Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mechanical Changes/Improvements to FiST Through the Years?

The heated seats on my '14 cycle on and off by themselves also.
I read more than once, that some one had to turn of there heated seat. Maybe they didnt take the heat hahaha

The heated seats are kinda weird. They go in cycles almost. You start them and after a while its lava hot, wait a bit more and it cools down. 2 minutes after, back to lava.

When I wear shorts in the winter, the heated seats kind of hurt on bare skin.

15 cycles as well. I regularly utilize the seat heater as a heat massage on the way home after leg workouts or long runs and races. Wish it didn't cycle, but whatev.

The original half plastic coolant overflow hose that goes from the expansion tank turns 180° and up over the timing belt to the back of the engine has been replaced by an all rubber hose.

I learned that after cracking mine at the plastic 180° bend.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
UPDATED LIST OF CHANGES (not all confirmed) reported or speculated on:

Suspension bushings softened for 2015
Rear motor mounts stiffened for 2016 (or maybe not)
Shocks cheapened for 2016
Speedo or tach changed during 2014- redline changed
MAF monitoring/Intake (Air Box),and High Flow Induction Hose changed for 2016
CCV change to the Intake plumbing for 2016- Possibly to help prevent carbon buildup on Intakes
Axle shaft seals improved for 2016 to prevent leaks
Heated Seats cycle On/Off for 2016 (but also reported to do so on a '14 and '15)
Coolant overflow hose now made of all rubber

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
To the naked eye it appears to be the same.
I thought so,too, although it could be a different firmness. There's a word for hardness in rubber,it's durometer,i looked it up, and it seems like that's something you couldn't necessarily see.
thanks for taking the time to take and post the pictures, both of you

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
UPDATED LIST OF CHANGES reported or speculated on:

Suspension bushings softened for 2015
Rear motor mounts stiffened for 2016 (or maybe not)
Shocks cheapened for 2016
Speedo or tach changed during 2014- redline changed
MAF monitoring/Intake (Air Box),and High Flow Induction Hose changed for 2016
CCV change to the Intake plumbing for 2016- Possibly to help prevent carbon buildup on Intakes
Axle shaft seals improved for 2016 to prevent leaks
Heated Seats cycle On/Off for 2016 (but also reported to do so on a '14 and '15)
Coolant overflow hose now made of all rubber
Cylinder Head changed, with new P/N (reported on the "what will be a future big-time issue" thread by a member whose head cracked-his car was reported to have a bigger turbo and maybe meth injection. Just FYI there's also a guy on that thread reporting over 163k trouble-free miles with basic maintenance but very frequent (~every 2-2.5k) full-synthetic oil changes! That's great to hear.)

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Might want to update the list in the original post instead of (or in addition to) in a reply.
i think that's a good idea,i wasn't sure which one would be more visible,but I will put the current list in the original post. thanks for the suggestion.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Evo, in a 6/16 article said some suspension changes had been made in describing the limited edition Euro ST200, but went on to say that these changes had been added to all FiST's at the end of last summer, and so weren't unique to that model. I'll post the quote and the link here, but was wondering if anyone knew anything about these. This is what I was getting at when I started this thread, that car companies make subtle changes to cars without necessarily announcing them. I know Evo's British,but the article says the changes apply to all, and my understanding is that our cars are the same as the British ones except for the obvious extra doors.

The ST200?s chassis has been tweaked with slightly softer springs and dampers all round and a stiffer rear torsion beam and front anti-roll bar ? both by 33 per cent ? in an effort to improve both ride quality and handling precision. Those upgrades were quietly rolled out on all Fiesta STs at the end of last summer, however, so they?re not unique to the ST200.

You?d need to be very familiar with earlier versions of the ST to notice those chassis teaks. In isolation the two cars behave in much the same way, but the increased roll stiffness and slightly more neutral chassis balance are evident. On bumpy roads the car does feel very tautly sprung at low speeds, despite the softer spring rates, but that does settle once on the move.

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/fiesta-st/page/0/3

The ST200?s chassis has been tweaked with slightly softer springs and dampers all round and a stiffer rear torsion beam and front anti-roll bar ? both by 33 per cent ? in an effort to improve both ride quality and handling precision. Those upgrades were quietly rolled out on all Fiesta STs at the end of last summer, however, so they?re not unique to the ST200.
[/SIZE]
http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/fiesta-st/page/0/3
My 2016 made Dec of 2015 contradicts the notion that all cars made after summer of 15 have the ST200 kit. Part of the ST200 kit is bigger sway bars to compensate for softer springs. My front sway is 19mm, the size of earlier made ST's. Just a point of reference, I posted this somewhere else also...