Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Antarctica24 Build Thread updated 07/31/2021

Are your KW V3s perfectly quiet? I was looking at them for my Stinger but people that have tried them reported noise to the point of pulling them off the car. I'd be willing to try them on my FiST if I had enough data points from other users.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #42
Generally noise comes from not knowing how to properly install them. Mine rode great and are perfectly quiet.

Thanks for the info and reassurance. As far as the Stinger is concerned, I have yet to see a case where people didn't have an issue and some of those people were working with KW to resolve the issue. The fronts are such a pain to R&R on the car that I decided not to experiment (especially with the cost).

Thanks,

George

Mikey456

Finally got the car back from Panda. Audio system is almost finished. Wiring is in the car. XS power Lithium Battery is in, 9lbs. if you can believe that. Sub boxes are finished. Very happy with how they turned out. Just need to install the subs, install processor and tune. Panda has me on a 25psi 93 Oct tune on my 2860. Im suppose to break that in before going to e50. I ran into a little snag here in Missouri, took the car to get inspected now get this, we have a emission test and a safety inspection. I passed emission test, but under the safety inspection, they guy got all worked up about missing the cat. So I had panda order me a 500 HP cat and we have a welder working on getting that integrated into the down pipe. So I haven't really be driving the car. Dont want any unnecessary attention from the local peace officers. I let Chris talk me into a Focus ST he has to use as a daily driver. So they are finishing that one up for me and will post when its done, should be the next couple of weeks.

As for how does this drive, OMG. I can blow off the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd making just 25psi on 93. It is so smooth and the suspension modifications we made with the KW3's are soooo nice. The car is very responsive. I am extremely proud of how well the car drives and transitions from 15mpg to 50 and back in neighborhood driving. Probably one of the best tune jobs I have ever had regarding drivability. There is something to be said for dyno tuning.
How did you manage to pass emissions with a missing cat? And what does a cat have to do with safety? That’s really strange..