Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW: MeisterR Coilovers for Fiesta ST, $995 Delivered

Trader history for MeisterR (0)

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That is quite a big difference, I would want to double check to see if both side is moving the same amount.
Also, check that there are no pre-load / binding in the control arm bush.

I have seen a car held up by an extra inch because the bush was "twisted".
You want to make sure all control arms bush are "tighten" at the new static ride height with the wheels loaded (on the ground).

Jerrick
I'll check that tomorrow and report back. Hopefully its not like that as I haven't messed with anything on the suspension besides the shock/spring assembly.

Assuming by control arm you mean the rear axle? Since the ST's don't have independent rear suspension.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #202
I'll check that tomorrow and report back. Hopefully its not like that as I haven't messed with anything on the suspension besides the shock/spring assembly.

Assuming by control arm you mean the rear axle? Since the ST's don't have independent rear suspension.
That shows how much I have been working with Miata lately... of course the ST don't have independent rear suspension. [8]
Just double check on anything that moves, those are normally a part of the issue.

Again, any questions just let me know.
There is normally a very easy fix for the problem, the difficult part is finding the problem in the first place.

Jerrick

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Hi Jerrick, I purchased a set of the ZetaCRD+ coilovers last summer and am happy to say they appear to be holding up well after about 10,000+ miles of daily driving, autocross, and track days. They just recently went through a cold Minnesota winter including sub zero temps and exposure to road salt. I did spray them down with some MeisterR ARC (Anti-Rust Coat) before the winter season. It was finally warm enough to install my summer tires and wheels today and I noticed the rubber shock bellows have separated in places and look pretty worn out. They did their job of protecting the piston shaft and seals but they need to be replaced. Any chance I can get replacements for all four shocks? If so, can you PM the cost with estimated shipping to 55432?

Alternatively, I was thinking I can probably find some generic shock boot covers as long as they're fairly close to the same diameter but thought I would ask you first and get the correct replacements.

Thanks!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That shows how much I have been working with Miata lately... of course the ST don't have independent rear suspension. [8]
Just double check on anything that moves, those are normally a part of the issue.

Again, any questions just let me know.
There is normally a very easy fix for the problem, the difficult part is finding the problem in the first place.

Jerrick
Sorry. I haven't had the chance to attempt to loosen potential binded OEM components to try and see why my ride height is equal in the back though the height adjustment on the coilovers is uneven.

But out of curiosity have you heard of a case like mine before?

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #205
Sorry. I haven't had the chance to attempt to loosen potential binded OEM components to try and see why my ride height is equal in the back though the height adjustment on the coilovers is uneven.

But out of curiosity have you heard of a case like mine before?
Uneven ride height is common on a lot of cars.
Because generally corner weight isn't the same.

However, if there is a huge variation, then you need to have a check to make sure nothing is bind.

Jerrick

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What I have found, on cars I've actually had corner weighted, is that they end up with an uneven ride height due to said corner/cross weighting ride height adjustments. :(

Last edited:
Replaced worn out bilstein b14 with meister r coilovers. Was going to purchase another set of b14 but they’ve been out of stock for a while. Anyway car corners harder and faster now. I feel like I’m driving faster in the canyons now. Most likely going to buy another set of meister r coilovers.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Replaced worn out bilstein b14 with meister r coilovers. Was going to purchase another set of b14 but they’ve been out of stock for a while. Anyway car corners harder and faster now. I feel like I’m driving faster in the canyons now. Most likely going to buy another set of meister r coilovers.
HOW many bombed-out road miles do you pile on in order to 'wear out' a set of B14s (or did you buy them used already?) ? [???:)]

Last edited:
About 20k. All daily miles on wheel-shattering commiefornia roads.
Let’s see how long these meisters last.

LILIKE16ST

That is why I went with swifts over dropping money on coils they're great but for a daily that racks as many miles as I do with no track time it didn't make sense to me...I'd don't wanna be replacing my suspension every 20k or even 30-40k. I went with swifts on stock dampers and when they go I'll go with some b8 shocks and struts to pair with the swifts. This combo is much less maintenance needed and better longevity imo for a non tracked daily.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #211
That is why I went with swifts over dropping money on coils they're great but for a daily that racks as many miles as I do with no track time it didn't make sense to me...I'd don't wanna be replacing my suspension every 20k or even 30-40k. I went with swifts on stock dampers and when they go I'll go with some b8 shocks and struts to pair with the swifts. This combo is much less maintenance needed and better longevity imo for a non tracked daily.
Lowering springs and standard / B8 dampers are a good combo for road use.
But in terms of performance even for road use, they don't compare to a proper set of performance suspension.
The steering response and the damping response will be completely different.
The biggest difference is the adjustable dampers, because the ability to dial in your preference makes a huge difference in the overall enjoyment of the car.

With that said, durability is subjective.
All dampers fail, there are no guarantee that OEM dampers will last 40K miles.
I have had MeisterR damper that fail within 1 year and are covered under warranty, I have customer using MeisterR coilovers on their daily driver for 8+ years and over 80K miles (I would say the same applies to Bilstein / OEM dampers).

The biggest concern with dampers durability is environment.
If you drive over clean roads all the time, the damper will last a long time.
Drive it over salt covered gravel, all you need is a single chip on the damper rod and the damper will fail shortly.
That is the same for OEM or MeisterR, which is why it is impossible to quote how long a damper will last as there are so many variable.

Jerrick

VirtualRonin

Active Military
A bump up, anyone have any new feedback. :)

Jerrick
Hi Jerrick, I'd really like to see some spare parts available for purchase on your website. Dust boots, rubber insulators for the rear springs, etc. Basically anything that is replaceable.

Earlier this year I needed to change out the dust boots on 3 of my coilovers since they started coming apart at the seams. It was a good chance to give the coilovers a good cleaning and inspect them. I ended up ordering a set of dust boots from another company online. They arrived and I installed them. They didn't fit very snug to the shock body but they'll work for now.

I contacted you a while back about getting a replacement set of dust boots but I didn't hear back from you for awhile so I just went ahead and ordered the other dust boots. I would still like to get a proper set of replacement dust boots though.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #214
Hi Jerrick, I'd really like to see some spare parts available for purchase on your website. Dust boots, rubber insulators for the rear springs, etc. Basically anything that is replaceable.

Earlier this year I needed to change out the dust boots on 3 of my coilovers since they started coming apart at the seams. It was a good chance to give the coilovers a good cleaning and inspect them. I ended up ordering a set of dust boots from another company online. They arrived and I installed them. They didn't fit very snug to the shock body but they'll work for now.

I contacted you a while back about getting a replacement set of dust boots but I didn't hear back from you for awhile so I just went ahead and ordered the other dust boots. I would still like to get a proper set of replacement dust boots though.
We just brought in a batch of spares, I have drop you a PM.

Jerrick

I remember seeing that someone asked what the maximum ride height was for these coilovers, but I’ve never been able to find the answer. Was this ever established? I am very seriously considering picking up a set, but I am hoping for only a very mild drop. Anyone happen to know offhand? Preferably in relation to stock height.

But NO higher at all (like not even by a half inch)??
I think you’re doomed as far as coils with stock plus ride height.. well, except for the you-know-whiches... heh..

Not sure how our suspension components would like a raise... you might need to include some “regular” Fiesta components in there.. the ride height on those, positively Jeep-like!

Hmmm, need to get the wheels off of a Ecosport, and snap some pics... Maaaaybe, the mount points are the same for everything... hmmmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think you’re doomed as far as coils with stock plus ride height.. well, except for the you-know-whiches... heh..
Yeah, I don't even have the ~$2500.00 right now for even the R1 Bilstein motorsport strength gravel setup, let alone the $8500.00 to $12,000.00+ for the R2/R5/etc. Rieger gravel or tarmac setups. [:(]

Maybe the Ground Control conversion deal when it finally is released will allow a little bit higher than factory ride height, even if it means using a different/taller spring height than what they supply with the 'kit'. [dunno]