Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spark Plug Install

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I still have it lol. I read the same thing that the autolite copper cores were the best. Just had to change them out at about 15k but dirt cheap and the 30min job didn't bother me.
I have never monitored misfires on the ap and I don't plan to start now. Now I am the type who keeps it in the car plugged up because I like to monitor coolant temp oil temp charge and air intake temp and boost and the other is map slot so I can be sure I'm on the correct slot (93 and e30 is on the same map difference slots...but I haven't used 93 since feb when I started running e30 and probably won't but it's nice to know I'm on the correct slot to be safe). Misfires id's something I won't monitor. Imo if you can't tell it's misfiring without that gauge there isn't anything to be concerned with. I dropped my new plugs in yesterday and she runs smooth as silk and it's noticebley better all around although my factory 47k mile plugs actually looked pretty damn good considering the milage and the fact I've been tuned since 2800 miles. They were tan golden and slightly darker at the tip just as they're supposed to be and the car was running fine with them I just went with the ngk because of my e30 tune plus the milage on the stockers figured it was time to change. Car is running great with them. Now I can finally get my datalog refinement and also get my update to the new 4.0 tune with the high torque e30 option :) my stock plugs were also all gapped at .028 on the money I was surprised by that after seeing alot of people saying theirs were mismatched on gap and in the .030+ range stock. This is the first time I've ever had them out.

I wasn't in the focus community that far back although I do remember when randy was with fswerks. I got my svt in 2013. The plugs I put on the svt was not one step colder the were plain Jane motorcraft copper cores I just widened the gap on them as people recommended and it responded well. Turbo Tom on focus fanatics and focal jet swears by the copper cores. They're cheap as crap and the svt loved them the only downfall is you gotta change them out more often but at 2 bucks a pop it isn't that bad lol. My friend owns my old svt and it's probably getting up to 160-170k now still going strong they're good cars. I'd say your 2.3 was stout for what it was.
Sent from my SM-G930P
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Odd... The spark plug socket I use (5/8, Craftsman) does the whole job.
My regular spark plug socket wouldn't fit all the way in, I had to detach it and fit it partly in in order to be able to tighten the plugs in.

[MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] recommended a Craftsman socket which I ordered since, he said it worked perfectly in our cars no issues. I'll be trying it out when I change my plugs again this summer.
Update...

Just changed my plugs again...

The craftsman socket referenced above that I purchased did not fit...

There must be varying tolerances since some of us are having issues and others aren't...neither of my two spark plug sockets will fit...

In order to reach and reinstall the plugs I've ended up sanding the last inch of a deep well socket down a bit so it fits in there, that is, all the way around it so the O.D. is slightly less, and install is a breeze.

felopr

Update...

Just changed my plugs again...

The craftsman socket referenced above that I purchased did not fit...

There must be varying tolerances since some of us are having issues and others aren't...neither of my two spark plug sockets will fit...

In order to reach and reinstall the plugs I've ended up sanding the last inch of a deep well socket down a bit so it fits in there, that is, all the way around it so the O.D. is slightly less, and install is a breeze.
You could always take the socket to your favorite die grinder and make it skinny lol

Sam4

Just caught feat last weekend at the peach festival last weekend in scranton. Backed by moe, played waiting for columbus start to finish. ( insert goosebumps here)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just caught feat last weekend at the peach festival last weekend in scranton. Backed by moe, played waiting for columbus start to finish. ( insert goosebumps here)
The closest I've ever been to seeing them live is when our concert series (the one I volunteered at, Sanctuary Concerts in Chatham, N.J. until it was no more [:(]) hosted Pure Prairie League twice and Craig Fuller sang a few L.F./George tunes as encores (Willin', Fat Man In The Bathtub, etc.).

Also when we hosted the 'acoustic Little Feat' duo of Fred Tackett and Paul Barrere once. :(

But yup, we ARE getting WAY WAY off track again here. ;)