Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WTB used FiST soon

Hey all,
I'm looking to buy a used Molten Orange FiST soon. I know this is a bit of a noob question but I wanted to know what costs (mainly taxes) I will need to take into account in addition to the purchase price. I know some of that has changed in recent years with the Ad Valorem tax, so if someone who has bought a used car recently could update me that would be great. And I know all the ongoing costs like registration and insurance, just talking about the costs at time of purchase. Thanks

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I hadn't, although I've been checking the classifieds, so thanks! I'm looking to buy used though, taking over that lease won't save me that much over buying new

twolf

I hadn't, although I've been checking the classifieds, so thanks! I'm looking to buy used though, taking over that lease won't save me that much over buying new
I know the owner of that car. You'd be about 20k total once you bought it out. Good deal IMO.

twolf

I'd be very interested in buying the Recaros off of you if you did buy that car.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
I know the owner of that car. You'd be about 20k total once you bought it out. Good deal IMO.
It is a decent deal but only if I was trying to get one that is new/newer. I have no problem getting one with 20,000 miles or so on it, and I've found those for $18,000 and less. I just want to reduce my losses from depreciation as much as possible.
And sorry man, the Recaros won't be for sale [wink]

It is a decent deal but only if I was trying to get one that is new/newer. I have no problem getting one with 20,000 miles or so on it, and I've found those for $18,000 and less. I just want to reduce my losses from depreciation as much as possible.
And sorry man, the Recaros won't be for sale [wink]
That fully loaded one stickered at somewhere a bit over $26k. For a 1 year old car with 14k miles that was taken care of, that's not bad. Especially if it's local, because finding that perfect deal is probably not going to be local.

I paid 16500 for my car. It was a year old with 22k miles. Recaros, nav, moon roof. Needed tires, and the guy tossed in an AP. Now, it was already a 2 owner, so I'm the 3rd.

I paid 16500 for my car. It was a year old with 22k miles. Recaros, nav, moon roof. Needed tires, and the guy tossed in an AP. Now, it was already a 2 owner, so I'm the 3rd.
A year old and already two owners...? Wow.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
Now that it has sold to someone else, I can say that the deal I found was $16,400 with Recaros. So they're definitely out there.