Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Antarctica24 Build Thread updated 07/31/2021

COOLST

So Bryan, during all the mileage you've done - anything major gone wrong with the FiST? Hit the 165,000 mark yet?

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #22
So Bryan, during all the mileage you've done - anything major gone wrong with the FiST? Hit the 165,000 mark yet?
I have zero go wrong with the car other than the weatherstrip that goes down the passenger side windshield blew off after I upgraded to stage 1 tune.

I hit 164k today and will probably hit 165k by Thursday next week.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I've heard that as well but I don't have one at the moment. I was contemplating adding one and an oil cooler when I buy the turbo upgrade in the next couple of weeks.

On the longevity part I have to change my oil like every two weeks and I use synthetic. So far so good.
I'm curious- what brand of full-synthetic oil do you use? It's good to know that your car has been trouble-free after lots of miles,engine mods, and driving in some rough conditions.Thanks for posting all the helpful info.

Your wish is my command. I finally got the Catted down pipe installed and now running the Stage 3 OTS. JESUS GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!!!. WOW. What a difference. Well I can definitely say this is not the same car any more. I am a bit confused by one thing. Everyone says this car stops pulling at 3400 to 3500 RPM and based on my first dyno graph I would not argue that point. I am going to let Adam at Tune+ create a tune for me. But as a seat of the pants observer, this car pulls all the way to 7K and it pulls hard. Remember what I said about what I have built, so I have a general idea of what hard pulling is. The other odd thing, is at 3K, in 6th gear doing 80, getting to 130 is no problem. It actually happens very quickly. With the stage 1 it was somewhat of an effort, but not anymore. Im not a fan of guessing and I really like depending on a real dyno, but the Cobb Meter says torque is 282. I don't know if I can believe that or not. Oh yeah one more thing, my 163K Mile clutch is still holding.
What kind of Transmission oil do you use when you service the trans? Just curious because everyone uses something different and since you have so many miles it must be the right one.

My 13 year old car before this was at 141k miles when I sold it... 165k in a little over 2 years is crazy.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #26
I'm curious- what brand of full-synthetic oil do you use? It's good to know that your car has been trouble-free after lots of miles,engine mods, and driving in some rough conditions.Thanks for posting all the helpful info.
The synthetic oil is custom made for a company in the area called Jiffy Lube. The guy who owns the store actually owns 35 of them plus a couple of gas stations. He has done all of my installations for me except for the down pipe. if I had to guess based on my past experience, it is probably the fact that I change it every 2000 miles more than the kind of oil I use. But that is just a guess. I also use a Ford factory oil filter.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #28
What kind of Transmission oil do you use when you service the trans? Just curious because everyone uses something different and since you have so many miles it must be the right one.
I bought it from the Ford Dealership. It is what they recommended putting in the transmission. I had thought about swapping out to the royal purple but decided to just stay put.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The synthetic oil is custom made for a company in the area called Jiffy Lube. The guy who owns the store actually owns 35 of them plus a couple of gas stations. He has done all of my installations for me except for the down pipe. if I had to guess based on my past experience, it is probably the fact that I change it every 2000 miles more than the kind of oil I use. But that is just a guess. I also use a Ford factory oil filter.
thanks. Do you ever come to Chapel Hill?-it would be fun to see your car,see how well it's holding up.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #30
thanks. Do you ever come to Chapel Hill?-it would be fun to see your car,see how well it's holding up.
Well.. Actually Im not in Charlotte, Im in Raleigh. I come to Chapel Hill all the time. If you are out and about today, I have to go out to get me a case for my ipad, give me a ring, 919-348-7476 Bryan.

XuperXero

Seeing how the other thread about timing belt just popped up. Have you changed yours yet?

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #32
Seeing how the other thread about timing belt just popped up. Have you changed yours yet?
I have not changed the timing belt yet. I'm at 173,000. I changed jobs so I'm not driving the obscene mileage I was. The clutch is still holding on. I took a spirited drive up and down forth of July pass in Idaho and up and down the mountain at 49 north ski resort in Washington topping out in the 90's. and the clutch is still holding. As far as I'm concerned it must be made of kryptonite.

Sorry to hear about your crash, hats off to you for continuing to pursue your passion and not letting the negatives hold you back. That mileage is incredible also, great to see someone putting the FiST to the test

jeff

2000 Post Club
What's up Brian!? Nice to hear from you bro!! Man I can hear your sound system all the way down here in Georgia...

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #38
Finally got the car back from Panda. Audio system is almost finished. Wiring is in the car. XS power Lithium Battery is in, 9lbs. if you can believe that. Sub boxes are finished. Very happy with how they turned out. Just need to install the subs, install processor and tune. Panda has me on a 25psi 93 Oct tune on my 2860. Im suppose to break that in before going to e50. I ran into a little snag here in Missouri, took the car to get inspected now get this, we have a emission test and a safety inspection. I passed emission test, but under the safety inspection, they guy got all worked up about missing the cat. So I had panda order me a 500 HP cat and we have a welder working on getting that integrated into the down pipe. So I haven't really be driving the car. Dont want any unnecessary attention from the local peace officers. I let Chris talk me into a Focus ST he has to use as a daily driver. So they are finishing that one up for me and will post when its done, should be the next couple of weeks.

As for how does this drive, OMG. I can blow off the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd making just 25psi on 93. It is so smooth and the suspension modifications we made with the KW3's are soooo nice. The car is very responsive. I am extremely proud of how well the car drives and transitions from 15mpg to 50 and back in neighborhood driving. Probably one of the best tune jobs I have ever had regarding drivability. There is something to be said for dyno tuning.