is too much for our configuration, even with a great LSD.

I also would NEVER put down one of these cars, no matter what I drove/raced, but IF I owned that Z06 (or ANY other great handling/powerful domestic nameplate ride), I would do whatever it takes to make SURE that I beat ANY/ALL actual import nameplates. [wink]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #50
Are you going to put some 225/45s (Rival Ses/RS3s) on those 6UL 15x8s for the street, when the 205/50 Direzzas wear out?
Will the 17s be sold?

I give you, and all of the other BIG powa people on here props and cudos for pushing the limits/boundaries so far, but as far as I'm concerned, 300 to the front wheels is too much for our configuration, even with a great LSD.

I also would NEVER put down one of these cars, no matter what I drove/raced, but IF I owned that Z06 (or ANY other great handling/powerful domestic nameplate ride), I would do whatever it takes to make SURE that I beat ANY/ALL actual import nameplates. [wink]
The 17s are already sold to a local ST member here in Hawaii. I will not be going with a 225 on these 8" wheels, there would be too much flex in the sidewall. 15x8 works great with the 205s not stretched at all. But I will be getting the RS3/R888/RE71/Rival S when these wear out or I just get tired of them. haha. once I get 15x10s I will step up the width but sticking with the 205s for now. Traction as of now is not an issue unless I'm in first.

Well the power is something that keeps growing and I may only ever make 400whp or only 350whp. who knows. but if I feel that whatever the max is, is too much I will have the tuner back it off some. But we will see when I get there.

Haha, he doesn't really put it down because he knows it's quick. but he always gives me crap because its a fiesta and I'm making it "fast" but he is a die hard Camaro/Mustang/Corvette guy so it doesn't bother me. I just like messing with his pride of the corvette being beat or at least put to the test by a fiesta.

Oh and do you consider the Fiesta an Import? haha, My friends and I call them a "wanna be ricer" because they are American 4cyl turbo. but its just an inside joke.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well, being a former "Camaro/Vette/Mustang guy" myself, I sort of get where he's coming from, but it would only really bother me IF it were one of the FWD Nippon/Korean nameplates (regardless of where they are screwed together) giving me a challenge, and NOT any of the domestic nameplated (AGAIN, regardless of where they are assembled) FWDs/'sport compacts' (Mopars, Fiesta/Focus STs/RSes, Cobalt SSes, etc.) giving me trouble.

Yes, technically our cars ARE 'imports', but they do still have that Blue Oval badge on them, a strong rally/race/performance heritage behind them, and are quite far from the jive JDM YO! ricer crowd, who most likely would REJECT/HATE ON them for the express reason of them having that domestic badge affixed to the hood and hatch. [wink]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #52
Haha, Everything you said is so true. we don't fit in anywhere... but I would say I would prefer it that way. because as it sits now and from what I have seen inside this community, this is a performance minded track/autocross/rally focused community. its nice coming from the import scene and not seeing the "DUB/HellaFlush/LoweredLife/and whatever else you can think of." It seems that 75% of the people here all can communicate by performance means in some way or another. Then the other side of the spectrum everyone knows this car is not destined for Retarded amounts of thousands of hp like the V8 crowd is now. so everyone here for the most part is pretty level headed and can see that 300 is a good solid number for performance and there is no REAL need to go further except for personal reasons.

Growing up in the camaro/mustang/corvette country I can completely see where you are coming from. I have just always liked turns more than straights. which is why I went import for the longest while. then stumbled on this cute little hidden jelly bean car known as the Fiesta ST. And to this day it is still my most liked and favorite car I have ever owned. with my current FRC C5 Corvette. but it isn't as fun to drive and solely a track car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also ALWAYS liked turns more than just straightaways, which is why I basically do not like drag racing, and liked making cars which most do not think can go around turns very well (like the F bodies and Mustang), sadly including most of their owners who ONLY drag race them, TURN VERY WELL to the point of SHOCKING the "yeah, but I'll get you in the twisties" import crews on winding roads!! [wink]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #54
More Photos of the new wheels and suspension setup. as well as my ULTIMATE DREAM CAR 1966 Ford GT40

DSC_0117.jpeg DSC_0123.jpeg DSC_0122.jpeg DSC_0121.jpeg DSC_0120.jpeg DSC_0119.jpeg DSC_0089.jpeg DSC_0090.jpeg DSC_0092.jpeg DSC_0091.jpeg DSC_0124.jpeg

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Looking good Kyle! How are those to clean? I'm thinking of getting a wheel with less spokes maybe, multi-spokes are a bitch to clean[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #56
Looking good Kyle! How are those to clean? I'm thinking of getting a wheel with less spokes maybe, multi-spokes are a bitch to clean[emoji38]

Thanks!! I can't wait to start doing actual cosmetic things. Haha. But I think it's about time to start dropping weight, and adding aero.

The wheels are annoying. But not terrible. The spokes are far enough apart that they are accessible. These are actually easier to clean than my old XXRs because the XXRs had a weird lip inside each spoke where these are flat. The more I have these on and see them every day, the more I like them and am happy with the decision of going to the 4x100. Just need my flares and race wheels now!

Ugh I said I was going to be done after this...

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Thanks!! I can't wait to start doing actual cosmetic things. Haha. But I think it's about time to start dropping weight, and adding aero.

The wheels are annoying. But not terrible. The spokes are far enough apart that they are accessible. These are actually easier to clean than my old XXRs because the XXRs had a weird lip inside each spoke where these are flat. The more I have these on and see them every day, the more I like them and am happy with the decision of going to the 4x100. Just need my flares and race wheels now!

Ugh I said I was going to be done after this...
Haha I said that so long ago as well but I think I need to honestly stop, with our low dollar and the government taxing us for bringing these parts over is so extreme.

I like your plans tho, I actually thought of buying the silver before I went red (last two cars were red[emoji51]). Flares would make that thing pop!! Living vicariously thru u[emoji23]

But on a serious note, I love what options we have now for this car and what people are doing from stage 3 to hybrids to guys like you with a rare kit and others pushing near 500hp[emoji15]. Cool to be a part of the first gen!

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #58
All my cars that I have ever really modified beyond bolt on has always been Silver. Idk why but it has just worked out that way. I turbo charged my silver 350z as well. Was a blast. Idk why but I love silver. It's just able to good with anything. I'm excited about the flares, may order them here after the holidays, along with the rest of the cosmetic things, and have them all installed at the same time from the shop here. Flares, spoiler lip, wrc vents, are all going to be molded into the car so it looks like it was meant to be that way.

And true, the options just keep coming to. I envy the people that are just starting their modifications, as they have far more options than I did when I started.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I like these cars in silver as well, and IF the silver and performance blue were available for the '16s, it would have been between those two colors for mine. ;)

Black wheels look especially great on silver as well. [thumb]

IF I had the coin, this car would definitely get a carbon WRC vented hood, as well as full-on WRC flares and aero, but there is much more it needs before that $15K+ project (with paint), and I would rather do all of that to a 3 door anyway. [:(]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #60
I like your choice as well though, the Magnetic looks awesome!

Haha, I don't think I would go that extreme, I just want to be able to run 15x10s without issue. I actually just ordered the spoiler extension. Looking at the flares now... I really need to stop shopping, haha