Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Intercooler and Boost drop

DaveG99

My depo intercooler fit perfectly. I dont think you could fit any larger intercooler in there without modification because it is quite snug in there. As far as quality goes its an aluminum box with air going through it. Hard to screw that up. It performs well and keeps my temps in check. Even in the 100+ degree Texas weather

A7xogg

I know this is reviving an old thread, but I'm curious as to what is higher quality about the Depo FMIC than the MAP FMIC. I know the MAP is more expensive, but the end tanks are CNC machined and it is made here in the US. MAP also stresses that it is 100% bolt in with no issues at all with air dam fitment once it is installed. The Depo has earned a great reputation here, and is significantly less expensive. I would like to hear opinions of how the 2 compare quality, fitment and function-wise.
Depo is not better quality than map.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
^^^^ he must've bought an MAP intercooler

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A7xogg

^^^^ he must've bought an MAP intercooler

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No I didn't. Not saying their intercooler doesn't work or anything, but it's cheaper. While it's not the same thing but look at their quality on exhaust parts.

No I didn't. Not saying their intercooler doesn't work or anything, but it's cheaper. While it's not the same thing but look at their quality on exhaust parts.
Good thing you are speaking from experience dealing with the two aforementioned parts...

I have a Depo intercooler and have also purchased many other name brand intercoolers (Treadstone, Cp-e). I can say the quality is on par with other manufacturers.

AzNightmare

Isn't the depo IC basically a COBB clone? I know cobb quality is top notch with their welds and everything. MAP is also very good too with their welding.

I also had a DEPO intercooler, and while the welds weren't absolutely robotic laser perfect, they were fine.
The intercooler functioned great, as designed, and the price point was the best part.
It is snug in there, but fits perfectly and holds up quite well. I had mine on for about 25k miles before I took it off