Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW: MeisterR Coilovers for Fiesta ST, $995 Delivered

Trader history for MeisterR (0)

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #161
Looking at 7k front, 5k rear...Step between full on bspec and autox, with a soft enough rear to not get super happy rear end under braking/corner entry...Max rotation isn't nearly as needed for road courses vs autox...Since I do some autox for fun occasionally... Now if be willing to run the 5/3 setup for a year, unless you can set me up with the higher rates initially...

Because the fiesta has had issue with stiffer sway bars cracking the front mounting points I'd rather run a higher spring rate and less bar (not really needed out back with the fiesta's rear stiffness already) then the softer rate and reliance on the swaybar to manage the bulk of weight transfer... :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I would say for a fast road & track car, the 6/4 setup really is as high as I like to see.
At this spring rate, you are already over the 2.0Hz wheel frequency mark.

You can go higher, but that's getting into the custom build GT1 area.

MeisterR dampers have proper compression force, so we don't need to use artificially high springs rate to compensate.

Jerrick

LT Berzerker

So the current valving would tolerate the 6/4 setup? Or would that be to stiff? 56lb/in doesn't sound like to much, though not an expert lol :)

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #163
So the current valving would tolerate the 6/4 setup? Or would that be to stiff? 56lb/in doesn't sound like to much, though not an expert lol :)
The current valving borderline should handle it.
When we work the dynamics out, 6/4 or 5/3 both will work.
The 5/3 is a better match for a fast road & track car.
The 6/4 will be more track focus, but still acceptable on the street.

For most of MeisterR customers, the 5/3 will be a good all rounder, good daily as well as fun Auto-X car.
The 6/4 will be great also, but if you were to do long journey you may get a little tired from the stiffer springs.

That is why we settled on the 5/3, as we feel that would be a better all rounder setup dynamically speaking.

Jerrick

LT Berzerker

So what do I need to do to order a set in 6/4 ;)....

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #165
So what do I need to do to order a set in 6/4 ;)....
The biggest problem with that is the rear springs of the Fiesta ST is a rather odd size.
So it is custom coiled, and I don't have the appropriate size springs in the 4kg/mm springs rate.

That is the biggest difficulty I have, as keeping a stock of the unique coiled springs mean it will not be used on anything other than the FiST also.

Jerrick

LT Berzerker

Hmmm... Interesting dilemma, I'm in no hurry, won't put them on the car until after winter (April)... So I'll wait on your word as to if you can get a set with a 4k rear springs :) or simply can get 4k springs at all...

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #167
Hmmm... Interesting dilemma, I'm in no hurry, won't put them on the car until after winter (April)... So I'll wait on your word as to if you can get a set with a 4k rear springs :) or simply can get 4k springs at all...
I'll put my thinking cap on.
Personally, I think the 5/3 does everything well and there really isn't a need to change them.

The ride compliancy is good, and you got a lot of damping adjustment to use.
Once you go stiff, you lose the option of having that comfortable ride.
In terms of performance, since you are tires limited, it isn't a huge difference.

If you are going to be using Semi-Slick tires, then it is a different story.
But most road going compound tyres, you will have minimal performance difference while losing comfort and compliancy.

Jerrick

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Jerrick;

Will any of the aftermarket coil over spring manufacturers' product (Swift, Hyperco, Eibach, etc.) work on your dampers, or is the size you use to go over the bodies and sit on the mounts/adjusters unique and proprietary? [dunno]

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #170
Jerrick;

Will any of the aftermarket coil over spring manufacturers' product (Swift, Hyperco, Eibach, etc.) work on your dampers, or is the size you use to go over the bodies and sit on the mounts/adjusters unique and proprietary? [dunno]
We use standard 62mm ID springs, so any 62mm ID, or 2.5" (63.5mm) such as Eibach ERS will work.
I heard people use 65mm swift springs and it is fine, but it is getting a little wide.

Jerrick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My set should show up today, any install tip or tricks I should look out for?
For the fronts, once installed loosely, before you torque the top plates, grab the coil on the back side and lean your weight back slightly to pull the assembly toward the outside of the car. Then reach up and tighten them enough to hold them in place. Then stand up and torque them down.

This removes a decent amount of negative camber allowing it to feel close to normal while you drive to your alignment shop.

For the fronts, once installed loosely, before you torque the top plates, grab the coil on the back side and lean your weight back slightly to pull the assembly toward the outside of the car. Then reach up and tighten them enough to hold them in place. Then stand up and torque them down.

This removes a decent amount of negative camber allowing it to feel close to normal while you drive to your alignment shop.
Cool thanks for the tip!

My set should show up today, any install tip or tricks I should look out for?
sway bar endlinks up front have to be TIGHT to avoid noises. also get your head in there and make sure they're properly mated to the shock. make sure all the locking collars are also tightened down, even if you don't mess with the height adjustment. my rear strut locking collar was hand-loose. the camber tip above is good too.

GAbOS

Been looking all over for this elusive max height number. Can any post the info here or link to the thread that has it? Thanks!!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #176
Been looking all over for this elusive max height number. Can any post the info here or link to the thread that has it? Thanks!!
It is difficult to give max height in number as every car is a little different.
But I can give a estimate base on a picture and our engineering drawing.

That is the out of the box ride height setting, from this setting:

Front can go up another 3 inches no problem, plenty of room.
Rear can go up another 1 inch or so, maybe a little more.

Hope that give you some idea on the height adjustment range.

Jerrick

GAbOS

It is difficult to give max height in number as every car is a little different.
Jerrick
Thanks! That does give me a better idea. Are those OE tire or OE Size?

That is the out of the box ride height setting, from this setting:

Front can go up another 3 inches no problem, plenty of room.
Rear can go up another 1 inch or so, maybe a little more.

Hope that give you some idea on the height adjustment range.

Jerrick
These are definitely the OE tires.

Jerrick - so this is how all sets coming from you are shipped? This ride height?