Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench Light on my Gauge Cluster

Hello,

I just got my oil changed at the dealer and they forgot to turn off the "Wrench Light" on my gauge cluster. I was in a bit of a rush, so I told them I would do it and it's fine. I've been trying to reset this thing for the last hour following the instructions in this thread:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1116-Oil-Life-Reset

I cannot for the life of me turn off this damn wrench light.

Has anyone successfully done this? I've been searching the internet for answers and nobody can confirm to have done this successfully.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Yup. Twice already. Press the start button without the clutch press. When in auxiliary press the gas and brake fully for 1 minute. There is no message, manual lies. After 15 seconds or so the wrench light will go off but keep pressing for the full minute. That should do it.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
ok, let me go out to my car and give it a shot.

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
Not working :(

Anyway you can list your exact steps?

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I've been literally holding down the gas and brake for 3 minutes now. That light will not go away

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Those are my steps. Or. Open door, sit it press start, wait 10 seconds, press brake and gas together to the floor, wait 1 minute, wrench light off, release both pedals, press start, once everything ig off start like normal.

If that does not work bring it back to the shop. Might have a software bug.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine has been like this for a couple weeks.....tried everything.....did a VHC. ...nothing came up. Vehicle does not go into limp mode ....drives normally. I oh well....stupid lube tech children.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
I think I've done this like 20 times and it's still not working. This is so annoying..

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Mine has been like this for a couple weeks.....tried everything.....did a VHC. ...nothing came up. Vehicle does not go into limp mode ....drives normally. I oh well....stupid lube tech children.
My car is completely normal except for this stupid wrench light

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
I did Notice when my car is in ignition on, the check engine light that is illuminated does blink for 4-5 seconds then stays solid. Kinda weird

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hmmm....might have to try it just for shits....I heard that our vehicles don't have an oil monitoring system and it's a glitch/bug.

These are the exact steps I used to clear mine:

1: Uninstall AccessPort
2. Turn ignition on (push ignition button, but do not press the clutch in)
3. Depress brake and gas pedals 100% (light should go off after a couple seconds)
4. Count to 30
5. Start the car just to double check the light doesn't come back
6. Power down
7. Reinstall AP

If you have an accessport installed, it needs to be uninstalled to reset the oil change reminder. If following CanadianGuy's directions or mine still don't work after uninstalling an AP you can try holding down your brake and gas BEFORE hitting your ignition button. That was a tip from my Ford dealer when I was having similar issues, no idea if it works. If all of that is a fail, then maybe it unfortunately ISN'T an oil reminder, but a powertrain warning light.

OP
D
Thread Starter #15

3. Depress brake and gas pedals 100% (light should go off after a couple seconds)
4. Count to 30
6. Power down
7. Reinstall AP

If you have an accessport installed, it needs to be uninstalled to reset the oil change reminder. If following CanadianGuy's directions or mine still don't work after uninstalling an AP you can try holding down your brake and gas BEFORE hitting your ignition button. That was a tip from my Ford dealer when I was having similar issues, no idea if it works. If all of that is a fail, then maybe it unfortunately ISN'T an oil reminder, but a powertrain warning light.
Thank you Muldoon! It worked! The light went off after about 2-3 seconds of holding down the brake and gas after I uninstalled my AP. :D

Reped you

Great job [MENTION=4465]Muldoon[/MENTION]. Did not think the Accessport would be a factor as my Mtune is connected 24/7 and it has the MP215 tune. Now we know for the future.
Thanks for the compliment, no idea how many curse words my dash heard before I figured it out, haha. That's weird that I couldn't clear it but your MTune was fine. It must be something with the Cobb OTS tunes then. I wonder if any pro-tuned guys have the same issue.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks for the compliment, no idea how many curse words my dash heard before I figured it out, haha. That's weird that I couldn't clear it but your MTune was fine. It must be something with the Cobb OTS tunes then. I wonder if any pro-tuned guys have the same issue.
Thanks for the tip. I made a copy of your post and stuck the thread for future reference.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8602-Resetting-Oil-Light-for-vehicles-with-Cobb-Tune

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

4. Count to 30
6. Power down
7. Reinstall AP

Sure as shit...it worked. It came across my mind but I didn't think of it myself. But then again nothing is perfect ....

Thanks Muldoon!

The raptor fences aren't out, are they?