Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW: MeisterR Coilovers for Fiesta ST, $995 Delivered

Trader history for MeisterR (0)

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #181
These are definitely the OE tires.

Jerrick - so this is how all sets coming from you are shipped? This ride height?
Correct, they should sit like that if you bolt the suspension as it is out of the box.
You can then adjust the ride height high or lower from that point.

Jerrick

Installing these now. What rebound settings do you all use for comfort / spirited driving / track? What's the factoring settings?

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Installing these now. What rebound settings do you all use for comfort / spirited driving / track? What's the factoring settings?
I've been running -10 on the fronts and -12 on the rears for daily driving. That's a good place to start and you can dial it in to your liking from there.

For autocross, I set my fronts to -8.

I don't recall what they were set to from factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been running -10 on the fronts and -12 on the rears for daily driving. That's a good place to start and you can dial it in to your liking from there.

For autocross, I set my fronts to -8.

I don't recall what they were set to from factory.
I see.. out of the box, mine seem to be set to 9 clicks away from hardest.

LILIKE16ST

How far can you lower the car with these coils without being "too low" to the point where it effects handling in a negative way? Seems to be an inch or so drop on the out the box settings...would it be possible to go 1.25-1.5 lower than stock without being too low? Just curious. Personally I'd like about a 1.5 inch drop in the front and maybe just shy of that in the rear I think that would be ideal as far as looks but I don't want to go that low if that would effect handling in a negative way. I plan to get these coils in the future and I was just curious if anyone had any concrete info on this. Thanks

How far can you lower the car with these coils without being "too low" to the point where it effects handling in a negative way? Seems to be an inch or so drop on the out the box settings...would it be possible to go 1.25-1.5 lower than stock without being too low? Just curious. Personally I'd like about a 1.5 inch drop in the front and maybe just shy of that in the rear I think that would be ideal as far as looks but I don't want to go that low if that would effect handling in a negative way. I plan to get these coils in the future and I was just curious if anyone had any concrete info on this. Thanks
I would let them settle at the pre-set height and see what you think. I think it's about the perfect drop out of the box. Never had any rubbing or issues on mine.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #188
You wouldn't have much problem if you want to go -1.5"
There are quite a bit of adjustment range from the out of the box setup.

Jerrick

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You wouldn't have much problem if you want to go -1.5"
There are quite a bit of adjustment range from the out of the box setup.

Jerrick
I believe that 16ST was asking about what was the lowering cutoff point for NOT having a negative effect on the total suspension geometry/instant center/roll center/etc. resulting in poor handling, NOT what was the maximum drop possible, 'slammed look' with your product. ;)

LILIKE16ST

I believe that 16ST was asking about what was the lowering cutoff point for NOT having a negative effect on the total suspension geometry/instant center/roll center/etc. resulting in poor handling, NOT what was the maximum drop possible, 'slammed look' with your product. ;)
You are correct...I know there's alot more adjustment there as far as being able to go lower I'm just wondering what the cutoff point is as far as negatively effecting handling and suspension geometry and basically everything you just said lol. If I could go -1.5 from factory height without effecting handling in a negative way at all that is wonderful because I know I'm not going to want or need lower than that I believe that is about perfect imo as far as looks. Out of the box doesn't look bad by any means so if I need to leave it there to have proper handling that would not be the end of the world by any means...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wish that Rick (@RAAMaudio), would come on here and give some of his experiential insight into the (coil over) ride height of these cars, and how it effects the handling, since he's done A LOT of experimentation in that arena. ;)

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #192
You are correct...I know there's alot more adjustment there as far as being able to go lower I'm just wondering what the cutoff point is as far as negatively effecting handling and suspension geometry and basically everything you just said lol. If I could go -1.5 from factory height without effecting handling in a negative way at all that is wonderful because I know I'm not going to want or need lower than that I believe that is about perfect imo as far as looks. Out of the box doesn't look bad by any means so if I need to leave it there to have proper handling that would not be the end of the world by any means...
Right, in which case you generally look at the lower control arms.
The lowest you can go on a car is when the control arms are parallel to the ground.
Once you go lower than that and the control arms start pointing upward, then your roll centre are seriously out of place.

The total ride height will depend on what wheels you are using, as that can affect ride height also depending on how you measure the setup.
Of course, alignment plays a big role also.

There isn't a magical right answer many times, the suspension is one part of the car that control vehicle dynamics.
You have to look at all the other parts to get a total picture of what the car will do, and then adjust the setup to suit what the driver wants to do.
That is one reason for coilovers, as it provide a lot of adjustment for the driver to tune the setup to his preference; and everyone will want something a little different.

Jerrick

LILIKE16ST

Right, in which case you generally look at the lower control arms.
The lowest you can go on a car is when the control arms are parallel to the ground.
Once you go lower than that and the control arms start pointing upward, then your roll centre are seriously out of place.

The total ride height will depend on what wheels you are using, as that can affect ride height also depending on how you measure the setup.
Of course, alignment plays a big role also.

There isn't a magical right answer many times, the suspension is one part of the car that control vehicle dynamics.
You have to look at all the other parts to get a total picture of what the car will do, and then adjust the setup to suit what the driver wants to do.
That is one reason for coilovers, as it provide a lot of adjustment for the driver to tune the setup to his preference; and everyone will want something a little different.

Jerrick
That is pretty cool. I would probably lower the car until the control arms are parallel and leave the car there. I would think that point would be slightly lower at least than the "out of the box" setting on ride height. I think I could get it down to 1.25 inch to 1.5 inch somewhere in that range. These coils are awesome. I will probably be in the market close to tax return season I'm loving everything about these.

codestp202

Hey [MENTION=4680]MeisterR[/MENTION] , in the market for coilovers at this time. I know you guys already offer a great discount, but any additional codes offered at this time to sway my decision over some of the less expensive coilovers?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Lets say I just wanted to adjust the height on the rear. Do I only mess with the spring adjustment and leave the shock adjustment alone?

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #198
Hey [MENTION=4680]MeisterR[/MENTION] , in the market for coilovers at this time. I know you guys already offer a great discount, but any additional codes offered at this time to sway my decision over some of the less expensive coilovers?
We don't have any additional discount in plan, sorry.
But I can assure you that there will be a performance difference for the small price difference when compared to less expensive coilovers. :)

Are they currently in stock?
Yes, in stock ready for delivery.

Lets say I just wanted to adjust the height on the rear. Do I only mess with the spring adjustment and leave the shock adjustment alone?
You just mess with the springs.
The adjustment damper length are use to fine tune damper travel.

Normally, unless you are going to deviate a huge amount to the point where you run out of travel and bottom out.
There is no need to change the rear damper length.

Jerrick

TDavis

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=4680]MeisterR[/MENTION]

I was adjusting the rear height on my coils friday. I had to lower my RR 1/8" to match the LR since out of the box they where not completely even(no biggie). I ended up raising the LR a smidge and lowered the RR a smidge as with anything if you adjust the height on a corner it can affect other corners as well.

My 'concern' is that with the rears at the exact same height at both sides I have more adjustment left on the LR when looking at the spring perch. Is it supposed to be like this?

In the pictures below you can clearly see there is much more room for adjustment on the driver side then the passenger and yet both rears are the same height.

Driver Side:
Passenger Side:

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #200
[MENTION=4680]MeisterR[/MENTION]
My 'concern' is that with the rears at the exact same height at both sides I have more adjustment left on the LR when looking at the spring perch. Is it supposed to be like this?
That is quite a big difference, I would want to double check to see if both side is moving the same amount.
Also, check that there are no pre-load / binding in the control arm bush.

I have seen a car held up by an extra inch because the bush was "twisted".
You want to make sure all control arms bush are "tighten" at the new static ride height with the wheels loaded (on the ground).

Jerrick