Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 fiesta st overheating

Jesus...this thread lol. Just gunna doa nother mountune plug. After getting the mountune rad in it's made a world of difference. Definitely worth it if you don't wanna deal with warranty trying to get a new ford rad

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=5744]thePete[/MENTION] - I had perused https://owner.ford.com/ some time ago on my '16 and saw the fan relay recall via VIN. I replaced it out of pocket, never giving any information to a Service Manager or setting an appointment. Saw it still there, more than a month. Now it's gone. Any idea why? Just curious. Thanks.

As previously stated. Sometimes they pull TSBs after they think all the effected vehicles have been repaired, or at least that's what we've been told. I've seen it before on other vehicles, and I can't find this one in oasis anymore either. The service info typically gets updated to reflect the new info as well, so the tsb is no longer relevant.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

There is a recall for the high speed fan relay, so you may have an issue. My fan comes on after a certain temp whether ac is on or not. Also it's been over 30*C here for over a month and we have mountains. My ac is on 98% of the time.

The stock shroud is well designed, that's why it works well. Your fan should come on without the ac though.

Not sure if you caught this before but I turned the A/C off and held the throttle at a steady 2,500 while parked. Hit 219 (104 Celsius) and the fan never kicked on.

Do we know at what temp the fan should come on?

tia

Intuit

3000 Post Club
As previously stated. Sometimes they pull TSBs after they think all the effected vehicles have been repaired, or at least that's what we've been told. I've seen it before on other vehicles, and I can't find this one in oasis anymore either. The service info typically gets updated to reflect the new info as well, so the tsb is no longer relevant.

Yeah I read it and thought you might have some other speculation given that per their knowledge, it was never specifically replaced in my vehicle; yet it seems to have been pulled form the list. I suppose it's possible they may have cross-referenced some part-purchase database to associate the part purchase with the vehicle owner, but given the possible uncertainty of actual installation, companies don't usually do that.

From what I gathered on your comments, the radiator is the last thing mechanics replace once everything else has been verified functional; regardless of the vehicle. Were there any bulletins or otherwise in there, specific to the Fiesta ST and it's radiator? Maybe you commented on that already. Thanks.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Hey thanks a bunch koozy!

So with 90 ambient and 215 water temp the fan only runs at 15%?

Now I'm wonder if it is indeed coming on but I can't feel / hear it since it's only at 15%.

Thanks again! [cheers]
If you're car is completely stock with no tune I would agree with your assessment. Notice how Cobb significantly ramps up use of the fan with their tunes.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There will be a lot of people coming to this thread for having overheating issues to read what? Us at each other's throats over a technicality. It's ironic to think if we met at an ST meet we'd probably all be buddies, and get along really well with one another, but instead here we are fighting.

Let's move on, and try to treat each other better.
+1!

Example; I am SURE that there were at least some at the last area ST get together I attended who not just simply disagree with me on certain issues/worldviews (like; trade, import nameplate aversion, etc.), but actually DESPISE those views/opinions, yet we ALL got along, and enjoyed the comradery of owning this great little performance car. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey thanks a bunch koozy!

So with 90 ambient and 215 water temp the fan only runs at 15%?

Now I'm wonder if it is indeed coming on but I can't feel / hear it since it's only at 15%.

Thanks again! [cheers]

Yes, THANK YOU for posting that! [twothumb]

When I finally get an E30 tune done, I will have either Alex @Strat, or Dizzy Tuning lower those 100% DC fan turn-on points. ;)

jayrod1980

The problem isn't opposing world views. It's people posting just to troll. If you don't have the problem and you've nothing constructive to post then just don't post. People with overheating cars are likely to be passionate about it. You (anyone) come off as a douche when you have to put your two cents to something with zero connection to it.

Arguing about semantics and word usage when people are looking for solutions to this issue do nothing but piss people off.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Looks like his posts got deleted. He needs to delete himself too...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like his posts got deleted. He needs to delete himself too...

Who was this directed at this time, mouthpiece? Everywhere I look on here, you're chirping with nothing of substance to add. You need a slap in the mouth.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
So I decided to flush and refill with a 70/30 ratio but I lost the bleeder cap [8] does anyone know how to get a replacement? It looks just like a tire valve stem cap but the plastic seems thicker I don't wanna throw a tire cap on there and melt or blow off halfway on my way to work.

jayrod1980

So I decided to flush and refill with a 70/30 ratio but I lost the bleeder cap [8] does anyone know how to get a replacement? It looks just like a tire valve stem cap but the plastic seems thicker I don't wanna throw a tire cap on there and melt or blow off halfway on my way to work.
Google this part number... I bought mine from Tasca but there's a number of online part sellers. This is the valve and assembly.
C1BZ-8C362-A
Radiator Plug, RIGHT
$3.17
$3.17

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Who was this directed at this time, mouthpiece? Everywhere I look on here, you're chirping with nothing of substance to add. You need a slap in the mouth.

Lmao

This has been my daily norm for a while. I feel as though the coolant is not doing it's job or the thermostat is getting stuck. My car just heats up until it hit about 225 and plateaus for a while and when driving daily it will sometimes peak at 240. Anyone know if the spring inside the thermostat is made from and what it's rating is. Also I've seen some debri floating in the header tank that looks metallic, I'm not sure where they came from.

I'm about to do the mountune rad and hoses and use the mishimoto super chill liquid and I'm also going to change the thermostat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts