Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mechanical Changes/Improvements to FiST Through the Years?

koozy

3000 Post Club
It’s the top. Photos provide proof, And it makes no sense to make an aftermarket replacement that doesn’t replicate OE.

Sent from my iPhone

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Sorry to thread jack but I'm wondering if the mounts for the shocks/struts remained the same throughout production.
Will suspension designed for a '16 fit an 18 without modification?
thanks
Yes, while there is a new part number for the shock/struts themselves as they got a little softer for '17+, you scan always cross reference off Tasca to make sure, but the overall design for the whole car remained the same.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #148
Yes, while there is a new part number for the shock/struts themselves as they got a little softer for '17+, you scan always cross reference off Tasca to make sure, but the overall design for the whole car remained the same.
I looked this up on the Tasca Parts site, and you are correct, it does show a new part number for the shocks, actually starting from 2/16/16, which I assume references the build date.
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...ont-suspension-cat/struts-and-components-scat

When buying aftermarket parts for the st many times 2014 through 2016 are listed or 2014 through 2017.
2018 and 2019 are either dropped inadvertantly or deliberately. Why is this
For one set of coilovers they listed every year up to 2019 but left out 2018. Don't know what's going on.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Based on your images, the 2014 shows a red-line point of 6,750 while the later revision shows ~6,500.
Personally never paid much attention to red-line. Like most (stock) vehicles it runs out of steam well before getting there anyway.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
My printed 2019 manual matches the online manual: 8.5 qts rad. Here are some pics for the curious....it includes spring rate.

Attachments

Last edited: