Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 fiesta st overheating

The last time I had it at the dealer (for the free alignment check they offer), they looked up ANY recalls/TSBs/SSMs/etc., and they could not find ANY at all for my car and it's VIN.[:)]
Then none apply to your vehicle. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

It's also worth mentioning that just because your vehicle falls outside the recall notice, or TSB, doesn't mean that you don't have the same problem. My only point with bringing it up in the first place is that there was a known issue with the HS fan relay on some 16 ST's that generated the symptoms he was describing, and may be relevant for diagnostics.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I guess what I we are trying to find out is why if you had a recall we don't have any notifications of it and the NHTSA site says none. Seems normal to me. It does list one complaint of overheating in an ST. So when someone says there is a recall on my car I want to know.....so do others! I thought you had some insight to the situation.....apparently not. What you are refering to is NOT a "recall"...... Customer Satisfaction Program 16B11. Recalls are handled through NHTSA and are typically safety issues, so your terminology is what the confusion is. A recall is serious but Customer Satisfaction Programs are typically minor issues. Get your panties out of a wad. It is a good day, we both learned something!

I guess what I we are trying to find out is why if you had a recall we don't have any notifications of it and the NHTSA site says none. Seems normal to me. It does list one complaint of overheating in an ST. So when someone says there is a recall on my car I want to know.....so do others! I thought you had some insight to the situation.....apparently not. What you are refering to is NOT a "recall"...... Customer Satisfaction Program 16B11. Recalls are handled through NHTSA and are typically safety issues, so your terminology is what the confusion is. A recall is serious but Customer Satisfaction Programs are typically minor issues. Get your panties out of a wad. It is a good day, we both learned something!
Its a tsb, not a recall. Either way, go fuck yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Poor Pete. He gets upset when we don't address him as sir, or when people don't believe him. In fact, nobody gives a fuck what you have to say Pete.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Poor Pete. He gets upset when we don't address him as sir, or when people don't believe him. In fact, nobody gives a fuck what you have to say Pete.

+1 on that..........................

jayrod1980

Wow, the dude is trying to help people out and you are pissing on him. Pull your fan relay and look at the connection. I've already switched that one out... the replacement relay is much larger. Mine had black burn-like marks around the connectors. If that relay craps out, you could have real engine damage. Congratulations on not finding any NHTSA recalls... if you ignore the TSB's, depending on your VIN, you could have a non-functioning heater, engine damage caused by overheating, etc. Those are just two of the TSB's that were out on my car. Most car companies now, once they receive enough complaints, release bulletins and recalls prior to the NHTSA getting involved.

thePete, given I don't have a jack or lift with the 18 or so inches of clearance necessary to pull the radiator out from the bottom of the car, do you know what parts are listed to be removed in order to get the shroud and radiator out the top? I can obviously see that the cold side intercooler charge pipe, the air box, and perhaps the headlights all need to come out... which is simple. However, gap is pretty narrow between the shroud/fan assembly and the engine. It seems once disconnected that you would have to shift the parts toward the fender before lifting out in order to clear the oil filter and the engine block. Does your service manual list anything concerning that?

koozy

3000 Post Club
do you know what parts are listed to be removed in order to get the shroud and radiator out the top? I can obviously see that the cold side intercooler charge pipe, the air box, and perhaps the headlights all need to come out... which is simple. However, gap is pretty narrow between the shroud/fan assembly and the engine. It seems once disconnected that you would have to shift the parts toward the fender before lifting out in order to clear the oil filter and the engine block. Does your service manual list anything concerning that?
here you go...

Attachments

koozy

3000 Post Club
Keep it coming Koozy! I'm aware of those steps... it's just hard visualizing getting anything out the top of the engine.
I did my Mishi radiator when I did the DHM Race IC and crash bar, but thinking back I don't see why you couldn't do it without having to remove the whole front end. the factory manual states nothing of the sort, but it also doesn't state whether to remove from top or bottom. You'll find out soon enough and let us all know!

jayrod1980

Thank you for all of the pictures. Weird though because we don't have a skid plate under our cars. I already did the DHM install too... I'd like to not repeat it.. though it would be good to polish the IC after about 27,000 miles. So far your service manual lists everything I was planning to remove. It seem it might be right, but the shroud might be pretty easy.

Once the shroud is off and the IC cold side pipe off, it looks like you can simply tilt the radiator backward and lift it out of the pegs at the bottom. Of course I'll have to be careful to not snag on the condenser line while doing so.

Do you think it's safe to get some foam tape to keep the radiator and condenser from rattling? Did you experience it at all with the mishi intercooler? The mishi is really thick so it might not have that issue. I know a lot of people have issues with the bleeder on the mishi radiator leaking, but I so much like the press down to bleed valve better than the crappy little thumb screw I'll have to reuse on the mountune. When bleeding the stock one last time I had the lovely experience of 130F water spray all over my fingers while trying to close it off.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Do you think it's safe to get some foam tape to keep the radiator and condenser from rattling? Did you experience it at all with the mishi intercooler? The mishi is really thick so it might not have that issue. I know a lot of people have issues with the bleeder on the mishi radiator leaking, but I so much like the press down to bleed valve better than the crappy little thumb screw I'll have to reuse on the mountune. When bleeding the stock one last time I had the lovely experience of 130F water spray all over my fingers while trying to close it off.
The bleeder on the Mishimoto Radiator is a non issue IMO. The issue is they used teflon tape on the bleeder thread and this tape can get lodged in the bleeder valve causing it to leak, simply remove the tape from the bleeder problem fixed.

To remove or install the stock or factory direct fit radiator like Mountune's I think it can be done without having to remove the front end. However for something big like the Mishimoto because it's heavy, thick and has to have the fan shroud assembly installed on to the radiator prior to going on the car I think the extra space from removing the front end helps a lot and necessary for the Mishi Rad.

The noise issue can also manifest with the Mishi radiator. The issue is the new radiators are all aluminum and so are the mounting "fingers" used to hold the radiator to the ac condenser, which is also aluminum. Foam tape may help, but may not withstand repeated heat cycles from the radiator and isn't needed IMO. Simply spread the "fingers" on the new radiator in such a way that it fits on the ac condenser snug and not rattle against one another. You may have to install and remove the new radiator a few times to get it right until it doesn't rattle anymore. Not hard just tedious. You'll figure it out once you're there.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Wow, the dude is trying to help people out and you are pissing on him. Pull your fan relay and look at the connection. I've already switched that one out... the replacement relay is much larger. Mine had black burn-like marks around the connectors. If that relay craps out, you could have real engine damage. Congratulations on not finding any NHTSA recalls... if you ignore the TSB's, depending on your VIN, you could have a non-functioning heater, engine damage caused by overheating, etc. Those are just two of the TSB's that were out on my car. Most car companies now, once they receive enough complaints, release bulletins and recalls prior to the NHTSA getting involved.

thePete, given I don't have a jack or lift with the 18 or so inches of clearance necessary to pull the radiator out from the bottom of the car, do you know what parts are listed to be removed in order to get the shroud and radiator out the top? I can obviously see that the cold side intercooler charge pipe, the air box, and perhaps the headlights all need to come out... which is simple. However, gap is pretty narrow between the shroud/fan assembly and the engine. It seems once disconnected that you would have to shift the parts toward the fender before lifting out in order to clear the oil filter and the engine block. Does your service manual list anything concerning that?
Well this makes two people that do not know what a recall or Customer Satisfaction Programs are. Neither can understand a recall is serious and want to make stuff up like "most car companies" do not follow federal laws? You both need to dump "recall" from your vocabularies until you learn the difference but that would mean like him you also would have to actually read the link he posted. Or just call everything a "recall" and continue to show your ignorance.

Well this makes two people that do not know what a recall or Customer Satisfaction Programs are. Neither can understand a recall is serious and want to make stuff up like "most car companies" do not follow federal laws? You both need to dump "recall" from your vocabularies until you learn the difference but that would mean like him you also would have to actually read the link he posted. Or just call everything a "recall" and continue to show your ignorance.
Here's the thing. No one gives a f**k what you think. This entire forum is a prime example of "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing".

I do this for a living. I work at a Ford dealership and have been reading dealership literature for over a decade. You're an over-eager enthusiast with a little bit of knowledge and way too much free time. I fix cars for a living. This was written in my OASIS, by the previous technician as "Recall 16E11". It was done at 20Km, which indicates it was done on the PDI. Which means it was preventative. We do any and all relavent TSBs, and Recalls that come up when performing a PDI. I did not do the work. It was done by a different technician, at a different dealership. I have not done this particular TSB on any ST, or I would have known which it was. It has since been pulled from our TSB database, which is why I had to go online and link it externally. Once again, pull your lip over your head and swallow.
I am aware of the difference between a SAFETY RECALL, a TSB, and an SSM. I use them every day. It seems there are more than enough people willing to abuse their employee privilages to help you guys out, I think I'm done extending myself. I know how to fix my own car, and I have access to any information I need. Clearly you are a big boy and can do your own research. So please, by all means, continue to struggle with your overheating issues. I'll just fix mine quietly and carry on with my day. No skin off my nose. It's just less time I have to waste on here while I'm at work.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
All I read was "blah blah blah I'm a douchebag." You may know what you're talking about but you're an arrogant asshat and we couldn't care less what you have to say.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
There will be a lot of people coming to this thread for having overheating issues to read what? Us at each other's throats over a technicality. It's ironic to think if we met at an ST meet we'd probably all be buddies, and get along really well with one another, but instead here we are fighting.

Let's move on, and try to treat each other better.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Here's the thing. No one gives a f**k what you think. This entire forum is a prime example of "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing".

I do this for a living. I work at a Ford dealership and have been reading dealership literature for over a decade. You're an over-eager enthusiast with a little bit of knowledge and way too much free time. I fix cars for a living. This was written in my OASIS, by the previous technician as "Recall 16E11". It was done at 20Km, which indicates it was done on the PDI. Which means it was preventative. We do any and all relavent TSBs, and Recalls that come up when performing a PDI. I did not do the work. It was done by a different technician, at a different dealership. I have not done this particular TSB on any ST, or I would have known which it was. It has since been pulled from our TSB database, which is why I had to go online and link it externally. Once again, pull your lip over your head and swallow.
I am aware of the difference between a SAFETY RECALL, a TSB, and an SSM. I use them every day. It seems there are more than enough people willing to abuse their employee privilages to help you guys out, I think I'm done extending myself. I know how to fix my own car, and I have access to any information I need. Clearly you are a big boy and can do your own research. So please, by all means, continue to struggle with your overheating issues. I'll just fix mine quietly and carry on with my day. No skin off my nose. It's just less time I have to waste on here while I'm at work.
I have no overheating issue. I am simply trying to keep informed. You claim to work for Ford.......but you don't understand why when you say a "recall" (a serious safety issue handled through the U.S. NHTSA) has been issued on our cars you cause people to worry about why they have not been notified. And checking the NHTSA web site we find there is NO recall. So when informed your info is not correct you go nuts! When you get your head out of your butt and put the broom down at work, get someone there to explain a "Recall" and a "Customer Satisfaction Program", with all the expertise you claim your should know that already. One is a big deal and one is not!

Well that went down hill...

I had serious overheating issues the last time I was on track (blowing hot air into the cabin and still hitting limp mode) and have since had a Mishi Rad & Oil Cooler installed. So far I've seen coolant temps hovering around 200 F (like others have reported) since the install. I'll be at Watkins Glen this weekend ([clap]) and will report how I make out there.