Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW: MeisterR Coilovers for Fiesta ST, $995 Delivered

Trader history for MeisterR (0)

Yeah, I don't even have the ~$2500.00 right now for even the R1 Bilstein motorsport strength gravel setup, let alone the $8500.00 to $12,000.00+ for the R2/R5/etc. Rieger gravel or tarmac setups. [:(]

Maybe the Ground Control conversion deal when it finally is released will allow a little bit higher than factory ride height, even if it means using a different/taller spring height than what they supply with the 'kit'. [dunno]
If it wasn’t for the shipping cost, I do have two sets of Fiesta SES springs/struts/dampers... I do believe they’d raise you an inch or so over OEM FiST altitude. Taller AND softer! [emoji16] Waaaay less tarmac performance though...

I did some gravel rips on the SES with standard set up, and it was fine. MUCH better with the KW V1s due to the much improved suspension specs, just much less clearance... not sure what height... I set the height on those by finger width[emoji849]. Maybe two inches lower than normal ride height.

Unless you are doing fire roads or rutted single track, ALL the options out there for the FiST are just fine. I did finally get my Bilstein B8s and Swift springs installed on the FiST, and leaving for a trip to NE British Columbia shortly... lots of good gravel up there... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I take it those roads are billiard table top smooth, just gravel covered?

(The Swifts, although they don't 'slam' the car like other springs do, are still kind of low for any really rough fire/forest roads, no?)

^^^I take it those roads are billiard table top smooth, just gravel covered?

(The Swifts, although they don't 'slam' the car like other springs do, are still kind of low for any really rough fire/forest roads, no?)
Lol! Not quite billiard ball, but hard pack for sure!

Yes they would likely cause me to turn over on the sunroof area on fire roads or pipe line access.. I stick to the country roads, and farm roads...

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

did anyone get a chance too do a install and have them at our oem factory ride height
I live in NYC and looking for a stock height clearance for tight ramp drive ways and snow
and i also hate the way the car handles bad roads.... will this solve both my problems, if not what is my next best option??

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I have them and they are set pretty close to stock height. The fronts can go very tall, the rears are maxed out at stock height. If you do get them, make certain you get all the retaining rings as tight as possible. Mine keep coming loose and they are getting damaged from all the attempts at getting them tight.

KKaWing

I have them and they are set pretty close to stock height. The fronts can go very tall, the rears are maxed out at stock height. If you do get them, make certain you get all the retaining rings as tight as possible. Mine keep coming loose and they are getting damaged from all the attempts at getting them tight.
A trick to do this is to get a larger flat head screw driver, wrap the head with a cloth so you don't nick the collar, set it flush to one of the groves and give it a good whack (read: tap) from a rubber mallet / hammer. It should help keep the collars in place.

Edit: source - the tip is from Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
A trick to do this is to get a larger flat head screw driver, wrap the head with a cloth so you don't nick the collar, set it flush to one of the groves and give it a good whack (read: tap) from a rubber mallet / hammer. It should help keep the collars in place.

Edit: source - the tip is from Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis.
I'll try that next time. I have been trying to whack the spanner with a hammer.

what about if you use thread lock on it?
this looks like a head ache, is there another option that i could use with retaining stock height and softer ride?

KKaWing

what about if you use thread lock on it?
this looks like a head ache, is there another option that i could use with retaining stock height and softer ride?
Shock bodies actually get hot, so blue/medium won't be much help. If you use red... good luck ever getting it off. Then again, some people let it seize :p adjust it once then forget about it ^^;

silicone might help from stopping is unwind and is easy too clean off.
or what about if you add another ring on top too lock it?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
silicone might help from stopping is unwind and is easy too clean off.
or what about if you add another ring on top too lock it?
I emailed them about the damage I've caused asking for a new spanner and rings. He wants some photos. I am thinking if I get another set of rings ill keep the old set on top to make it lock.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I left them attached to the stock struts. I don't think there is a way to mount them on the new coilovers.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
yea leave them off. don't need them on the coils plus there's no where to attach them anyway

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #238
All of MeisterR engineering are done in house at our UK workshop located in Rayne, Essex.

The ZetaCRD are assembled in Taiwan.
The internal valving specification, the damper rod specification, damper case specification, are all engineered by MeisterR
The Locking collar used is MeisterR unique RANS design, and it is currently under UK patent pending status.
We do run spot check of all MeisterR products in UK to ensure product quality control are kept consistent to MeisterR quality.

The ZetaCRD are designed for fast road & occasional track use.
The damper specification are match to the paired springs rate, so performance are ensured as full stiff damping setting are closely match to the 100% critical damping force of the setup.
What that mean is the suspension are designed to provide maximized performance as a complete package out of the box.

For those looking for more advanced suspension, we also offer the GT1 coilovers.

The GT1 coilovers are assembled in UK or USA using MeisterR unique SDV (Staggered Digressive Piston) and other internals.
The SDV piston and all other internal parts of the GT1 are CNC in house at our UK workshop.

Each GT1 are hand build to specification for each specific customer, so specification will vary depending on the focus of the customers.

I hope that helps, any other questions just let me know.

Jerrick

Installed this yesterday and Im loving it. I set it to it's softest setting after trying the factory setting (-8 from hardest, way too stiff for my liking), and then went on test drives around my neighborhood to start dialing it in. I ended up at +8 from softest front and +2 from softest rear. It feels very supple over uneven surfaces, it's more comfortable than stock (I came from swift springs and stock dampers), and I can also feel the weight transfer a lot more; lift off oversteer feels more controllable and more traction everywhere else when you don't want it sliding. The handling just seems more playful now; it almost feels like a more expensive car.

Very impressed with the design and the overall quality. 0 preload was set out of the box. Fast shipping too!

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #240
Okay, been missing for a while mainly doing a lot of development.
So I am back, along with stock, and new technology.

Here is what we have been working on. :)

1st place finish at the 2019 Legends of the Lake Hill Climb in Valley Lakes, Mount Gambier, Australia.

View: https://youtu.be/REDrS0jtnwE