Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 fiesta st overheating

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Really crappy on Ford that an event that causes you to go into limp mode doesn't cause any freeze frame data or register some DTC.

Really crappy on Ford that an event that causes you to go into limp mode doesn't cause any freeze frame data or register some DTC.
This time I had the overheat alarm go off, previous times it just went into limp mode. First time it happened I was like WTF am I slowing down for. On the video I just missed it by a few seconds for the warring light as someone cut me off to get to an exit. I showed the dealer the video but had to explain the service counter guy what he was looking at. I might try the dealer where I bought the car but they're about 30 min away and this dealer was only just 5 min away. The thing is the city I was in gets super hot during the summer up to 40C+ so if I lived there, there would be no way for me to drive the car around because of the hills or even attempt to use the AC.

No a generic code reader won't pick it up. It shows as a history code on the Ford scanner. Access port won't pick it up but the id's does.

I tripped mine on the way to Princeton, scanned it at work a week later and it was there as a history code. If the coolant temp light came on with the beep, it will have set the code.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

No a generic code reader won't pick it up. It shows as a history code on the Ford scanner. Access port won't pick it up but the id's does.

I tripped mine on the way to Princeton, scanned it at work a week later and it was there as a history code. If the coolant temp light came on with the beep, it will have set the code.

Yah there was a Ding and the red light came on for about 3 seconds followed by panic and hit the brakes, slowed down to about 50-60 just past Canadian Tire in Aberdeen and limped to the Petro Can to get gas. Maybe I'll try Coastal where I bought it as I had to show Mainland how the display wasn't functioning properly when they said their tech tested it out and worked 100%, which is BS as I took the service counter guy and showed told him "How did your tech test this when it does this..." He was like oh...

Try Key West? We're closer. Maybe try getting it to overheat before you bring it back to a dealership, just in case they cleared the code when they had it in? Pm me. I might be able to help you.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Well that got no where. I guess if they don't see it themselves nothing is wrong and apparently the overheat alarm didn't trigger any codes. I got .....................
Why is that guy weaving all over the road... wait... [pulls beside vehicle...] that guy is trying to record something on his cell phone!

[nosy driver whips out cell phone to try record the other driver on cell phone...]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It must be exhausting worrying about everything and everyone that does not affect you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why is that guy weaving all over the road... wait... [pulls beside vehicle...] that guy is trying to record something on his cell phone!

[nosy driver whips out cell phone to try record the other driver on cell phone...]
[video=youtube;T_cmvgyY-Rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_cmvgyY-Rw[/video]

I figured it was something like that, but was just razzing you. ;)
I dropped off my FIST at the dealer and said goodbye in December.
LemonLaw.
Goodbye FORD.
Car was under a year old and sat at the dealer for more than 30 days waiting for a radiator..
The RS and pretty much most EcoBoosts are piles.
Sad. I bought a FJ Cruiser. Used. No touchscreen nuthing. But awesome tunes, four wheel drive, and indestructability.
OUT.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
LemonLaw.
Goodbye FORD.
Car was under a year old and sat at the dealer for more than 30 days waiting for a radiator..
Sad. I bought a FJ Cruiser. Used. No touchscreen nuthing. But awesome tunes, four wheel drive, and indestructability.
OUT.
So a delivery problem on a radiator makes RS and Ecoboosts "piles"? Amazing! Good luck, see ya!

dmb

not all cars can be perfect. be glad they took it back. your lucky ford does this. freightliner trucks will not buy back their LNG trucks the day after you buy one. because they are junk from the factory. they won't even take a trade in 1 day old. so be happy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
LemonLaw.
Goodbye FORD.
OUT.
Did you quote the wrong post/person above, since that reply post of mine YOU quoted was to MoxBoost about something TOTALLY different than YOUR woes about this car? [???:)]

Anyway, yes, good luck with your TOY.
I would rather crawl through broken glass anywhere I had to go than drive anything from the Nippon Juggernaut, NO MATTER HOW supposedly; "perfect, infallible, indestructible, bulletproof, and impeccably engineered" <- [histerical] they are thought to be by the masses! ;)
(AS IF there was NEVER a Toy, Honduh, or Datsun lemon-lawed EVER/ANYWHERE. LOFL)

BTW; (unless you plan on going off-roading on a regular basis) WHY do you need (or even WANT the weight and mileage/maintenance penalties of) AWD in SoCal?!?!?

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
LemonLaw.
Goodbye FORD.
OUT.
Good luck with the new vehicle Alanbolt.
Had to look that one up.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fj+cruiser&FORM=HDRSC2
Couldn't be more different from your prior vehicle. [:D]

Curious why it took so long to get a new radiator. Guess demand for replacements exceeded supply? Did someone there get their feathers ruffled? Either way, I can understand the frustration. Sure there's more to the story to explain the delay. I would've told'em to put the original back in and replaced it myself, vowing to look give GM a try when it came time for the current vehicle. Reaching out to Ford Customer Service should've sped-up the replacement since the level/quality of service between dealerships can be extremely different.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
LemonLaw.
Goodbye FORD.
OUT.
Except for the Takata Airbags that are on intergalactic recall. Good call...Every manufacturer has issues at some point in time. Look at Volkswagen and Audi with diesel gate. Good luck with that pile of flaming wonder!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Can anyone take a look at the PN currently on their radiator? It’s on the side of the radiator towards the passenger side or on top but I believe it’s covered when installed. My current one is C1BY-8005-A and when I look it up it shows me C1BZ-8005-A on Fords websites.