Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 fiesta st overheating

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The website says it works fine with DEX-COOL. It is working fine so far for me but I only put in a few ounces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Red Line must have since changed the formulation of the WW due to all of the LSx owners complaining about the gelling up of their product when used in Dex Cool in those engines.

So.. i am scheduled to take the car in on the 4th. The 8th will mark my 1 year anniversary with the car.

They arent providing me with a loaner and say the repair should take about a week. Does this sound right?

Im still under the 3 year/36k warranty, but didnt buy any additional protection plan. Doesnt that qualify me for a loaner covered?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
If it's going to take a week I would raise hell about a loaner. Escalate it up the ladder. Threaten to bring corporate into it.

So.. i am scheduled to take the car in on the 4th. The 8th will mark my 1 year anniversary with the car.

They arent providing me with a loaner and say the repair should take about a week. Does this sound right?

Im still under the 3 year/36k warranty, but didnt buy any additional protection plan. Doesnt that qualify me for a loaner covered?
Yes. They should provide a loaner for any warranty repair or extended diagnostic work. It will be reimbursed by Ford. There was a recent directive from Ford on this. Talk to the service manager and mention the communication from Ford in January 2018. If they can't recall it have them call Ford Customer Service.

What's the diagnosis?

Theyll diagnose there. There are other FiSTs i compete against of the same year that arent having this issue.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Our warranty does not promise a loaner car. That is up to the dealer, most do and some don't, you will have better luck talking reasonably with them than making hollow threats. "Corporate" cannot force them if they have none. After talking to the Service Manager and GM a call to Customer Care MIGHT help as each dealer has a "Customer Satisfaction" fund for special purposes. They had my dealer refund my $800 "Doc" fees from the fund so they could also use it for a cheap rental. Dealers only have so many loaners and some have none but offer "courtesy vans". Good luck....but I would think if they have one you should be able to get one.

Thank you! ^^ this was the response i was looking for. I don't want to be unreasonable, which is why i asked before getting negative.

koozy

3000 Post Club
IMHO, FORD if not the dealer should provide a loaner vehicle or financially compensate a rental car for RECALL work being done. There's a difference. As a customer you may have to point this out and not allow them to run you over.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The dealer refused to give me a loaner truck until I emailed the general manager and got him involved. this was on my 2018 F150 that they could not figure out where a certain howling noise was coming from under the dash. They had it for over a month trying to figure out what it was. At first they thought it was the windshield so they replaced that. Nope. Then they started taking apart the dash and replacing the HVAC components. Anyway, at first they did not give me a loaner truck but after the second week and they still could not give me a timeline on when I will get my truck back, I demanded a loaner truck. They still did not want to give me one so I got the general manager involved. there were lots of issues that he addressed including the loaner truck, but also the lack of communication from his service advisors. After that, they were calling me daily to give me updates. When I say I would go up the ladder, it is not a hollow threat. It may not be at the point where you should be making demands like that, but I definitely would not be a pushover. If they are quoting you over a week for warranty work they should be putting you in a rental or a loaner car. End of story.

Our warranty does not promise a loaner car. That is up to the dealer, most do and some don't, you will have better luck talking reasonably with them than making hollow threats. "Corporate" cannot force them if they have none. After talking to the Service Manager and GM a call to Customer Care MIGHT help as each dealer has a "Customer Satisfaction" fund for special purposes. They had my dealer refund my $800 "Doc" fees from the fund so they could also use it for a cheap rental. Dealers only have so many loaners and some have none but offer "courtesy vans". Good luck....but I would think if they have one you should be able to get one.
This is incorrect! You are correct that Corporate won't force them but I'm telling you that a note went out to all dealers in January stating that they will reimburse for the rental car. I have seen this with my own eyes and I'm trying to dig it up now. Being a pain in the ass is surely not the best way to handle it, but pointing the dealer to the right place to get you to where you want to be is perfectly fine. If I can get the doc, I'll post it here. But the short story is YES Ford will provide reimbursement for a loaner/rental. I am on my 6th week in my rental with the dealer paying and Ford reimbursing...

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
IMHO, FORD if not the dealer should provide a loaner vehicle or financially compensate a rental car for RECALL work being done. There's a difference. As a customer you may have to point this out and not allow them to run you over.
Have to complain to NHTSA....they make the recall rules. I am shopping for a dealer to give me a loaner when the replace my Sync system. Could be 3-5 days they say. I have 3 dealers in my area. One does not do loaners period. Two do if they have cars available. May have to work with Service writer to get it in when they have a car.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
As I stated they do not "have" to do it. See below. It is nice that they do have programs like the Customer Satisfaction program. I received $800 dollars from it from when they were not obligated to do so. My personal experience with Ford says the way to deal with it is reasonable conversation not as an adversary.

Quote from our warranty

"Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have."

As I stated they do not "have" to do it. See below. It is nice that they do have programs like the Customer Satisfaction program. I received $800 dollars from it from when they were not obligated to do so. My personal experience with Ford says the way to deal with it is reasonable conversation not as an adversary.

Quote from our warranty

"Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have."
That's all great...BUT, if the dealer refuses to provide a rental it is because the dealer is being the asshole or they're ignorant of what is available to them. The warranty certainly makes no obligation on the part of Ford, but Ford has decided to provide an avenue for the dealer to provide a positive experience for the customer which the dealer can choose to extend to you or not. If they do not, then don't give them your business because there is absolutely NO reason why they would not do this. It costs them nothing.

Does anyone have any additional detail about the coolant level sensor? Where is it fitted? Does it come up with a new engine alert or just trigger the wrench light? Thanks

zanethan

here's an actual Recall letter stating that a rental car would be provided.

That doesn't stay that a rental car WILL be provided. It states that dealers have been AUTHORIZED to provide one free of charge. There's a difference, the dealer can still refuse to provide a rental.

That doesn't stay that a rental car WILL be provided. It states that dealers have been AUTHORIZED to provide one free of charge. There's a difference, the dealer can still refuse to provide a rental.
This is the most absurd thing that keeps coming up. If your dealer refuses there are certainly repercussions as a licensed dealer of Ford products. The dealer does have rules they must follow to even purchase vehicles from Ford and sell them. They are not independent dealers in the sense that they can do whatever they want and still remain a Ford dealer. You will get a rental. Period. There are only three reasons a dealer would not get you a rental;
1. It's a real shitty dealer. Don't waste your time with them because they probably already have no good relationship with Ford.
2. They are ignorant of the corporate policy. So educate them.
3. The dealer or service manager doesn't give a crap about you. See #1.

There is NO reason the dealer has to deny this.