Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

want to run 15x7.5 rota slipstreams; are spacers needed to clear stock brakes?

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #21
They have them listed in our bolt pattern and hub bore on 18racing.com in both flat black and gloss gunmetal for 146 each and it does not say out of stock or discontinued. They may very well be but it does not list it as such. I've also seen them available on ebay a few times new from different ebay sellers. Maybe rota isn't making them and these people just have a stock left of them or something or whatever I'm not sure what the deal is. 18racing also sells 16x7 and 16x8 versions of these wheels in our bolt pattern

I have contacted 18racing before, they are super cool with custom orders, group orders, etc.

There has been talk of getting a group order of these wheels, they have already done (maybe still active) a 16x8 and a 16x7 group order I beleive.

A custom group order would be cool for those who are interested in bronze, white, and other colors, just takes a couple months.

I have contacted 18racing before, they are super cool with custom orders, group orders, etc.

There has been talk of getting a group order of these wheels, they have already done (maybe still active) a 16x8 and a 16x7 group order I beleive.

A custom group order would be cool for those who are interested in bronze, white, and other colors, just takes a couple months.
Jenny explained an order requirement to me several years ago. If i recall correctly, it was around 600 units. Im not sure if there was an allowance for color choices. Diid she outline the requirements for you?

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #26
I'm not sure why they list them on their website if they are not available and make no mention of them not being available. I'm not disagreeing at all with anything anyone is saying here because I have not tried to buy them or contact them I'm just saying if they aren't available for purchase they probably should not be on the site with a price listed and nothing of the sort mentioned. At least I didn't see anything

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #27
I’ve seen these available on eBay for at least 3 yrs. now. There’s a set ready now https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/302517476551

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I seen them on ebay too in the last year or so when I was wheel shopping and not long ago saw them in gunmetal on there. I was deciding between these and the pro race 15x8 when I was in the market a year or so ago and went with team dynamics. I do like these wheels and I feel they are a great option assuming availability of course. I was not aware of any unavailability until this thread. I don't know what the deal is with 18 racing but I'm nearly positive they wouldn't always be being listed on ebay for sale if they wasn't available. Not sure honestly

They list them because it generates responses. I don't claim to understand why a business would advertise the availability of an item that is not available. I guess i will just go onto 18 racings site and try to generate an order! Ive done this every 6 months on average since 2014. It always got kicked back. We shall try again.

Last edited:
Okay. I logged on an hour ago and i actually had a shipping date and tracking number! The offset on these is 40 mm rather than 45mm on the set i got from Rota several years ago. I should be able to check the fitment of these by Thursday afternoon. Only flat black is available in our hub drill spec. These are easily painted, so no issue for me. I might be still be able to get a super off season deal on sticky tires if these fit up!

Nice. They also have gunmetal color for our pattern on 18racing.com both that and matte black and they're 146 each. Maybe other will starting going to these wheels more.
I saw the Gunmetal 15x7.5. The hub drill is different from the flat black Slipstreams i ordered. I suspect the Gunmetal version is for the European ford Sierra and U.S. fox Mustang owners.

Nice. They also have gunmetal color for our pattern on 18racing.com both that and matte black and they're 146 each. Maybe other will starting going to these wheels more.
I saw the Gunmetal 15x7.5. The hub drill is different from the flat black Slipstreams i ordered. I suspect the Gunmetal version is for the European ford Sierra and U.S. fox Mustang owners.

felopr

Do slipstream come in 4x108? i know they come in 4x100 since this is the replica of spoon sports wheels for honda/acura

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #33
Do slipstream come in 4x108? i know they come in 4x100 since this is the replica of spoon sports wheels for honda/acura
Yes they do 15x7.5 16x7 and 16x8 have all been made before and some if not all are still available here and there you just gotta look. That's what this entire post is about (the 4x108 versions).

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #34
The fox mustang shares the same hub drill as we do. I've owned foxes before. The thing that makes them different are the offsets most of their wheels are +15-+25 which makes them not a great fit for our cars so I'm pretty sure those slips aren't meant for the fox but as for the Sierra I have no knowledge of those so I won't comment. I owned 3 foxes and I been a mustang and ford guy since I started driving in 99. Went through some not so good times back to some pretty good times for ford as of late lol. Glad you were able to get some ordered.

The fox mustang shares the same hub drill as we do. I've owned foxes before. The thing that makes them different are the offsets most of their wheels are +15-+25 which makes them not a great fit for our cars so I'm pretty sure those slips aren't meant for the fox but as for the Sierra I have no knowledge of those so I won't comment. I owned 3 foxes and I been a mustang and ford guy since I started driving in 99. Went through some not so good times back to some pretty good times for ford as of late lol. Glad you were able to get some ordered.
Yes. I know that the early fox mustang TRX forged rims bolted onto my 11 fiesta perfectly. The hub fit was dead nuts perfect.Maybe the other hub drill is for 80's vintage Saab? IDK. The 45 mm offset 15x7.5 Slipstreams i bought years ago
Fit the 11 fiesta without any shims in front my fist needed only .072 ish washers on front to work. I hope these 40mm offset 15x7.5 slips are useable. I am ready to be done with wheel purchases. Its been a trip.

Last edited:
I should have some wheels by 11 am tomorrow. I will see how well they fit and report back. Im curious too see how the 45mm offset affects fitting a 225 /45 tire.

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #37
I should have some wheels by 11 am tomorrow. I will see how well they fit and report back. Im curious too see how the 45mm offset affects fitting a 225 /45 tire.
I think you should be fine with the 40 offset based on what you're telling me. Good luck and be sure to post pics!

DaveG99

Any updates on this? [MENTION=2262]scotman[/MENTION]

Do these 15x7.5 slipstream fit in a 40 offset?

15x7.5 slips 40offset fit fine. running 205/50/15 tires Ran into a problem with the valve stems using the tpms sensors. Mavis used ford cobra screw on valve stems then screwd the stems to the sensors. Just a heads up. also saving 10lbs per corner is crazy. I swear my car gained like 6mpg more!
Let me know if you guys want to see a picture.