Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

installed drop coil and something is WRONG

Hey rastok! Finally have you reverify your springs to look if they move to their original place? Did you rub again after having push the strut to the outside while tightening the bolts? Let me know bcse I'll probably get every top end loose and do the same before to remove my car from car stands!

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #42
No rubbing anymore. I did not recheck the coil we really has shitty weather the last week. Will
Do and let you know.

Hey rastok!
Bad news for me... got the same problem than you...springs are rubbing against the strut tower... I ear it loud when turning the steering wheel...

Have you take a look to your spring to see if he's moving back to his original position? I might have to go the same way as you by turning the spring 90° to avoid him rubbing but just want to make sure it work well before to go this way!

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #45
Yeah, I installed wheel spacers yesterday and I checked the springs and nothing has moved not even half a millimeter. This included about 1500 km driving, a track afternoon, 3 quarter mile drag, a good burnout and prolly 1000 good potholes.

No rubbing. No movement, problem solved.

OP
rastok
Thread Starter #46
I'll post pictures of the spacer on my build tread when I have a chance to wash the car and take good pictures

A7xogg

I just installed vogtland springs and im having the same exact issue, spring is rubbing on the inside of the strut tower. though i am thinking i need to pull the strut toward the outside of the car when tightening down those 3 top mount bolts. if that dont fix it i may try swapping the springs from side to side

I have these springs installed and do not have any rubbing issues but the coil is very very close to the shock tower like 1mm if that no rubbing tho.

A7xogg

So idk if anyone else can chime in but I fixed my issue by flipping the spring the other day. Idk if they printed the lettering backwards in it or what but issue fixed and I'm very happy with results. On other cars I have lowered I've had to flip the springs upside down to get them to fit. Will be making my own review whenever I get some good pics of it

Installed a set of vogtlands last week and I'm having the same issue. The springs are rubbing the strut tower.

I brought it to my front end guy thinking that perhaps I had the top mount clocked wrong but it doesn't seem to matter how it's clocked, they still rub. Finally I just told him to put it all back together and I'll deal with it later.

I too have the front springs marked 958096, the kit I purchased is a 953113. According to vogtland they are correct, and they do fit, they just make a hell of a lot of noise.

I'm just about ready to shitcan these springs and order a B14 kit like I put on the honda. [rant]

I ordered the B14 kit from tire rack today, wish I would have just bit the bullet and went with them initially. I tried to get out cheap and it cost me an extra $200. So it goes.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Hey guys.. same deal and issues with Vogtland springs. I have a ticket open with Modbargains to investigate as I got tired of these damn things and put some mountune springs. That's when I noticed the model # on the front being completely different. With that in mind I'm having them investigate that the wrong springs were sent. THey're clearly the wrong fit to cause rubbing/binding on the inner well.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This is an old thread, but just wanted to add, that you'll *NEED* to repair the breach in the paint on those springs. Paint is ultra important on springs for as far as I've seen, they will get eaten up fairly quickly by rust and break as a result.

Gents:

Had the exact same issue. Proceeded to reach out to my reseller who took it up with Vogtland. Looks like there was a redesign on the front springs and they're sending me new ones as replacement. As soon as I have a part number with the new springs i'll update everyone.

Just saw this - I have Vogtland and they are rubbing on the inner fender and make all kinds of noise. So I'd say YES it is a spring/company thing and NOT operator error lol.

Just saw this - I have Vogtland and they are rubbing on the inner fender and make all kinds of noise. So I'd say YES it is a spring/company thing and NOT operator error lol.
No they're not. Supposedly there was a *redesign* I'm awaiting numbers along with my refund. Took them off . Not worth the wear on your car.

From my vendor:

The customer will need to call into Vogtland specifically, then contact their dealer they purchased through. Please call up Vogtland to get these replaced guys. No need to wear out your vehicles!