Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Antarctica24 Build Thread updated 07/31/2021

antarctica24

Well.........

I purchased my ride in Nov 2013. My 2012 Focus Sedan was destroyed by a 2500 Chevy Crew Cab Pickup. !@#$%^&*(. He was doing about 60 when he hit me. I was at a complete stop. It launched my car across the opposing lane and into a ditch. It snapped my tailbone and dislocated 4 disc in my back. I am now permanently injured and it cant be fixed. So all of the years installing stuff has come to an end and I have to rely on my real close friends to assist in installing all of my goodies.

IMG_2192.JPEG
IMG_2193.JPEG

I did loose the factory alternator at 190,000.
New Mileage Update 219,000 04/07/2020
The factory clutch although it doesn't need it is being replaced because I am doing a MFactory Diff install
The factory timing belt is getting replaced at 219,000 not because it needed it, but because I am letting Panda build me a motor. I am going all out and not playing around any more.

Panda Built Motor
Peron GTX2860R with tubular manifold which I am not sure I believe in and the external wastegate.
The turbo, manifold and Recirculating Down pipe are ceramic coated, then wrapped
Alpha Bravo Upgraded Fuel Pump, going E50
Xtreme-DI HPFP
35% larger Bosch injectors from the jaguar 3.0 supercharged vehicle
3.5 Bar Map on the Cold Side Pipe
New Cold Side Pipe with panda 50mm BOV
Pro Alloy Intercooler with crash bar
Pro Allow Radiator with Oil Cooler
MFactory Diff
I talked myself into a set of Reys wheels on a 4 x 100 lug pattern that Chris re-drill the hubs for
KW Variant 3 Coilovers
Visracing carbon hood
SVT Rear Brake Upgrade
DNA Crossmember support
DNA Control Arms
Vega Motorworks ground effects
DeltaStyling Wing Riser
LH European Projector headlights with HID
SS3 Fog Light Upgrade from DiodeDynamics

First Upgrades involved the handling of the vehicle
Pierce Motorsports 6 Point
Strut Tower Brace
Wilwood 6 Piston from 2J Racing but ditched the slotted and driller rotors for the heavy duty ones.
BC Coilovers - Complete Mistake would not recommend these to anyone for any reason
All of the above was done prior to adding any power upgrades
I also added a Rear Sway Bar from Eibach and The Torsion Bar Stiffener from Pierce Motorsports.

SUMMARY

WEIGHT REDUCTION
Rear Seat Gone
Spare Tire Gone

WEIGHT ADDITIONS
Modified SRS Studio Roll Cage
Subwoofers
Amplifiers

CHASSIS
Pierce Motorsports 6 point Brace
Pierce Motorsports Strut Tower Brace
Breedt RMM
DNA Under Carriage Crossbeam support
DNA Front Control Arms
Modified SRS Studio Roll Cage

BODY
Visracing Carbon Hood
Fifteen 52 Cup Spoilers
Maxton Design Rear wing extension (to keep me down when I am going 35mph)
Vega Motorworks Front Splitter for Fifteen 52 Cup Spoilers
Vega Motorworks Canards
Vega Motorworks Side Splitters

SUSPENSION
KW Variant 3
Eibach Rear Swaybar
Pierce Motorsports Torsion bar Stiffener

OIL SYSTEM
Radium Dual Catch Can Setup (did away with the drain setup out of the bottom, got -4 steel braided lines, and a quick drain for each one)
Pro Allow Radiator with Built In oil cooler

BRAKES
Wilwood 6 Piston

FREE FLOWING POWER OPTIONs
Pro Alloy Competition FMIC with Crash Bar
Thermal R & D 3" Exhaust
Peron 3" Catless Downpipe with Recirulating Wastegate
Turbosmart 50mm BOV
MAPerformance Charge Pipe
VooDoo Intake Stage 4
Garrett GTX 2860R
Nortech Tubular Header

ELECTRICAL UPGRADES
XS Power Titan8(9 lbs) and Titan 8 XS4700 (9 lbs)
NGK Ignition Coils
Brand X 270 AMP Alternator

FUTURE UPGRADES

AUDIO SYSTEM
So I started working on this and I have made some progress.

IMG_8278.jpg
IMG_8279.jpg
Let me give some insights here. The pods hold 1 Seas T35C-002 and (2) Morel MW4 Hybrid 4" per side. The radio is the Pioneer DEX-PRS99RS. That Metra Crap below my work of art is coming out, I have just been working on other stuff. I am putting the factory piece back in.

Touch screen has been deleted, CAN Bus Module relocated The touch screen serves absolutely no purpose for what I am doing, it is goofy and now gone. Car functions without any issues whatsoever.
Seas T35C-002 Tweeters
IMG_20170419_075648223.jpg

2(4)" morel MW4 hybrid combo on dash in array configuration with Spherical 3D Printed enclosures (Pictures in Audio Thread)

Midbass activity is handled by Morel 634TI 6.3" drivers

(2) 12" Stereo Integrity SQ Subs

SQL-side-image.jpg

Processor is Helix

(2) Zapco AP 6.150's
(1) Sundown Salt 4

Door Speakers are mounted, here are some pictures. Inner Doors were covered in Boom Mat then a .5" layer of closed cell foam (aka Yoga Mat) was liquid nailed to the Boom Mat.
IMG_8377.jpg
IMG_8379.jpg
IMG_8966.jpg

Subboxes are built, Just need to install Subs.
They are round cylinders 2" wide walls made from MDF, and wrapped in Carbon Fiber Vinyl. Custom rack was built to attach to roll cage to secure them in case of rollover.
IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

As of 02/01/2020 Audio System Install is in full swing. Making final adjustments on door mounts, will provide pictures when completed.

Not really Fiesta ST related but sometimes people want to see or ask, so......
Some Previous Achievements
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
Was in Car Stereo Review October 1998 and April 1999
Was in Car Sound of Japan
Was in Car Stereo of the UK
A/D/S used car for International Advertising Campaign
Car received full sponsorship from Pioneer, A/D/S and Nordost
(Will post pictures soon)

2002 Pontiac Trans Am
822 RWHP 693 Ft TQ
First two builds were on my checkbook
3rd build was full sponsorship from Hot Rod Magazine
822RWHP 693 Ft TQ
photo-786_0.jpg

Hood weight was 25lbs it was Carbon Fiber
IMG_2048.jpg

This amp was stupid big from JBL, It arrived on a Pallet. We custom made mounts so it could be mounted on the roll cage, which was a custom chrome Moly.
IMG_2043.jpg

When I was done with my car, my partner with the clutch company had a friend in Australia who wanted to develop a twin turbo setup for the F-body but that car was not
available over there, so he paid to ship my car over there and I eventually sold it to him. This is a picture after converting the car to RH drive, and replacing the hood, and roof.
Trans-am-in-Austalia.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

The shop where I was doing all of my work is where a lot of the Nascar guys were building their personal stuff. About 8 of them showed up the day we put it on the dyno.
One of them named Bigun, who was working on Darrell Waltrips cars, custom made the intake plenum for the 105mm throttle body. It was beautiful.
Intake1.jpg
IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2035.jpg

2006 Pontiac GTO

2008 Corvette Z06

Attachments

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Looking forward to read this as it develops!

Nice choices on the CP-E and Big mouth, I got those as well!

[coolsmile]

Awesome! How about interior creaking? Electronics (key fob, window motors and buttons, ect)? I am so stoked to see a FiST surpass 150K as I plan to never sell my car (but a new engine every 100k would change my mind probably). Have you checked cylinder compression recently?

Almost forgot, how are the Ricaro's holding up?

Looks like a nice list of mods. You're going to love when you get the Accessport flashed onto your ECU. With those hard parts you'll be able to go straight to the Stage 3 OTS tune.

I have a specific question regarding the Pierce 6-point brace; how much does it affect ground clearance? I'm thinking about getting it but also want to not have it catch all the snow and ice come wintertime, especially once I lower the car.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #8
Awesome! How about interior creaking? Electronics (key fob, window motors and buttons, ect)? I am so stoked to see a FiST surpass 150K as I plan to never sell my car (but a new engine every 100k would change my mind probably). Have you checked cylinder compression recently?

Almost forgot, how are the Ricaro's holding up?
I think the passenger side front window is a little loose in its bracket. At speeds I can hear a little something, but when I press on the window it stops. I am being way over critical. I also think I can hear wind noise coming from the vent in the cowl. I could be wrong or it could be plastic in the passenger side door. I have had the door panels off checking for fitment in speakers. I cant ever install in a space what goes in a space. I don't have the Recaro's I have the other seats. I am in and out of this car about 15 times a day, so getting in and out of the car would have been a challenge with those seats. The car is bone dry underneath, no leaks anywhere. All window motors, start button, locks, everything continues to function as it did day one.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #9
Looks like a nice list of mods. You're going to love when you get the Accessport flashed onto your ECU. With those hard parts you'll be able to go straight to the Stage 3 OTS tune.

I have a specific question regarding the Pierce 6-point brace; how much does it affect ground clearance? I'm thinking about getting it but also want to not have it catch all the snow and ice come wintertime, especially once I lower the car.
Well.....Space is relative isn't it? [angel]

The guy who helped me put the coilovers on the car wanted to lower the car way more than I wanted because of my job. I do accident photography so I have to go down some dirt roads sometimes, that have never been worked on....ever. Sometimes I think some of the potholes my car could drive into them like a crater. The car is lowered about an inch to inch and half from factory. I have scraped the 6 point on some things that were sticking up or I was coming out of a pothole. I have never scraped on a speed bump no matter how bad they were and I have never scraped it on any road other than a dirt road or what I would call off road. Sometimes the people I have to see live at the very end of a 4 mile unpaved unmanaged road and it pisses me off everytime I have to go down one of these roads. Some of them if you saw them, you would be like "I am not driving that road with my car" but I go anyway. I have gotten really good at it including some really bad mud holes. Your car is not going to make it through 10 inches of snow on the road support brace or not.

Well.....Space is relative isn't it? [angel]

The guy who helped me put the coilovers on the car wanted to lower the car way more than I wanted because of my job. I do accident photography so I have to go down some dirt roads sometimes, that have never been worked on....ever. Sometimes I think some of the potholes my car could drive into them like a crater. The car is lowered about an inch to inch and half from factory. I have scraped the 6 point on some things that were sticking up or I was coming out of a pothole. I have never scraped on a speed bump no matter how bad they were and I have never scraped it on any road other than a dirt road or what I would call off road. Sometimes the people I have to see live at the very end of a 4 mile unpaved unmanaged road and it pisses me off everytime I have to go down one of these roads. Some of them if you saw them, you would be like "I am not driving that road with my car" but I go anyway. I have gotten really good at it including some really bad mud holes. Your car is not going to make it through 10 inches of snow on the road support brace or not.
I appreciate the extensive perspective. [cheers]

[MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION] - Do you have an oil catch can installed? I'm debating if they are worth it. They are supposed to help engine longevity.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #13
[MENTION=929]antarctica24[/MENTION] - Do you have an oil catch can installed? I'm debating if they are worth it. They are supposed to help engine longevity.
I've heard that as well but I don't have one at the moment. I was contemplating adding one and an oil cooler when I buy the turbo upgrade in the next couple of weeks.

On the longevity part I have to change my oil like every two weeks and I use synthetic. So far so good.

Well.........

I purchased my ride in Nov 2013.

The car surpassed the 159,500 mark today 4/12/2016, Still no problems. All of the regular stuff was done at 100,000 like plugs, coolant, etc. Hey Rick, First one to 159,000 Ha Ha.
Is there any reason you waited so long to mod the car? Just curious.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #15
Is there any reason you waited so long to mod the car? Just curious.
Yep. I've done this so many times and to so many extremes. I thought after the last one I was done. It's very expensive and the job I took I took so I could finish my 3rd masters degree and this job requires I have reliable transportation because I am driving 6000 miles per month and a couple months 7000 miles.

A friend I have runs in the cobalt crowd and all of our shared friends all have high hp 4 cylinders. I used to build all of this stuff myself and owned a performance clutch company which I sold and a car and home theater store and sold it. But since the accident my back now has 4 dislocated disc and a fractured tailbone. So my new friends help me with the installs and I just got the bug but I am not going overboard this time. I am absolutely of the kind of person who could take this car to 400hp all day long. Going inside the motor upgrading the insides the heads and then the fuel system but I am ok at this point to just have something north of 250/250 and less than 300/300 because I feel that is the upper safety limits of the chassis.

XuperXero

Now I know our clutch can really handle some mileage... And the fact that you have all these mods and no OCC proves how reliable this motor is. Great thread!

If you are going bigger turbo soon, why not just flash stage 3 and enjoy the extra kick?
You would at least feel what 250+ TQ feels like.
The cobb flashes are conservative anyways.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #18
If you are going bigger turbo soon, why not just flash stage 3 and enjoy the extra kick?
You would at least feel what 250+ TQ feels like.
The cobb flashes are conservative anyways.
Your wish is my command. I finally got the Catted down pipe installed and now running the Stage 3 OTS. JESUS GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!!!. WOW. What a difference. Well I can definitely say this is not the same car any more. I am a bit confused by one thing. Everyone says this car stops pulling at 3400 to 3500 RPM and based on my first dyno graph I would not argue that point. I am going to let Adam at Tune+ create a tune for me. But as a seat of the pants observer, this car pulls all the way to 7K and it pulls hard. Remember what I said about what I have built, so I have a general idea of what hard pulling is. The other odd thing, is at 3K, in 6th gear doing 80, getting to 130 is no problem. It actually happens very quickly. With the stage 1 it was somewhat of an effort, but not anymore. Im not a fan of guessing and I really like depending on a real dyno, but the Cobb Meter says torque is 282. I don't know if I can believe that or not. Oh yeah one more thing, my 163K Mile clutch is still holding.

XuperXero

I seriously wonder what the hell our clutch is made of. If we get our clutch swapped in the future, it no longer make sense to go any other brand except OEM. Maybe a LW flywheel upgrade, that's about it.

OP
antarctica24

antarctica24

Thread Starter #20
I seriously wonder what the hell our clutch is made of. If we get our clutch swapped in the future, it no longer make sense to go any other brand except OEM. Maybe a LW flywheel upgrade, that's about it.
Having manufactured clutches, based on how my car is driving, a light weight flywheel buys you nothing except less drivability. If nothing else, the factory clutch may need a little weight added to offset some of the torque. But I agree completely, I could use any clutch material in the world, and make the disc for about $50.00 and I am not sure it would be any better than what the OEM has come up with. The other thing to take into consideration is the pressure plate. It could be as much that and the springs it uses as it is the clutch disc.