Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 fiesta st overheating

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Was that a common issues on the 14s
I don't know if it's a common issues, but I can only say that the original part number could not be pulled up at the dealership, leading me to believe its been replaced by a new part.

me32

1000 Post Club
I don't know if it's a common issues, but I can only say that the original part number could not be pulled up at the dealership, leading me to believe its been replaced by a new part.
Thanks ill keep an eye on mine. Havent notice any loss of coolant since the car was new.

I'll add mine to the list. Learned of the relay issue just yesterday and tested to see if the fan was operating...It never came on even with the AP showing a coolant temp of 230?.

Dib

Just had my first experience of overheating. sitting in the shade at the gas station waiting for my GF to get out of the bathroom, temps went up to 245. granted it was 115 in tucson last week. really wish I had the money to get the mishimoto stuff. I have them on my civic and, while a little loud, never has heating problems anymore.

cahillpaul

2016 ST overheating

2016 ST 12000 on the clock and it overheated. Towed to the dealer over a week ago. They were able to recreate the problem but not able to fix it. They tried several fixes on the advice of Ford engineers without any luck.
Ford are now looking into it further. Dealer said he is stumped. FYI the AC still runs when it overheats which i'm told is not normal.
Any advice would be helpful especially for the Ford engineers.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Mishimoto radiator. If they didn't figure it out during intial testing there's not much hope they will now.

2016 ST 12000 on the clock and it overheated. Towed to the dealer over a week ago. They were able to recreate the problem but not able to fix it. They tried several fixes on the advice of Ford engineers without any luck.
Ford are now looking into it further. Dealer said he is stumped. FYI the AC still runs when it overheats which i'm told is not normal.
Any advice would be helpful especially for the Ford engineers.
Damn, same issue is happening to mine. They emailed the Ford engineering department and are waiting to hear back. I have also already had the recall for the relay done, yet it is still having issues. I also only have about 12,500 miles on the clock. Hoping the figure it out soon.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mishimoto radiator. If they didn't figure it out during intial testing there's not much hope they will now.
Besides the above, and 2J racing's version, are there ANY others (C&R, Griffin, Fluidyne, Ron Davis, etc.) making good, all alloy, aftermarket drop-in radiators for these cars yet (if ever)??

We NEED some competition going on for this part!

I agree, it would be cool for Cobb, Mountune, what have you to create a Rad that would be 100% compatible with any of their upgrade kits. I am concerned with an aftermarket rad maybe interfering with any aftermarket intercoolers or other upgrades.

My 2016 overheated once today but didnt blow out any coolant. It was 117 today, a/c on of course, drive thru for lunch and hit a signal after I got my food. Temp warning light and chime all bars lit, ac seemed to still be working, but I shut it (a/c) off as soon as I realised what was happening. Found some shade raised the idle a tad, it went back to normal very quickly.Going in to dealer on Friday. Then I got another screw in one of my tires for the fifth time in less than a year. Fun day.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
My 2016 overheated once today but didnt blow out any coolant. It was 117 today, a/c on of course, drive thru for lunch and hit a signal after I got my food. Temp warning light and chime all bars lit, ac seemed to still be working, but I shut it (a/c) off as soon as I realised what was happening. Found some shade raised the idle a tad, it went back to normal very quickly.Going in to dealer on Friday. Then I got another screw in one of my tires for the fifth time in less than a year. Fun day.
I've been reading about 2016s overheating, mine included. I'll be posting about soon. As of right now it looks like internal failure in the radiator

There's a recall defect notice in Australia due to " localised overheating of the engine cylinder head, due to a lack of coolant circulation, may cause the cylinder head to crack, causing an oil leak" for Certain 1.6L EcoBoost Fiesta ST vehicles built from March 26, 2013 through November 11, 2014. These are EU built cars but same engine as US.

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/re...-limited-ford-16l-ecoboost-kuga-and-fiesta-st

UPDATE
6/27/17 Dealer still has my ST. They called and said they still dont know whats wrong with it. Waiting for FORD tech support. (Oh Boy). Not even one year old. Stock tires et al. Im a grandfather for cryin out loud. Full synthetic 5 oil changes in 18 k miles. Tire pressures checked 2 x weekly. And I keep a cover on it at home and at work. With a windshield shade. Carnuba wax monthly.
I cant take better care of her unless I parked it inside my house, and never drove it.
I guess it wouldnt overheat if I did.
HELP ME FOMOCO!!!!!

jayrod1980

The dealer won't find anything... the car just has insufficient cooling for spirited driving or desert heat. I almost overheated yesterday driving around in the mid day sun. It was 112F and I had to turn the AC off to hold the temps down until I reached the freeway.

Unless Ford made a special replacement radiator and a real oil cooler, the aftermarket is the only solution. I'm saving for a Misihimoti radiator and would try their oil cooler, but I have th DHM crash bar and they didn't offer a welded mount point for the oil cooler until well after I installed mine.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
UPDATE
6/27/17 Dealer still has my ST. They called and said they still dont know whats wrong with it. Waiting for FORD tech support. (Oh Boy). Not even one year old. Stock tires et al. Im a grandfather for cryin out loud. Full synthetic 5 oil changes in 18 k miles. Tire pressures checked 2 x weekly. And I keep a cover on it at home and at work. With a windshield shade. Carnuba wax monthly.
I cant take better care of her unless I parked it inside my house, and never drove it.
HELP ME FOMOCO!!!!!
Exact experience I had. They didn't know what was wrong, and were waiting to hear back. When they got back to me, they said it was internal failure in the radiator. They replaced my radiator. Keep us updated please.

I have the recall relay in mine. But driving to California the car hit 244.4f (118c) twice. Going to mountune tomorrow to get their radiator installed

UPDATE
HELP ME FOMOCO!!!!!
I'm in the exact same boat. Overheated going about 30 on the freeway when it was 120 here in Phoenix. Seems like it's just too much heat for the little car. The dealer has had it for one week now and they still don't know what caused the overheat.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=2065]jayrod1980[/MENTION] [MENTION=4960]eglove[/MENTION] [MENTION=8007]Danzofist[/MENTION]
It took a lot for mine to overheat too, but even though it took a lot, the radiator was bad. Are your FiSTs 2016s? I'm thinking it's possible that they may have had a bad batch of radiators

jayrod1980

Really? Is there a recall on radiators? Yes mine is a 2016 anyway. Dealer wouldn't be able to do anything for me though... I have a massive DHM intercooler in mine. I bet they would dismiss it as due to the bigger intercooler.

Mountune has a better intercooler? Another question... how could the radiator just go bad? Especially in a 2 year old or less car?