Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rockford Fosgate PS-8

Thinking of ordering a RF PS-8 powered sub. It should fit under the hatch floor beside the spare. Any one have an experience with their powered subs? Will a smaller sub still sound alright under the false floor, or should i try to jam it under a seat?

I don't have personal experience (yet - looking to build a box or get a Soundstream USB-8A or similar and put it by the spare as well) but I would expect that it would sound much better in the trunk. The flip up cover is thinner and more sound-permeable than your seats, which are super padded and will muffle output. The rear hatch will act as a natural acoustic reflector to add volume to the sound (the equivalent of "corner loading" a HT sub) and the sound will be more even throughout the cabin, especially in the front. If you put it under a seat it will be more localized and someone's butt will be vibrating constantly, plus rear passengers will probably kick it.

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
Cool, I figured being such a small car it wouldn't make much difference, but I've never used one of the all-in-one subs before. It's a shame they couldn't have moved that spare over a little bit more so we could tuck a 10" in there without building a custom box.