Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

USB port not recognizing Ipod

When I plug my Ipod into the USB port nothing happens. Nothing shows up on the Sync display and the Ipod display doesn't change. I've tried both ports and neither works yet oddly enough it will still charge the Ipod if left plugged in. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Hi FastCoolBlue,

You have to switch the audio source to USB for the iPod to play. Which system do you have: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/get-started-with-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html?model I can provide the proper instructions once I know your version.

Shaay

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your response Shaay. I have a 2014 Fiesta ST with Nav if that helps. I followed the link you provided but I'm still not exactly sure which Sync I have. I can tell you that I have tried selecting the USB audio source but the system just tells me that it does not detect a USB device.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks for your response Shaay. I have a 2014 Fiesta ST with Nav if that helps. I followed the link you provided but I'm still not exactly sure which Sync I have. I can tell you that I have tried selecting the USB audio source but the system just tells me that it does not detect a USB device.
You have Sync 2 not Sync 3.

Have you tried a different cable? I have had issues with some aftermarket cables causing Sync not to read my iPhone.

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Yes, I have tried both the Apple USB cable and an aftermarket cable and it still doesn't detect the device.

There may be a setting in the ipod that tells the ipod to charge only instead of being read as a media device. Either way, just use the aux cable to listen to music or bluetooth if you have it.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Same thing just happened in my 2014 FiST. I changed the cable, reset the headunit and pulled the SYNC fuse for five minutes and it still doesn’t recognize either USB port. Anyone else have this issue?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Same thing just happened in my 2014 FiST. I changed the cable, reset the headunit and pulled the SYNC fuse for five minutes and it still doesn’t recognize either USB port. Anyone else have this issue?
Apparently iOS 11 isn’t compatible with my Ford SYNC shit. I tried an older phone and it’s fine. Wonderful.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
My iPhone 6 with OS 10 is fine. The 6+ with 11 isn’t, but it woks in my other cars.