Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto '16+ ST Intake Pre-Sale

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

mishimoto1

Our ’16+ ST intake system discounted pre-sale is now live! Check out the details below and let me know if you have any specific questions!

2016+ Fiesta ST Intake Pre-Sale Link

Estimated Ship Date / Pre-Sale Expiration
5/20/2016

Includes
(1) Aluminum Intake Pipe w/ CNC-Machined MAF Section
(1) Airbox w/ Protective Edging
(1) High-Flow Oiled Filter
(1) Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose
(1) PCV Silicone Adapter
(2) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

2016+ Fiesta ST Intake Pre-Sale Link

Let us know if you have any questions about the intake kit!

Thanks!
-John

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
My ESP tells me that Mishimoto is about to make a killing.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #6
Im pretty sure i know the answer to this,but is it CARB legal? CA sucks :( lol
Great question! We are in the process of getting CARB certification for as many applications as we can. The intake for this Fiest ST is definitely in our sights, but unfortunately, it won’t be CARB legal immediately after product release due to how long and arduous the process is. We do fully intend to pursue an EO number for this car though. As soon as the process is complete, we will update our specs and let you guys know.

Will you be selling the 2016 adapter separately?
For now, the adapter will only be sold with the 2016+ kit.

Apologies for the delay guys!

I'm pre ordering either way but in your R+D have you found that using an aluminum/metal filter housing amplifies intake and turbo noise? Just curious since a lot of intakes I've seen videos on and such are fully exposed and/or just have a single plate to reduce heat.

FistSt215

I know this is a stupid question but would you guys sale the protective air box separate ? I have a injen intake maybe this can prevent it from sucking in the hot air .

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #10
I'm pre ordering either way but in your R+D have you found that using an aluminum/metal filter housing amplifies intake and turbo noise? Just curious since a lot of intakes I've seen videos on and such are fully exposed and/or just have a single plate to reduce heat.
Thanks for your support!!

Noise amplification is always something we keep in mind when designing our intake systems. Typically, a lot of the noise comes from our cone filter, however the box will also make an impact. An airbox that effectively amplifies the induction sound is well-sealed, keeping as much warm air as possible away from the filter. The cooler the air, the better for sound!

I know this is a stupid question but would you guys sale the protective air box separate ? I have a injen intake maybe this can prevent it from sucking in the hot air .
For this kit, everything will come as one. Our airbox does an excellent job shielding the filter from hot air, but it is unique to our setup. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your support!!

Noise amplification is always something we keep in mind when designing our intake systems. Typically, a lot of the noise comes from our cone filter, however the box will also make an impact. An airbox that effectively amplifies the induction sound is well-sealed, keeping as much warm air as possible away from the filter. The cooler the air, the better for sound!

For this kit, everything will come as one. Our airbox does an excellent job shielding the filter from hot air, but it is unique to our setup. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the response. Yea I didn't waste any time, ordered it the second I hit submit on this forum. Can't wait!

When are the pre orders supposed to ship? I noticed the date online changed to the 10th from the original date I think was end of May?

Does this intake play well as a first mod? I am moving towards a COBB AP, but not sure if there would be any problems having the intake before the AP.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The only problem doin an intake before an AP is all of the actual power gains you'll be patiently waiting for while you save up for the AP you shoulda bought in the first place ;)

The only problem doin an intake before an AP is all of the actual power gains you'll be patiently waiting for while you save up for the AP you shoulda bought in the first place ;)
Hahaha that is a concern, but I was seeing to getting a deal for this intake, then hopefully land a deal on the AP when sales come... But yeah... Next on my list is the AP, but just saw this and the idea and quality behind it seems fairly high (don't know if there are other enclosed intake box?)

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I saw someone asked about CARB legality for CA purposes earlier in the thread. Did you guys end up getting a CARB approval for this intake? I'm strongly considering it for my 2017.

Bluedrank

For real, absolutely do not buy this product. After over a year, they STILL have not fixed their intake from throwing the check engine light and have been actively ignoring us when we beg them to update us on the progress of the fix. The part they send you will throw a code. Even if you clear the code you will fail inspections if they scan your sensors in any fashion as it shows a pending emissions fault that hasn't yet been thrown.

I cannot stress enough how much you should absolutely not buy a Mishimoto intake, or anything else from them for that matter. As a company they absolutely do not stand behind their products or the customers that buy them.

Instead, buy the ST200 intake with the Ramair filter from Ron @ Whoosh . If you want the full piping to go with it, buy the ramair induction tube and ramair crossover pipe, then grab the whoosh p144c code fix since you have a 16+ model. The links for everything are below. Please do not buy mishimoto if you own a 16+ FiST, you will regret it.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...st200-airbox-w-cold-air-feed-hose-coming-soon
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...st-2014-2017-crossover-pipe-kit-free-shipping
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...ta-st-evap-purge-p144c-check-engine-light-fix
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...r-silicone-induction-hose-2014-2017-fiesta-st